**2011** Rabbit Mama Pls Gather here **

maneo0302

I am now 17wk :) My doc fees for each time before package start is $80 (Scan + check up) excluded medicine. The package start from 12wks onwards (
that's quite usual for all gyane) and mine is $500 only scan & check up.. those extra test and medicine is excluded (That's usualy also) So based on rough maths, from 12wk onwards at least u also have 7times or more to see the doc (about 1mth once towards the end is more often, plus if u have prob and might visit more often) $80x7= $560 already package cover the cost :p So take the package is kinda more worth. Diff doc diff fees so check with the nurse :) Anyway package dun start so early.

As of which hospital hor.. beside the birth package the hospital charge you, maybe u also want to check where your gynae normall work with, there might be extra charges if the doc go another hospital, and doc prioirty will also be his primary hospital (meaning if got 2 pax give birth about the same time he will sure go primary one and u at the other hospital will get another doc at that hospital at that time), doc also work better with their primary hospital nurse then other place in some sense.

probe scan inside?? hmm is it old model scanner? so far I hear my friend and mine are all at the tummy surface wor.

Having baby is really fun! Enjoying myself now hee hee :shyxxx:
Hi Uksportgal, my consultation is $80 and excluding supplements, vitamins, tests etc. Package only start from 20 weeks, and its $700 (excl supplements, vitamins, tests). I only took up the package when i'm 24 weeks pregnant.
As for which hosp to give birth, i have not really discussed with my gynea.

Qian1984

Yup. Tat's the plan i'm still considering. The cut off date is how many weeks preg?
Cutoff is 32 weeks, but of cos better dun wait till last wk in case got underwriting issues.. Those who already hv prudential prusmartlady plan can enjoy further 15% disc for the first yr leh! If any of u decides to get b4 28th march, let me know, my agency got vouchers for tt, I think ntuc or shopping vouchers to act as additional gift for bb. :) too bad even mar finish I oso hvnt reach the min 18 wks!

Kaiserit: yup, gd! It's getting frequent nowadays but lucky cn be resolved.. But my poor firend's bb jialat, heart op ok already thought can discharge but end up bb seems cannot breathe properly, now hv tube inserted in his body to help and still pending doc to see whether is congenital lung disease or just temporary lymph... Something. So sad. :(

Mei2009: got already? Do look into it~

Rabbitmummy: each consultation abt 80 then plus whatever doc tried to give then end up 100 plus Liao loh.. How come some package is only 500 so cheap! Got include measure bb heartbeat the graphs? Heard is near due date tt time doc will try to chk bb heartbeat see the chart whether got irregular or wat a not.. I go double chk w him again nxt sat..

Btw I'm gg bkk next sun for 5 days! Gonna stock up my anti-nausea pills Liao.. Lol

Qian1984

Huh u from overseas ar? Where u now.. It still works, only thing is the hospital benefit whereby it pays out $100 per hospital stay shld bb is premature need tor stay in neonatal icu or hv hand foot mouth disease or zzz inside incubator for more than 3 days. This hospital benefit only subject to Singapore and Malaysia hospitals.. Other than that, those lump sum eg 100k or 5k payout for complications or abnormalities can cover.. As well as the savings & coverage plan for bb..

lyra

Oh gosh, I realised its super expensive to give birth in Singapore. Baby care also expensive. Now I kind of broke le haiz. Hubby also haven't change to a better paying job. Pray hard he get a better paying & stable job by July.

maneo0302

Oh gosh, I realised its super expensive to give birth in Singapore. Baby care also expensive. Now I kind of broke le haiz. Hubby also haven't change to a better paying job. Pray hard he get a better paying & stable job by July.
Do they oso cover for H1N1 or hand foot mouth if your baby gets it? or if the mummy get H1N1 while expecting?

kaiserlt

Do they oso cover for H1N1 or hand foot mouth if your baby gets it? or if the mummy get H1N1 while expecting?
the plan only covers some specific conditions. dun see H1N1 and HFMD in the list. Once baby born healthy, it'll turn to a normal protection plan for the baby. You can buy other supplementary plans to add on tho but not sure what are available.

you can check the details here. http://www.prudential.com.sg/corporate_sg/misc/downloads/ebrochures/PRUfirst_gift_eBrochure.pdf

this is not a comprehensive plan only pays up to $2.5k/$5k depending on type of health conditions. but it's the only 1 out there, better than nothing.

was hoping to hear some Babyshield news in the budget last week but nothing happened. :D guess most prob will buy this for wife and baby.

maneo0302

the plan only covers some specific conditions. dun see H1N1 and HFMD in the list. Once baby born healthy, it'll turn to a normal protection plan for the baby. You can buy other supplementary plans to add on tho but not sure what are available.

you can check the details here. http://www.prudential.com.sg/corporate_sg/misc/downloads/ebrochures/PRUfirst_gift_eBrochure.pdf

this is not a comprehensive plan only pays up to $2.5k/$5k depending on type of health conditions. but it's the only 1 out there, better than nothing.

was hoping to hear some Babyshield news in the budget last week but nothing happened. :D guess most prob will buy this for wife and baby.
My hubby is not willing to buy. Probably I will buy it for myself and baby.

Shannyang

Dear all, I am new here. my EDD around 20th Sept or 25th Sept and most likely at Thomson... nice to see other rabbit mummies :)

Shannyang

Hi Shannyang! Welcome! How r you feeling now? How many weeks are you?
I'm probably giving birth at Mt. Alvenia or Eastshore.
Halo, well.. dun feel good at times.. feel like vomitting and nauseous offen. Super tire too..
I am 9weeks 4 days already..

mei2009

Hey Shannyang, we're very close! I'm nine weeks and 2 days! But I'm lucky to feel nothing more than tender boobies and fatigue.. Endure! Should feel better soon :)