20,000 apply for 2,000 HDB flats

PinkDiamonds

I applied before. First time we got a queue number but very very far behind so we decided to forfeit it. Second time we got a good queue number and decided to take the flat.

Anw this has been the normal practice. They will say the $10 is for processing the application, thus you will not get it back.

MomoMummy

exactly.. i am applying and i really need a flat.. my rent end this dec.. and this house is really a financial burden to us. though hubby didnt show it but i know..

just hope and pray that i got it... it will be the biggest present that i ever receive.. :embarrassed: 170 house but 2000 applicants.. how to get????

tian ahhh.. jiu jiu wo bah...

aIDa81

yah me too applied for it.. actually they should make the time shorter rather than to close it after two weeks..or should have a max app like first come first serve basis... easy $$ for them of coz..
no hope..only miracle ..to the lucky ones..

Last edited:

tinkerball

LOL i'm one of the 20,000 too... haha
apply under 3rd child piority scheme...
i also appllied under MCP. have been trying since 2007. im so hopeful of getting a flat this time that i kept dreaming that i got myself a flat. that is how bad i really needed a flat.. even in my dreams.. gd luck guys..:red:

edy

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you have applied, I would like to wish you good luck!

Goverment should build more HDB for its citizen!

wenz

Yes more HDB but at reasonable/acceptable price for not so well-to-do family or young family....
they are pricing the flat at way too high~

diymummy

I agree that prices for new flats are way too high. I can't believe that they're saying that it's reasonable. Since it's supposed to be affordable housing, why is it pegged to private sector property rates?

Well, I guess it's cheap compared to 2million houses that some people are staying in.

hippopolai

I'm one of the 20,000 also... All the best to all of us who applied... Haiz... I also need a house, with baby renting room with ppl is very inconvenient... My boy learn to crawl soon, wish to give him more space....

wenz

I'm one of the 20,000 also... All the best to all of us who applied... sigh... I also need a house, with baby renting room with ppl is very inconvenient... My boy learn to crawl soon, wish to give him more space....
hey u applied for the jurong west area too??
i think chance are sooo slim cos so many ppl apply...

Queenbabe

Hi wenz,

how r u? why wait until now then apply for flat or long ago u already apply but very hard to get right? i wonder where are all these pple come from, so many applicants so scary when i saw the amount of 20,000 ......

wenz

Hi wenz,

how are you? why wait until now then apply for flat or long ago you already apply but very hard to get right? i wonder where are all these pple come from, so many applicants so scary when i saw the amount of 20,000 ......
hey elaine... currently i own a resale flat la... but now getting too cramp liao... so need to get a new flat and move out lo....

i think mostly are new couple la...

now ur flat is u and hubby own?

Queenbabe

hey elaine... currently i own a resale flat ... but now getting too cramp ... so need to get a new flat and move out ....

i think mostly are new couple ...

now your flat is you and hubby own?
Oh tats good living on your own, so which area you interested and 5room is it? Ya lorrrrr alot of new couple :001_302::001_302: now staying with in laws :( also very cramp coz still have my two sil...... i already buy my Bto at woodlands will move in only after 2-3yrs sob sob..........

wenz

Oh tats good living on your own, so which area you interested and 5room is it? Ya lorrrrr alot of new couple :001_302::001_302: now staying with in laws :( also very cramp coz still have my two sister In law...... i already buy my Bto at woodlands will move in only after 2-3yrs sob sob..........
have to la.. 3kids + me and hubby already 5 liao leh...
ya 5rms one at jurong west lo...

the prob with BTO is need to wait very long! but at least u got urs secure liao la.. not like us..

tinkerball

Hi wenz,

how are you? why wait until now then apply for flat or long ago you already apply but very hard to get right? i wonder where are all these pple come from, so many applicants so scary when i saw the amount of 20,000 ......
open market is asking at least 15k-30k in cash. if u managed to get one without cov u are considered really lucky. becos of this high cov that is driving people to apply directly from hdb instead. i lost count the number of times i applied from hdb since 2007. im very hopeful this time.

Queenbabe

have to .. 3kids + me and hubby already 5 ...
ya 5rms one at jurong west ...

the prob with BTO is need to wait very long! but at least you got urs secure .. not like us..
Pray for u and the rest of the mummies here will get their home sweet home soon....... im still waiting waiting and waiting:001_302: i also want a ready flat but got no chance since Oct 2008 half yearly my q-no so big until i fainted until this Bto my no. is damn good so go for it lorrrrr..... by the way which gynae u went and is it u deliver at Mt A? Sorry out of topic:tlaugh:im having no.3:shyxxx:

Queenbabe

open market is asking at least 15k-30k in cash. if you managed to get one without cov you are considered really lucky. becos of this high cov that is driving people to apply directly from hdb instead. i lost count the number of times i applied from hdb since 2007. im very hopeful this time.
I was thinking how many times and how many $10 did u pay hdb? scary apply since 2007...... yes yes resale flat market need alot of COV tats y i give up.... if w/o COV i think the flat owner might borrow $ from loanshark:001_302:

wenz

Pray for you and the rest of the mummies here will get their home sweet home soon....... im still waiting waiting and waiting:001_302: i also want a ready flat but got no chance since Oct 2008 half yearly my q-no so big until i fainted until this Bto my no. is damn good so go for it lorrrrr..... by the way which gynae you went and is it you deliver at Mt A? Sorry out of topic:tlaugh:im having no.3:shyxxx:
oh having no. 3 liao!! gongxi!!
how many mths le??
i went to London and woman clinic, doc CK Toh
yes birth at Mt A..

you?