2% Commision - Even Thou not a good job

Cheyenne

Hi Mummies, I would like to ask if we must die die pay the 2% the the agent for selling out HBD even thou he did not do a good job.

I felt that my agent is not doing a good job - he simply ignore reminder that we need to sell our house fast (as already bought a another, paid deposit etc). Also he did not warn us that HDB would forefeit the deposit if ours is a negative sold. His face was shocked when the HDB office told this to us. Luckily, we did not spend away the $. Also there were times when he did not convey our message properly to the buyer, end up we have to pay extra $3K due to late hand over.

I very reluctant to pay him the full 2%. Any advise for me.

soapsoap

Hi Mummies, I would like to ask if we must die die pay the 2% the the agent for selling out HBD even thou he did not do a good job.

I felt that my agent is not doing a good job - he simply ignore reminder that we need to sell our house fast (as already bought a another, paid deposit etc). Also he did not warn us that HDB would forefeit the deposit if ours is a negative sold. His face was shocked when the HDB office told this to us. Luckily, we did not spend away the $. Also there were times when he did not convey our message properly to the buyer, end up we have to pay extra $3K due to late hand over.

I very reluctant to pay him the full 2%. Any advise for me.

did u sidn any agreement with the agent that u aare going to pay him 2% commission?

cos when i buy my new house my agent did not do a good job and i onli pay him 1k tat all.

if u did not sign any agreement u can tell him the commission is already from te 3k u pay to the buyer, or any way is to call his company and complain abt him and see wat the company will do

Angelmum

did you sidn any agreement with the agent that you aare going to pay him 2% commission?
never sign you still can bargain on the grounds of unprofessionalism.
if signed, he made you paid extra $3k, you said you have to minus off from his comm since his fault.
+ gather all black n white to support yr word. Some agt thou did bad job insisted 2% n even go to the extend of legal case cos they holding yr exclusive agt agreement.

Last edited:
Can try send a complain letter to the company.... I think there is a clause saying if there is negligence of something like that... btw, u signed the commission letter? This is different from the Exlusive rights.

jasminelow22

talk to the agent concern first about your unhappiness and tell agent you feel it is unfair that info not conveyed properly causing you to fork out extra money and ask for his solution. from there, you see what next step to do.