3.5mth @ 6kg consider big?

kathteu

Hi everyone,
Does anyone know where to find Asian baby growth chart? My baby girl is just 3months ++ but she weighs 6KG. Though I don't find her big, people had been telling me she's big for her age. I'm worried that if this goes on she'll be overweight. Any advise?

Thanks

apollo

Hi everyone,
Does anyone know where to find Asian baby growth chart? My baby girl is just 3months ++ but she weighs 6KG. Though I dont't find her big, people had been telling me she's big for her age. I'm worried that if this goes on she'll be overweight. Any advise?

Thanks
not at all. ds was 6kg+ when he was 2mth old.. and when he was 3mth+, he alrdy hit 7+kg.. hehe..:001_302:

stephaniesimgl

My son was 7.1kg at 2mths. His pediatrician and all the nurses said he is very big for his age (coz his weight almost doubled from his birthweight of 3.655kg). Her first question was 'How is he fed - formula or breastfeeding?' When she knew it was total breastfeeding, she said 'then it's ok'... So I suppose it matters how and what you are feeding your daughter? Perhaps the doctor was concerned about 'overfeeding', I assume...

Hi everyone,
Does anyone know where to find Asian baby growth chart? My baby girl is just 3months ++ but she weighs 6KG. Though I dont't find her big, people had been telling me she's big for her age. I'm worried that if this goes on she'll be overweight. Any advise?

Thanks

Last edited:

TeenyWeeny

Mine just turn 5mth and she is 9.7kg, her birth weight is 3.205kg. On total breastfeeding too and doc say it's ok if she is breastfeed cause breastfeed baby tend to be bigger.:shyxxx:

sunburst

Baby being big/heavy or not should not matter as long as they are within the healthy percentile, which can be found in the health booklet. More importantly is that they are growing and developing well. :)

My boy was 6.7kg during his 2mths checkup... PD says it's normal even though on the higher percentile. Only thing that I'm concern is that my arms will ache!!!

apollo

Baby being big/heavy or not should not matter as long as they are within the healthy percentile, which can be found in the health booklet. More importantly is that they are growing and developing well. :)

My boy was 6.7kg during his 2mths checkup... pediatrician says it's normal even though on the higher percentile. Only thing that I'm concern is that my arms will ache!!!
i can feel u!!!!!!!!!! my arms has been aching since ds young till now.. cos his weight has been on the higher percentile. :tlaugh: