4 month old baby cough with a lot of phlegm

Samanthie

Hi all mummies,
Help!! my son started coughing since 3 Apr 2014. went doc chan kit yee at mt A and started to take medicine for a week but no improvement so stop the medicine for a week and seems better, less cough but still got phlegm.
On third week suddenly cough very serious so went doc Kho poh kian at Mt A, started to use nebulizer on him and now is the 7th day on nebulizer already, even the cough is better but the phlegm did not reduce at all. can hear the wheezing sound on and off... almost a month of coughing alr. HELP!!!
what else i can do to help him? any pd to recommend who is good in treating infant cough and phlegm?
Thanks in adv!

Hi Mummy Samanthie,

I gave my daughter jing feng san (which contains pearl powder) to clear off her phelgm and mucus when she was always coughing and choking due to that.
You can read up at my blog and-so-mummy-says.blogspot.sg on Jing feng san. It did work for my daughter!! No harm trying but as mentioned in my blog, I didnt follow the full dosage indicated on the bottle as I was worried about over dose.

My mum also brought her to a TCM physician for tui na - Yu Guo 育国中医诊疗所/YU GUO Chinese Physician

Hope your son will recover soon!!

With Love,
Mummy Pris
mummypris13@gmail.com
and-so-mummy-says.blogspot.sg

SuperMom Bazaar will be coming on 22ndto 24th August at Suntec City!

elsieyl

Hi Samanthie,
Try natural healing for your child. Young Living has therapeutic and concentrated plant extracts essential oils to help your child. I would recommend you to try RC blend which gives relief from colds & flu, cough and respiratory congestion. Idaho Blue Spruce or Eucalptus Blue is very good for phlegm. Log in to Essential Oil Sg - Therapeutic Essential Oils Singapore, Effective Remedies for Bronchitis, Pneumonia, Hair Loss, Eczema, Flu, Fever, UTI, HFMD, Sinus, Weight Loss to find out more and email them for any questions you have.

Samanthie

Hi Mummy Samanthie,

I gave my daughter jing feng san (which contains pearl powder) to clear off her phelgm and mucus when she was always coughing and choking due to that.
You can read up at my blog and-so-mummy-says.blogspot.sg on Jing feng san. It did work for my daughter!! No harm trying but as mentioned in my blog, I didnt follow the full dosage indicated on the bottle as I was worried about over dose.

My mum also brought her to a traditional chinese medicine physician for tui na - Yu Guo 育国ä¸*医诊疗所/YU GUO Chinese Physician

Hope your son will recover soon!!

With Love,
Mummy Pris
mummypris13@gmail.com
and-so-mummy-says.blogspot.sg

SuperMom Bazaar will be coming on 22ndto 24th August at Suntec City!
Thanks! Too bad my son is G6PD so he cant take chinese medicine contains pearl powder. any other chinese medicine with the same effect but no pearl powder? Noted on the tuina. Thanks!!

Samanthie

Hi Samanthie,
Try natural healing for your child. Young Living has therapeutic and concentrated plant extracts essential oils to help your child. I would recommend you to try RC blend which gives relief from colds & flu, cough and respiratory congestion. Idaho Blue Spruce or Eucalptus Blue is very good for phlegm. Log in to Essential Oil Sg - Therapeutic Essential Oils Singapore, Effective Remedies for Bronchitis, Pneumonia, Hair Loss, Eczema, Flu, Fever, UTI, HFMD, Sinus, Weight Loss to find out more and email them for any questions you have.

4 months baby also ok to use essential oil?

Thanks! Too bad my son is G6PD so he cant take chinese medicine contains pearl powder. any other chinese medicine with the same effect but no pearl powder? Noted on the tuina. Thanks!!
Oh! Thank goodness you are aware of your son's situation that he cannot take pearl powder. Hmm actually being less than 6mths, usually doctors also dont want to prescribe medication. When my girl was ill, I didnt take her to PD, normally just my fave GP (EJ clinic at Toa Payoh Lor 1).

Anyway highly recommend for the tui na because my girl condition did improve and I used to go there too when I was young. For my girl, physician also gave medicine bag which is used to tie to her chest / tummy area to help with the phlegm issue.

1. Do not let your son sleep in air con, if really have to, do put on humidifier to keep the moisture. The cold air and dryness normally worsen the coughs.
2. Observe and see if the cough is related to nose? Sometimes its actually backflow from the nose mucus that cause the cough so have to settle the nose issue and cough will naturally go away.

