2nd Trimester - Safe to travel?

xinxin

Hi, I am planning for a short trip before the arrival of my little one :) not sure where to go and is it safe to take aeroplane? What should I look out for during my vacation? Pls advise on the necessary items to bring along my trip.

Cheers
XinXin :p

miorei

Hi Xinxin,

I'm in my 2nd trimester too and will be travelling to visit my hubby overseas. All you need to do is to check with your gynae on your condition and get him to give you a letter certifying you to be fit to travel. :)

It's best to travel during 2nd trimester when the pregnancy's more stable and the tummy's still not too big yet. HTHS. :D

Cheers!

xinxin

Hi Miorei

When is ur EDD? Yah, 2nd trimester is the best time to travel. Will give myself a good break before endless sleepless nights. haha. Was thinking to go Hong Kong. Somewhere near. Summer sale coming! :D

kcleong2

Xin Xin,
saw your qns. I travelled during my 2nd trim to Hokkaido. Just rem to bring the original doc letter plus make photocopy of it. The check-in counter might want a copy of it.

it depends whether u want to make known of your condition. I informed the check-in counter in Changi airport, and they tried hard to get me aisle seat so tat i could move in and out easily for loo visit.

Bring along a big jacket so cover tummy if u r uncomfortable with the stare. I got a lot of stares, questions and concern from my tourmates and passer-by.

enjoy.

kcleong2

Xin xin,

thanks, ya a ger, she is 6mth old. :001_302: my a 2007 mummy but ger born in Jan 07.

where u going for your trip?

xinxin

Hi Kcleong2..me going to Hong Kong...alot of good food there and shopping..haha going to enjoy myself before bb arrives!! :Dancing_wub:

LoVeS

I tink it best to check wif ur gynae n aso normally if u dun haf major prob during ur pregnancy, b4 8mths can go holiday not an issue.

CynCyn

Check with yr gynae .
For what I know if yr nearing too yr delivery date more then 8 months or 9 months they won't let you fly .

nehsarang

Yes, it is safe to travel in 2nd trimester, but the airline company you are with may want a doctor's certificate of fitness to travel - so maybe ask your gynae to write one for you?

naze

Hi all,

If go holiday, cant rest much but walk & walk. Is it true that when we are pregnant, rest as much as possible. Dont move around too much ?

I also planning to go holiday, but got the the above thoughts, stop me from going.

hi everyone,

My hubby and I will be bringing our daughter(2 years 4 months) to Hk in Dec, before our second child arrive, i am 16 weeks preg. Get a letter from Gynae insist the airlines need it and if you let the airline know early they will give you a better seat.

I was about 22 weeks preg with my first child when i went sydney with my hubby, i walked alot. And even in Singapore i also walked and swim always 3-4 times a week. i think exercise in moderation is always good. but if you haven't exercise in a while, it is best to start slow.

Now i am preg with second child, no time to exercise but chasing after my daughter is consider exercise for now! hahaha...

naze

Hi Smurferoos,

Wah you are active. I exercised alot before pregnancy but now i cut off totally. Scared exert myself. How do we know if we have exerted ourself ? Not to the extend of feeling shacked of course.

JenLee98

Hi Naze, walking and swimming should be ok.... go slow and easy ....as long as not to the extent of being breathless and sweating alot.

I used to swim/ walk/ climb stairs / do squatting exercise etc. when preggy, makes delivery easier too.

Pwiincess

Hi Naze, walking and swimming should be ok.... go slow and easy ....as long as not to the extent of being breathless and sweating alot.

I used to swim/ walk/ climb stairs / do squatting exercise etc. when preggy, makes delivery easier too.
i climb alot of stairs too. I heard it helps with your delivery.

jtay72

i took a 20+ hrs flight when i was in my wk16, i feel that as long as the doc gives the OK sign, it should be fine.

fennie77

Hi there,

I just came back from a 4 days 3 night trip to bangkok, and i will be 4 months this sunday 30th Dec 07, everything was ok for me, maybe bcos I dont have much nausea for my pregnancy, mayb you should check with your gynae on that, as I dont know how well are you in your pregnancy.

Fennie

Hi, I am planning for a short trip before the arrival of my little one :) not sure where to go and is it safe to take aeroplane? What should I look out for during my vacation? Pls advise on the necessary items to bring along my trip.

Cheers
XinXin :p

naze

Wah so many active Mommies. Me normal loh. Now want to go for short trip, scare might affect baby esp the food & the tireness....thinking of going BKK.

Mrs Xie

For 2nd Trimester is the safest period to travel during pregnancy. This is what I read from most books and magazines and some info from friends and doctors. But of course, depends on one's individual condition.