4 year old daughter still in diapers- When was your girl potty trained?

PennyChung1986

My 4 year old daughter is still in diapers. We have tried everything and nothing seems to have worked. Sticker charts, bribes, and all sort of incentives have not worked. She still pee's and poops in her diaper and will do anything not to sit on the potty. We are starting to feel like the only parents that have a diapered kid at this age.

So my question is: Did you have trouble potty training your daughter? At what age was she out of diapers and what was your story?

Thank you!- Penny.

Asphere

i am having same prob with my boy too. he turning 3 next mth but he still wear diapers.. he will tell us he poo and pee after he finish those actions!! i am also trying to find ways to make him go toilet... sigh~ i heard from some parents is that they let the kid to sit on potty and watch tv . some is set certain timing and make the kid sit on potty. u may wanna try.

lynnliew

My son is 2.5yrs old & i'm training him to poo & pee on his own. I just told him that there is no more diaper now. Hes a big boy & now he wears underwear instead(buy cute cartoons that he likes). I created a rythme for him in chinese 'xiao bian yao qu ma tong, bu yao xiao zai ku zi li' (if pee need to go potty, dun pee in pants) & sing to him in a interesting way & repeat this to him many times throughtout the day. Now he can sing this sentence & will auto go potty or inform me asap when he needs to pee or poo. This method works for me - it takes only around 1.5 weeks to toilet-train him. Of cos once a while he will still pee in his pants but i tell him its ok, just remember to go potty or tell mummy next time. I will make him pee/poo before noon nap & after so that he doestnt pee in bed. Only let him wear diaper to sleep @ nite as hes just toilet-trained. 1 mth later i will try to go diaperless @nite & make him wakeup to pee. Since hes attending playgroup 2hrs in the morning, i have informed the teacher to help me bring him to toilet to reinforce him that idea. Just go diaperless during the day, after few times urine in his pants, he will feel uncomfortable & learn to inform or go potty. Maybe your girl is over-reliant on diaper- just stop using diaper on her & let her get used to it slowly. Hope it helps

shiyi

i let her go diaperless in the day..and inform the teacher to bring her to toilet...
at night will let her wear diapers.

then slowly educate her not to wear diapers to slp...
Initially she will pee all over the place... it takes time..

Xelle

I tried twice. Once when she was about two and after a few days we realised she was just not ready for it and another time about half year later. Second time also didn't suceed when we forced her... but one fine day she told us that she wanted to go toilet to pee pee. Then after that, it was not a problem for us. First 3 days in diapers, but usually pee in toilet.. then we went diaperless in the day. After a month, diaperless at night when we realised her diapers are usually dry when she wakes in morning.

I think going to school and observing kids who use the toilet helps. But the child must be ready for this change too.