3 big meals or 6 small meals daily?

karoru

do you mummies eat 3 big meals or 6 small meals daily? if 6 small meals daily, what do you all eat? need to get some ideas... coz my eating habits and hours currently are not very "healthy"...

i don't really eat 6 meals a day but certainly not eating my 'normal' 3 meals cos i still having slight nausea and ever since i experienced morning sickness i've been eating a little(2-3 tablespoon size) at a time.
here's what i usually eat:

8pm: 2pcs plain biscuit
11am: chicken porridge/toasted bread with tuna/instant cereal
2pm: rice with vege and meat/noodles/bee hoon
4pm: ginseng tea with 2pcs plain biscuit
7pm: same as 2pm
10pm(before bed): ginger tea with 2pcs plain biscuit

shiseru

I eat whenever I feel hungry and I snack too :D

Before breakfast - Fruits
Breakfast - Fried meehoon/mee/roti prata/chee cheong fan with coffee
Before lunch - Fruits/milk
Lunch - Usually craves for hot and spicy/fried stuffs like curry, char tao kwey, etc (loathe soupy stuff)
Tea break - biscuits or oat with milk/soy bean, many times I will snack on nuts/chips :p
Dinner - not much appetite, usually light dinner
Before sleep - milo or none (depends what i had for dinner)

Hehe, looks like my intake for small meals tends to be healthier than my regular meals. :blaugh:

Last edited:

cocraze

For me, I felt that I was eating more frquently when I was still working last month. Now that Im not working, feel as though Im not hungry so often.

Currently,
upon waking up: breakfast cereal and milk.
11am: early lunch. prefer spicy, salty food (laksa, mee siam, prata, chicken rice) rather than soupy stuff or porridge.
3pm: tea time either biscuits or donuts or bread buns.
5-6pm: early dinner cos hungry by then. but much smaller dinner than usual. half bowl of rice with veg, meat, soup if Im at my Mum's. followed by fruits.
8-9pm: munch on biscuits or an orang/apple/banana if Im hungry again.

I also feel that Im not eating healthy cos of the more salty and picy food that Im taking.normally seasoned food (less salt, sugar, vinegar) doesnt appeal to me nowadays... :p

shiseru

prefer spicy, salty food (laksa, mee siam, prata, chicken rice) rather than soupy stuff or porridge. :p
Yep yep, these food yummy to me although I dont't really like if it's too salty though. I also more of a meat eater nowadays, i used to like veggie before pregnant. Wonder if baby gender got to do with this or not. :D

yakii

Yep yep, these food yummy to me although I dont't really like if it's too salty though. I also more of a meat eater nowadays, i used to like veggie before pregnant. Wonder if baby gender got to do with this or not. :D
When i have my DS i love to have meat too..now i having a gal i like veg more and from spicy, sour food now in term 2 more soupy and light stuff.

shiseru

When i have my dear son i love to have meat too..now i having a gal i like veg more and from spicy, sour food now in term 2 more soupy and light stuff.
Really?! Haha, I so looking forward to this week scan :D

Do you ladies crave for fruits! Geez I really love them!

yakii

Really?! Haha, I so looking forward to this week scan :D

Do you ladies crave for fruits! Geez I really love them!
yes i love fruits...especially cold cold one just out from the fridge..ha haa..now actually craving for watermelon...but don't issit cos is a gal i love sweet stuff..the last preggy was not like tat

hmm, based on what my family told me and my own experience, you might be having baby boy cos i'm almost like vegetarian before and now all i eat is pork/beef/chicken and i hate almost all leafy veggie and fruits.. hope you find out the gender soon :001_302:

karoru

oh no, i m totally opp... i m expecting a boy but hate meat... even if i see meat, will want to vomit oready.... but i love fruits and sweetness... i also heard from my sister-in-law that expecting boy should love meats...argh!!!

mummypooh

hmm, based on what my family told me and my own experience, you might be having baby boy cos i'm almost like vegetarian before and now all i eat is pork/beef/chicken and i hate almost all leafy veggie and fruits.. hope you find out the gender soon :001_302:
HI Honeylicious,

Is that true? Coz Im a veg & fruits person but after im pregnant i tends to crave for more meat & dislike veg coz found it bitter when eaten. But for the sake of nutritional value, gota to force myself to eat a bit of veg and tis also helps to prevent constipation.

However, the gender of my bebe is still unknown, gota to wait till the 20 wks detailed scan.

eileenpxp

oh no, i m totally opp... i m expecting a boy but hate meat... even if i see meat, will want to vomit oready.... but i love fruits and sweetness... i also heard from my sister-in-law that expecting boy should love meats...argh!!!
Let me share :) Gal Vs Boy:err:

hmm..my first 1-baby gal, second 1 coming- baby boy.

For both: no morning sickness, but rather indigestion during evening time..kept burping...after 1st trimester: i like fried/ spicy/ sour food/ anything strong flavoured/ peppery...
i prefer meat during these 2 pregnancies.....

for baby boy: I have a tendency to look for sweet stuff, so eating lots of fruits/ felt easily hungry for the first 4 months (i been eating 3 meals a day, as i m busy with work--very diff to find small snacks)

i find old wives tales true only to a certain extent...you tend to eat sweet stuff when expecting boy..as your taste buds become somehow very blend :(

shiseru

for baby boy: I have a tendency to look for sweet stuff, so eating lots of fruits/ felt easily hungry for the first 4 months (i been eating 3 meals a day, as i m busy with work--very diff to find small snacks)

:(
People usually said if expecting baby gal usually crave for sweet stuffs, looks like you were the opposite :blaugh: