22years old lost mom!

chocobell

Hello all.
I am 22years old and first time being a mommy.

A little lost specially when all i can consult is my mommy who last give birth 22years ago!

So hope all the mommies can guide me a little.
Especially when i am flooded with information of different hospital with different service and scheme.

Nice to meet you all anyway! ^^

Teresa Tan

I am 34 years old. Is my first child and i feel lost too.
So age doesnt really play the important role i think is the experience that count.
I am currently 13 weeks on my pregnancy. How abt you.
What type of knowledge you are looking for?

chocobell

Hi Teresa! ^^
Currently in my 23weeks already.

Previously was detailed scan and all sort of hospital scheme.
now, i am more concern what diaper to buy.. hahahs..
i think experience do count, but as times goes by, mother instinct works better!

And congrats on your 1st child! ^^

Teresa Tan

Thks. Do you suffer from mood swing during your pregnancy?
I have that and i dislike it alot but i doesnt know how to get out from the situation.
My hubby encourage me to find some mummies to be and share some thoughs and experience. He hope that will help me.

LyDeeAna

Im a first time mom age 22... just gave birth in Apr... now my son is 3mths old...
do feel free to ask any qns... maybe i.can help a little?...
congrats to both of u...
enjoy pregnancy while you can coz once ur baby is born, u will miss it...

chocobell

Teresa` hahah. i only have mood swing when i feel like eating something but i got no idea what i want to eat. specially your mouth will always have that tasteless feeling.. kinda of annoying. normally when i am upset or something, i will talk to my baby :) you can try that.. you will self motivate yourself and feel much better instantly!

LydeeAna, congrat to your babyboy! hahha. what diaper do you recommend for new born? :x intend to stock up during this coming motherfair! :x your baby sleeping cot or playpen? :x yeah, i feel that way for quite sometimes.

Teresa Tan

LydeeAna congrats! I am so happy for you. We still have a long way to go.

Chocobell can feel your excitment which is great. I really need to learn from you.
Ya these days eating food is never a fun thing for me. I have that bitter or acidic taste in my mouth most of the time as well.
Whatever i eat it just so tastless. I tried using baking soda with water to wash my mouth. It works but an hr later the bitter taste come back again.
You might want to give a try

Qookie

Hi moms! Most of you are so young! :) I'm 30 and my little girl is 1.

Diapers...well, i tink it'll have to depend on your baby. Mine has been in PetPet and Drypers. You can get many samples and let your baby try a couple of them before you buy a whole pack.

I have both a cot (IKEA) and a playpen (Graco). Baby sleeps in cot. Because the playpen isn't very comfortable (no mattress).

Yeah, it's great to chat with moms, so you can share your woes and joys :) Feel free to ask questions, moms here have been very helpful! ;)

chocobell

nonono, don't use baking soda! they say that poisonous or something. normally i will just buy some sweet that is super strong and eat slowly. guava sweet is quite strong! :x hahas.. but don't eat too much.. you are in first trimester, that why you think is long, wait till you reach 2nd, you will be busy getting ready the baby room becus you know once you reach 3rd trimester, you don't even want to move..

Teresa Tan

Serious! i read from internet saying is safe for pregennacy woman. OMG! My hubby is going to kill me if he know it.
I find it very funny. Most of the time others said there is no food restriction for pregnant woman but think carefully we do have a long list of foods which we must not eat or control.

Yup i just call up the ME to arrange a visit. Guess what the next available slot for weekend is almost 2 months away. Wah!
Which hospital will you be selecting? I dont have much choice cause i need to follow my gyne. She only practice at ME.

LyDeeAna

Diapers? depends on your baby...
initially i used pampers and it was too big for him. as my son was born small 2.4kg...
changed to huggies as huggies newborn was smaller den pampers brand...
as time goes by, now im using petpet...

my son used babycot but whenever i put him ther at night, he will cry so ended he sleep in between me & my husband...

chocobell

Yeah. that why i try baking stuff without baking soda! haha.. actually can eat, moderate, but they will say this not good for baby, that not good for baby, then subconsciously we will avoid it..

i going kkh private suite, so i have a fix gynae. hahah.. i got no time to plan my own delivery, i spend most of the time getting ready for my baby :x planned to start prenatal yoga SOON, attempt failed last week becus i ended up at Yum cha eating dim sum :x hahahs..

actually is really good to talk to mommies over here. they won't tell you negative stuff, becus they are all filled with joy and love :)

chocobell

my friends suggested to me to get playpen cos can use longer.. but cot looks cuter.. haiis.. we all have that dream babyroom which look so dreamy.. yet it is hard to bring it to life..

i have quite alot of samples for diaper, but i scare it will be too late if i only buy after baby is out.. and since got sales, might as well save more :x

Teresa Tan

I can see that you done a lot of home work already. That make me feel so guilty. I didnt really do much. Beside doing simple stretching everyday at home and counting down to my due date there is nothing much i am doing now. I think next month i really need to start prepare myself already.
Btw where did you go for your yoga class

chocobell

Haha. I do at true yoga. Can you believe when i am one month pregnant, i am still doing body combat? Hahah.
I am in mid 2nd trimester alrdy, you should enjoy first. Enjoy being about to eat and walk around without being tired. Once body aching, then you know is time to get ready before you can hardly move at ease.

Haha. I know! But i scare my baby cannot fit into newborn before i use up the diaper..

Qookie

You don't have to buy newborn size. You can get maybe 1 or 2 packs of newborn, and other packs of small size diapers. Babies grow very fast ;) You should try to get a range of diapers to see which fits your baby (and your pocket) the best!

LyDeeAna

during my 1st tri i teach kick-boxing n even went up a roller coaster...

What Qookie say is true... as for me i uses newborn all the way till he is 1.5-2mths..
my son was born 2.4kg only...

Cheri

Dear moms,

I'm a first time mom age 28 and my son is 5 months old.....very happy to spend time with you all.I think I can share my concern about my child with you.... :)

msck

Hey hey, here's my feel for diaper...
1) Goo.n is the best-no strong plastic smell, soft n can da han whole night of urine

2) mamy poko- not bad. But is replaced by goo.n

3) pampers- good absoption. But got plastic smell.

Dryers n huggies are no go for me. Both leaked... even after 2 hours. I usually change her diapers every 3 hours except at night.

Congrats on ur first born! Though I am 28, all my close peers haven't given birth too!! So I was really lost. I know wat u mean!