3-year-old suddenly is a slow eater

ayrineta

Hi mummies, My 3-year-old daughter was on food strike when she was 18 months old. Then when she started prenursery, she became a very good eater even though she only took everything minced and very fine, smooth texture rice. But now about 3,5 years old, she becomes a very slow eater. From 15 minutes session to 1,5 hours now! Any mummy experience something similar to this?

Joco

I have the same problem too. My 3 yr old boy is a very good eater since 4 mths. He will take anything that we feed him. And he will usually finish all his meals. But ever since he starts childcare, he refuse to sit and eat. And because he has been falling sick too regularly, we pull him out from childcare. Now he is worst. He throws tantrum and make a big fuss during meal time. He needs to be entertained with iPhone, else he will not be seated while eating. I hate to give him the iPhone. But wonder what else can i do to keep him interested.

ayrineta

Update on my toddler; she is now eating well (again). It's quite strange since I don't really do much unless lettting her to decide the amount she eats and keeps on distracting her with plays. Probably it's a phase too. Hope it helps.