4 year old refusing school

dinida

hi mommies out there, anyone has or had problems with their 4 years old who refuse to go nursery classes...claiming stmach pain, sleepiness etc? i am having this experience with my daughter now..

vivitan

Hello mummy,
Maybe you should try talk to your girl and find out if anything happened in school.
Simple things like 1) friends laughed at her 2) incidents with friends or 3) child being 'said' by teacher due to some things child has done.

These are my personal experiences with my girls...
Last year my 3 year old doesn't want to go to her play school and keep crying...
After I asked her, she said 'teacher scolded her' so I had called the teacher and have a better understanding of what happened.
It was an incident of some 'snatch toys' and teacher just say my girl and did not scold her..
After knowing what happened, I explained to my girl and told her that it's wrong to snatch etc...while she said it was the other child who snatched from her and teacher 'scolded her' instead (my girl)..
So I told her that next time if similar thing happen, let the child have it while she can go inform the teacher..

It should be something that has happened in your child's school.
Hope you can find out what's wrong and hope she goes back to school soon :)

dinida

Hi mummy vivitan,

i tried to ask her casually why she didnt want to go to school, she just said coz she had stomach pain, which she did a few weeks back. but now that we know she is feeling better just that it seems that she is using it as an excuse not to go to school. her teacher even said that she had no problem at school and she is mingling with others very well. even my mother said that when she came out after school she was happy and laughing. so it really makes me wonder. these few days she went to school with a heavy heart and keep complaining to my mom, but my mom was quite firm and thankfully she is going to school for a few days now. oh well, we see how it goes...

thank you for your reply :)

vivitan

Hihi..

Good to hear that she's heading back to school..
Just continue to observe her and see how things go..

If she is enjoying school like feedbacks from teacher and your mum, then there shouldn't be any major problem (my guess only)
Could be she just naughty or lazy to go to school and used her 'not feeling' well to see if she can get her way with you.

These days kids are so smart and many a times, they try to outsmart the parents :(