2 Year Old Toddler keep wanting to be carry

Lostkitty

Hi All Mummies

Need advice and help. My gal recently attended 2 hr playgroup this year and as she was the only child in my family, she afraid of strangers. When my mum took her to the playgroup, she cling to my mum like a poala bear and the teacher have no choice but to carry her out throught the hard way.

Now the problem is, my mum aged over 60 years old and my gal wants her to carry her to and fro the journey. Eventhough it was only a 15 - 20 mins walk but my mum's back is giving way soon. Last week she was totally fine in walking by herself but it changes over the weekend.

My mum has started to complain and it really fustrated me.

Can any mummies please advice me what to do with my gal.

Thanks in advance.

Xelle

Like the other mummies here, I think a stroller will probably help your mum. Besides the distance, I think it could be due to insecurity of going to a new environment thus she acts up and asks to carry when otherwise she would usually walk. My daughter also start acting up a little when she first started attending preschool.

You may want to use a soft-structured carrier like ERGO that supports your back and shoulder. It is going to be a win-win situation: since your little girl still loves to be carried, you would be able to carry her without hurting your back and shoulders. ((:)