2011 - Anyone doing IVF? Succes?

mymiracle

Hi All,

I have been married for more than 10 year, no luck on natural.

Unfortunately i did 6x of IUI all failed.. (i have blocked L tude & Hubby sperms are low too) *Feeling so depress*

Finally I am being brave and hubby agreed and now we are starting our IVF process at KK. Today (25th Aug) is my day 10 of injecting. Hope everything goes smooth for us...

Really hope MIRACLE in the year of Dragon.

Baby Dust to all

reiann

Hi All,

I have been married for more than 10 year, no luck on natural.

Unfortunately i did 6x of IUI all failed.. (i have blocked L tude & Hubby sperms are low too) *Feeling so depress*

Finally I am being brave and hubby agreed and now we are starting our IVF process at KK. Today (25th Aug) is my day 10 of injecting. Hope everything goes smooth for us...

Really hope MIRACLE in the year of Dragon.

Baby Dust to all

I hope you will conceive very very soon!! :) best of luck!

may I ask, and could you share with me, how you got to KK? by private route or by public (polyclinic)? how long did you have to wait to secure an appointment?

best of luck!!

mymiracle

thanks reiann!! really Hope so...

I went to Normal Polyclinic for a check up (not able to conceive) and was referred to KK (Cheaper too).. when for a full body check up so as my hubby too.. realised i have blocked tude and hubby sperm was ok at time.. (Year 2007)

We wait another 3.5 year, still no new so we decided we cant wait anymore.. waited too many time.

From the day we are ready, i went for most checkup again, scanning etc.. waited for 2 mth for our turn.

i am glad finally i am in my day 14 injection already... Miracle please bless up!

how about you?

reiann

thanks reiann!! really Hope so...

I went to Normal Polyclinic for a check up (not able to conceive) and was referred to KK (Cheaper too).. when for a full body check up so as my hubby too.. realised i have blocked tude and hubby sperm was ok at time.. (Year 2007)

We wait another 3.5 year, still no new so we decided we cant wait anymore.. waited too many time.

From the day we are ready, i went for most checkup again, scanning etc.. waited for 2 mth for our turn.

i am glad finally i am in my day 14 injection already... Miracle please bless up!

how about you?

why did you wait for 3.5 years! sounds so long! but I suppose you must still be quite young :)

if I don't get pregnant this month, I'm going to head straight to a polyclinic!

mymiracle

Hi Reiann, i was then 26 only.. Now 30 looo... i shouldnt have waited till now..

today just went to collect my #2 injection, gonna inject for 7 days starting from tmr...

see the needles kinda make me even scared but think of the coming baby i will Jia You! Good luck to u :)

how long have u tried? have both went for body check up?

Hi mymiracle,

You still need to continue to inject lucrin when start puregon injection?

How many day you did lucrin injection?

eunicexie

Hi

I am on my last stage of the 1st IVF cycle, also with KK Hospital. My dr. is Dr. Sadhana (senior consultant). I had over 12 days of puregon injection, and about 3 weeks of lucrin injection. Just did the minor surgery to pick up the eggs on yesterday morning (31 August). I understand that Hospital will issue me Hospitalisation leave (HL) from yesterday until my blood test date on 17 September. However, I plan to go back to work on Monday, as my boss is very demanding type, not happy that I had to go in and out of hospital often for the jabs and the scans etc. :embarrassed: This is not hard to understand, given that I am in the legal field and I just joined the firm about 1 month ago. :nah: If I am going to take leave for another 2 plus more weeks, he will just definitely kill me off. :eek: If I sit at home for the 2 plus weeks, I will just keep on thinking about whether the IVF is successful or not. So might as well just keep myself occupied with work. Hopefully this cycle will be successful.

If this cycle not successful, how long do I need to wait before trying the next cycle? 3 months at least? Coz my boss is giving me opportunity to be with his law firm for another 6 months, but then I must be able to sit still and settle down.

d3s1r33

Hi

I am on my last stage of the 1st IVF cycle, also with KK Hospital. My dr. is Dr. Sadhana (senior consultant). I had over 12 days of puregon injection, and about 3 weeks of lucrin injection. Just did the minor surgery to pick up the eggs on yesterday morning (31 August). I understand that Hospital will issue me Hospitalisation leave (HL) from yesterday until my blood test date on 17 September. However, I plan to go back to work on Monday, as my boss is very demanding type, not happy that I had to go in and out of hospital often for the jabs and the scans etc. :embarrassed: This is not hard to understand, given that I am in the legal field and I just joined the firm about 1 month ago. :nah: If I am going to take leave for another 2 plus more weeks, he will just definitely kill me off. :eek: If I sit at home for the 2 plus weeks, I will just keep on thinking about whether the IVF is successful or not. So might as well just keep myself occupied with work. Hopefully this cycle will be successful.

