3 month old baby refuse to drink milk!!!

cui_er

Hi mummies,

my daughter has been refusing to drink milk for the past week... last time used to drink about 90-120ml every 3-4hrs, which isn't a lot either. But now she drinks like 10-20ml every 4-5hours!!! Isn't that really toooo little? She doesn't seem to be hungry though but i'm getting really really worried.

What can I do to make her get her appetite back?? If give her water she'll drink but i think i read somewhere that better not to give too much water. Haiz, dunno what to do... :(

Feliz

Hi mummies,

my daughter has been refusing to drink milk for the past week... last time used to drink about 90-120ml every 3-4hrs, which isn't a lot either. But now she drinks like 10-20ml every 4-5hours!!! Isn't that really toooo little? She doesn't seem to be hungry though but i'm getting really really worried.

What can I do to make her get her appetite back?? If give her water she'll drink but i think i read somewhere that better not to give too much water. sigh, dont know what to do... :(
cui_er, i hav e same problem as u..:eek: edlycia use to drink 4oz or sometimes 3 1/2oz but now she only drink 10-20ML which lasted 2-3hrs..

When she's hungry, she would cry like mad den i gave her she wouldnt want to finish it.. den i will put e bottle in hot water to keep warm, aft an hr or so i try giving her agn.. sometimes she would drink but sometimes she wouldnt want.. :001_07:

jasobias

do the babies still have at least 5-6 wet diapers a day?gaining weight?
i wld be very worried if a 3 month old baby drinks tht little esp just 20ml can last 5 hrs!!!
I think u have to bring baby to dr for a check up to rule out any other illness.

sufeit0115

Currently Kaeden at 3 months old also sometimes behave like this...he can go on milk strike for 5-6 hours, drinking only 10ml then would stop & cry when we force him to drink more...so no choice we give up....try to feed him again after 2-3 hours, he would finish 150ml all at one go. So we are thinking maybe he is not hungry, sometimes he will stretch his milk intake from 4 hours to 7 hours. He drinks from 120-140ml every 4 hours.

Besides refusing to drink milk, did your baby cry alot? Wet diaper is a good indicator of whether she is feeding well and in overall good health. If you are really worried, better bring her to see PD.

Feliz

Currently Kaeden at 3 months old also sometimes behave like this...he can go on milk strike for 5-6 hours, drinking only 10ml then would stop & cry when we force him to drink more...so no choice we give up....try to feed him again after 2-3 hours, he would finish 150ml all at one go. So we are thinking maybe he is not hungry, sometimes he will stretch his milk intake from 4 hours to 7 hours. He drinks from 120-140ml every 4 hours.

Besides refusing to drink milk, did your baby cry alot? Wet diaper is a good indicator of whether she is feeding well and in overall good health. If you are really worried, better bring her to see pediatrician.
I change edlycia diaper aft every feed, sometimes wil stretch up to 2 feeds den change.. depend on hw wet her diaper also.. She's wetting her diaper still but i wonder if she don drink den wher she got e pee frm? :001_302:

Edlycia doesnt cry tht much now compare to few weeks back.. Now she wil cry only when hungry, want to slp or wan to b carried.. that all..

chewy

Hi mummies,

What can I do to make her get her appetite back?? If give her water she'll drink but i think i read somewhere that better not to give too much water. sigh, dont know what to do... :(

my gal also start behaving like that... did u find out what is the problem in the end? thinking of bringing her to KKH on MOnday!

Hi mummies,

hi cui-er,

how's your daughter's appetite?? seen a PD already? think he / she may prescribe some multi-vit syrup for her...

cui_er

Hihi, thanks for concern. My daughter's much better already these few days. I changed bottle & teat and dunno is it due to that she's drinking almost back to normal already. So relieved. Although she still isn't drinking like 150-180ml every 4-5hrs as stated for her age on milk tins, at least she's totalling about 600+ml. Now thinking of way to make her drink more to last longer.

Anyway, talk abt multi-vitamin syrup, i did buy her Appeton one but she doesn't seem to take to it well. The few times i gave her, she threw up a while after taking and her poo started to get super sticky. My mum forbid me to give her liao.. hehe

hi cui-er,

how's your daughter's appetite?? seen a pediatrician already? think he / she may prescribe some multi-vit syrup for her...

izanyzam

Hihi, thanks for concern. My daughter's much better already these few days. I changed bottle & teat and dont know is it due to that she's drinking almost back to normal already. So relieved. Although she still isn't drinking like 150-180ml every 4-5hrs as stated for her age on milk tins, at least she's totalling about 600+ml. Now thinking of way to make her drink more to last longer.

Anyway, talk about multi-vitamin syrup, i did buy her Appeton one but she doesn't seem to take to it well. The few times i gave her, she threw up a while after taking and her poo started to get super sticky. My mum forbid me to give her .. hehe
Hmm...I might try to change his bottle teats...Thanks for the advice..!!! :001_302:

cocraze

Hi all,
what's the longest duration your baby went without milk during the day during the recent 'milk strike'?

Concerned cos my girl (11 weeks now)doing that the past 4 days, refuse to drink milk. Sometimes if I persist and after making sure I've gotten rid of most of the wind in her stomach(rub ruyi oil), then she starts to drink after half hour of fussing with her milk bottle. So I ruled out problems with the teat and bottle. She is currently still taking water and milk with NUK or Avent bottles.

Then she would be very tired out after the fussing session (or feeding session if she does drink some) and then go to sleep for like 4-5 hours at one stretch. Not sure whether the recent cold weather got to do with it. So I let her sleep instead of waking her up for her 4 hourly feed. She used to take 150 formula milk every 4 hours, now sometimes take as little as 50ml or none at all.

Worrying...cos obviously she's not peeing much either. though her pooing pattern did change a bit. used to poo on 'schedule', once every two days. Last week sometimes poo every day, but amount become less and more greenish...

might try to take her to see paed later cos I noticed more whitish lumps appearing on the front of her gums. I noticed them about 2 weeks back but she was drinking and sleeping well and didnt seem to cause her any pain, so I left them as it was.