4 yr old son keeps complaining of stomach ach for 2 weeks

belindang

my 4 yr old son keeps complaining of stomach ach for 2 weeks. brought him to doc, gave medicine liao still complian..

help!! any mummy got advise?

kay22

hi hi, which part of stomach did he complain? Lower or upper abdomen? Sometimes, it can be due to milk intolerance. Did he complain after he drink milk? Or it could also be due to constipation... If pain persist, suggest to bring him back to doctor for further check.

DodoTan

Did anything new happen/was introduced to your boy recently? Maybe he started attending a new class or you started a new childcare arrangement? Believe it or not, stomachache can simply be a sign of stress. Stress as in something new that the child is finding hard to adjust to. Believe it or not, my sister used to suffer from stomachaches on and off for years before we discovered that it was caused by stress.

wenz

my son experience stomch pain at the age of 5 and he was complaining on and off for 1-2weeks too... nothing seems to help, even GP also dunno wats happening to him...

i got so worried one afternoon after he keep crying and rolling on the floor tat i decided to bring him to NUH A&E, on our way there he's still crying and lying on the back seat with my mum... den after awhile he fall aslp..

when i reach NUH doing registration for him he said he wanted to go toilet so my mum bring him in, den he pass out a very long motion, abt 20cm long... and he was ok with no pain... can run and jump somemore... so i bring him back w/o seeing doc and he was ok since den...

a 20cm motion takes 2 weeks to come out!! my poor boy...

veronica

My 3yr old boy also started to complain stomache recently. Sometimes can complain continuous for few days.

The teacher asked me how come and anything special happened at home. She suspects that my boy tries to catch special attention.

We think its probably due to the fact that he knows I am pregnant (he has been complaining since I was preggy) and he wants attention ba.

Cos everytime he asked to put on the ruyi oil, he can smile and make funny noises...so we conclude he is just being playful. But of course we will keep on monitoring lor..