5 Tips to Enrich Your Child’s June Holiday!

School Plus

13392303_250644681964929_5964930352913294677_o.jpg

This is a guest post by Mr Alex Devadass, a former vice-principal in MOE Schools.

Max (not his real name) wrote: I woke up, had breakfast, watched television, played computer games, revised my work, watched television, showered and then had dinner when my parents came home. This happened every day of my June holidays. The usual things happening. I missed school and my friends.

After every holiday period, I would always ask my students what they did and whether they enjoyed the holidays. Sometimes I would get them to reflect and write a piece of journal entry on their holidays and their experiences. Each time, I would get a range of replies and reflections...

Continue Reading

School Plus

moeteacher.jpg
Being a tuition teacher is rather different from being a school teacher. They have access to different resources, work in different classroom environments and possess differing sets of duties.

In order to develop a better understanding of the differences between school teachers and tuition teachers, we asked a number of our tuition teachers who had experience teaching in a school to share their experiences and to share the main differences they found between teaching in a school and teaching as a tutor.

Here are the four key differences between teaching in a school and teaching privately, revealed to us by our tutors in a series of interviews.

Read More