5 months old baby cough, wheeze on and off for almost 2 months aldy!!

M2M

Hi mums!!

My baby is 5 months and 10days. He has been coughing since he was 3 months (on and off). He also has a lot of phlegm and sometimes makes a wheezing sound when he breaths out.

I have taken him to see Dr Ngiam (Glen Hosp), and doc said, these symptoms won't go away so fast and do not need any treatment (and even called ds, a happy wheezer) unless it starts to disturb the baby sleeps or milk intake (which it finally did!). Doc put my ds on nebulizer (pulmicort and berodual) 4 times a day for 4 days and reduced to 2 times a day for another week. It worked magic, ds was well after that. But now he gets the cough again..only after few days off the nebulizer. huh...i am scared that putting him to nebulizer for long time will have side effect eventhough doctor asked me to do so whenever ds starts to cough.

I have brought ds to to see the doc Ngiam for so many times to the point that the doc might think I am a psycho :p but I am just lost...

I am just worried to hear my baby cough all the time, worried that it can damage the lung in longer time...any mum experience the same???

Btw, my ds was also born with a small VSD (4mm) and taken care by Dr William Yip from Glen Hosp. But doc said ds VSD is not a big issue.

Please share....

M2M

No I don't. He just stay at home with my MIL and a nanny. Nanny is also in a good health condition. I have been to Dr. Ngiam for many times and he keeps on telling me that my baby has a sensitive airways which can easily cause coughing. It will be on and off until baby reaches 5 years old. And now what I can do is to put him on nebulizer (with Pulmicort and Berodual) evertymie he gets disturbed by the cough. I am so stressed to always put him on medication but seemed like I have no other choice. sighhh....

cel.lea

sighed my 7mth bb has been coughing with phelgm for almost 2mths, regardless of how many medication he's been on & how many pd he's seen which include chinese doctors, the phelgm has never went away! ithink im gg to bring him to another chinese doc located near kembangan mrt 2moro.