You need to rest well and take care too! I am sure you are tired out too! Whenever my girl coughs, I have to be extra alert for her choking and always end up vomiting due to the choke. After she gets well, I fall ill.

elsieyl

Hi Samanthie,

Babies above 3 months of age can use essential oils but must mixed it with a carrier oil. U can buy Young Living V-6 oil or just use an organic olive oil. Those experienced Young Living members use essential oils for massage after 5 months pregnancy and they deliver "Happy & Healthy" babies cause mummy is haapy after massage so is their baby. Suggest you buy a cold air diffuser to diffuse thieves oil to clear the air-borne bacteria and viruses. Diffusing is alright even for new born babies.

CharChia

my girl used to have this problem. a tcm lady helped to clear her phlegm through massage when i was there doing massage... the shop is at roxy square... but cant remember shop name... shop is near a furniture shop... her name is ivy, she does pre and post natal massage too...

Samanthie

Oh! Thank goodness you are aware of your son's situation that he cannot take pearl powder. Hmm actually being less than 6mths, usually doctors also dont want to prescribe medication. When my girl was ill, I didnt take her to pediatrician, normally just my fave GP (EJ clinic at Toa Payoh 1).

Anyway highly recommend for the tui na because my girl condition did improve and I used to go there too when I was young. For my girl, physician also gave medicine bag which is used to tie to her chest / tummy area to help with the phlegm issue.

1. Do not let your son sleep in air con, if really have to, do put on humidifier to keep the moisture. The cold air and dryness normally worsen the coughs.
2. Observe and see if the cough is related to nose? Sometimes its actually backflow from the nose mucus that cause the cough so have to settle the nose issue and cough will naturally go away.

You need to rest well and take care too! I am sure you are tired out too! Whenever my girl coughs, I have to be extra alert for her choking and always end up vomiting due to the choke. After she gets well, I fall ill.
Thanks all foe ur suggestion. I brought him to tuina today. After that he kept coughing and coughed out a big lump of phelgm. Mummy pris. U said ur girl improve aftee tuina. Meaning she not totally recover? Aftee 3 days tuina how long more u went to see the progress? Thanks

Sorry missed out on yr reply!
Is yr son better now??

My girl went for like only 2 times during a wkend.. was better as she slept better but the overll relly got better after i gave jing feng san which work miraculously!! But yr boy cant take..
Whichever the case..good to see chinese physician when cough drags as prolonged cough is bad for lungs.

Samanthie

Sorry missed out on yr reply!
Is yr son better now??

My girl went for like only 2 times during a wkend.. was better as she slept better but the overll relly got better after i gave jing feng san which work miraculously!! But yr boy cant take..
Whichever the case..good to see chinese physician when cough drags as prolonged cough is bad for lungs.
My boy recovered alr after we brought him straight for one whole week. I would really recommend tuina to all mummy out there. As he has been coughing with phlegm for so long and now he recovered finally.

My boy recovered alr after we brought him straight for one whole week. I would really recommend tuina to all mummy out there. As he has been coughing with phlegm for so long and now he recovered finally.
So happy to know that yr boy has recovered!!
Can share yr sinseh's details so we can keep record and standby ;)

Samanthie

So happy to know that yr boy has recovered!!
Can share yr sinseh's details so we can keep record and standby ;)
Sure! Yu guo chinese physician. 育国。8b, jalan madjid #01-04 Kingston terrace 418929
Tel 6447 4761 near kembangan mrt. No appointment allow.
Operating hour.
Mon to fri (wed close) 9am to 1230pm 2pm to 5p. 630pm to 830pm
Sat 9am to 1230pm 2pm to 5pm
Sun 9am to 1230pm
But be prepare to wait long during weekend. Super long queue. P/s: baby got priority

Sure! Yu guo chinese physician. 育国。8b, jalan madjid #01-04 Kingston terrace 418929
Tel 6447 4761 near kembangan mrt. No appointment allow.
Operating hour.
Mon to fri (wed close) 9am to 1230pm 2pm to 5p. 630pm to 830pm
Sat 9am to 1230pm 2pm to 5pm
Sun 9am to 1230pm
But be prepare to wait long during weekend. Super long queue. P/s: baby got priority
Ohh same as the one my girl goes to!
I guess this place is really good and famous.. my mum always go there early to take the number. And doing tuina beats taking medication which we dunno what kind of side effects there will be..
My mum says when i was young.. she brought me dere too! Omg.. haha