If this cycle not successful, how long do I need to wait before trying the next cycle? 3 months at least? Coz my boss is giving me opportunity to be with his law firm for another 6 months, but then I must be able to sit still and settle down.
Hello...work may be important but since you have spent so much time on doing ivf! I suggest you should at least rest 1week before heading back to office since your boss are really that demanding. The HL is meant for you to rest so that the transferred embryos can stay in your womb. You should by resting on bed most of the time, less sitting up or walking. :001_302:

I had my first and last ivf in 2010 June with Dr S.F Loh, my sweetie was born this year in Feb. :shyxxx:
I rested for the 2weeks by sleeping and eating only :p , I minimize my movement at home too. Erm...I had pregnancy symptoms at the beginning of 2nd weeks after transferred.
My thinking during ivf at that moment was "at least I did my part to rest well even if I failed NO regrets"! :Dancing_tongue:

Last edited:

d3s1r33

why did you wait for 3.5 years! sounds so long! but I suppose you must still be quite young :)

if I don't get pregnant this month, I'm going to head straight to a polyclinic!
Hello...actually you can go straight to KKH and fix appointment with Dr SF Loh. He is the director in IVF centre. If you were to visit polyclinic first you'll be wasting time and going a round or more check up with them before they refer you to KKH. :)

Last edited:

reiann

Hello...actually you can go straight to KKH and fix appointment with Dr SF Loh. He is the director in IVF centre. If you were to visit polyclinic first you'll be wasting time and going a round or more check up with them before they refer you to KKH. :)

But if I head straight to KK, it'll be full charges, no subsidies from the govt, no? Is there still any subsidies?

d3s1r33

But if I head straight to KK, it'll be full charges, no subsidies from the govt, no? Is there still any subsidies?
You will still the full subsidies from govt even if you walk in as long as you did not opt to transfer 3 embryos (standard 2embryos with subsidies)

Normal Consultation fee for dr loh at clinic D $70 below c/w scanning. As he is very famous in Kkh ivf hence waiting time is like <4hrs if he have any emergency operation.

Personally i hate waiting hence I'm a private patients in kkh I visits dr loh at private suite ! If you hate waiting too you can consider to visit him at "The Private Suite" $80 plus minus. Waiting waiting time less than an hr, any emergency waiting time 2hrs max.

But, you have to take into consideration if you are pregnant as a private patients charges will be slightly higher than clinic D patients when child birth. :shyxxx:

Hi

Hi lady

You should make full use of HL given since spent a lot effort..hardwork & $$. Why not rest more? If go back to work during 2WW, anything happen who bear the resposible..your boss will say 'You should stay at home' since he so demanding. He would't kill you honestly..but show bad face to you after 2ww.

Did you told your boss you will be going to start IVF before taking the offer?

During 2WW, you can do a lot of thing..watching korean drama..movies...read more forum topics..

Last edited:

Hi reiann
Subsidies given on pre-investigate test & doctor fee(hospital assign any doctor) if you have refer letter from poly. But waiting is very** long

Govt co-funding for max of 3 cycle - max to $3k regardless whether you have refer letter or not.

Last edited:

liliankoh

You will still the full subsidies from govt even if you walk in as long as you did not opt to transfer 3 embryos (standard 2embryos with subsidies)

Normal Consultation fee for dr loh at clinic D $70 below c/w scanning. As he is very famous in Kandang Kerbau Hospital ivf hence waiting time is like <4hrs if he have any emergency operation.

Personally i hate waiting hence I'm a private patients in Kandang Kerbau Hospital I visits dr loh at private suite ! If you hate waiting too you can consider to visit him at "The Private Suite" $80 plus minus. Waiting waiting time less than an hr, any emergency waiting time 2hrs max.

But, you have to take into consideration if you are pregnant as a private patients charges will be slightly higher than clinic D patients when child birth. :shyxxx:

I thought D clinic is private? Does private suite has sat appt?

mymiracle

Hi Neobeehong,

yes, for Lucrin just keep injecting, heard the nurse mentioned this is to protect our lining.. Cant stop it.

today (5th Sept)
Lucrin - Day 21
Puregon - Day 5

I am visiting the doctor this thursday for a scan to see how's my "eggs" doing, from there, doctor will arrange the (ml) for Puregon again.

mymiracle

Hi d3s1r33,

i went to Polyc and was being referred to KK.. it was just 1 x check up at Polyc... all i wan was the sub fees..

after that all my check up was with KK no longer with Polyc.

mymiracle

Hi D3s1r33,

i actually wanted SF loh, but was informed need to Q... i was half way with jerry chan, do you think i can request for SF loh to take my case? anyway i visted jerry chan 2 x only.. was informed he will be my IVF doctor..

d3s1r33

Hi D3s1r33,

i actually wanted SF loh, but was informed need to Q... i was half way with jerry chan, do you think i can request for SF loh to take my case? anyway i visted jerry chan 2 x only.. was informed he will be my IVF doctor..
Hello...

You can give it a try for switching of ivf dr, the dr will be the one doing retriever and transfer of embryos. Yap.. Dr Loh needs to Q cos at clinic D he is seeing all kind of patients there. Btw, you saw dr chan at clinic before going to ivf center right??