1yr old birthday

Hi! Congratulations for successfully reaching the first year of your little one. As for your child's birthday, it is important to set aside and plan for the budget. Then you can think of motif that will be suited to your taste without compromising your allowance. Some choose color motif instead of cartoon-inspired themes as it gives them more choices as for the designs, table centerpieces and stage backdrops. With my daughter, I used black, white, and yellow and called her birthday party, A Day and Night Full of Sunshine. Most of our decors were made by yours truly. I scouted for ideas in Pinterest and that helped me a lot. The money that I saved from decors, I spent on a great host and of course, foods!

Last edited:

dwzphotos

Hi!
You might also want to consider the venue to hold the party, the type of cake (design, flavour), and also souvenirs for other children who come to the party :)

acidflame

Hi! Congratulations for successfully reaching the first year of your LO. As for your child's birthday, it is important to set aside and plan for the budget. Then you can think of motif that will be suited to your taste without compromising your budget. Some choose color motif instead of cartoon-inspired themes as it gives them more choices as for the designs, table centerpieces and stage backdrops. With my daughter, I used black, white, and yellow and called her birthday party, A Day and Night Full of Sunshine. Most of our decors were made by yours truly. I scouted for ideas in Pinterest and that helped me a lot. The money that I saved from decors, I spent on a great host and of course, foods!
Can share with me wat u do for ur baby? decor / host / food...
i got no idea where to start from.. budget not too much

Oh, that's much better. Just keep it sweet and simple. Afterall, the party is never for the visitors, it's for you and for your baby. Enjoy and don't forget to look for DIYs in pinterest as it is very, very helpful especially in making beautiful and unique decors.

caramelcrush

Hmm during my last visit to Marine Parade last week, I happened to past by a party store called Party Hut and they actually sell themed party wares/balloon bouquets and also do birthday party hosting. I got my balloon bouquet at a rather good price. And I am pretty sure I saw some 1st birthday stocks in the store. Perhaps you might want to check them out?

Xelle

Hi,

I think setting a budget and the number of people you want to invite are first priority. Then you can plan how much money to set aside for the food and drinks. To make it more memorable, do decide in a theme for the birthday. If you like to DIY, there are more options for you as you do not need to limit yourself to store bought theme packs. I like DIY, and planned for my daughter's birthday months in advance, so that I didn't have to rush all the work. But of course, you can have simple cake, presents for your little one, and it's already a party!

Last edited:

Xelle

Just to add on, I love to go to pinterest like some of the mummies here for ideas, or directly to Kara's Party Ideas which I think features fantastic parties. I went there for ideas for my daughter's birthday themes, some of which you can check here on my blog. Hope this helps!