6 day old son admitted due to high jaundice level 26

hotmilktea

If her poo poo is hard then she cry coz is making her pain or uncomfy.
If poo poo soft and mushy, I think she just hates to poo and scare of dirty.
Jaundice wun clear so fast, my baby also jaundice still not yet gone. And lately no sun some more.
When is ur nx checkup?

she did pee a lot. poo poo everyday. but I think she afraid to poo poo,almost everyday she poo, she will cried.
is this consider constipate?
why her jaundice need so long to clear? I quite worry.
any mummies face it before?

If her poo poo is hard then she cry coz is making her pain or uncomfy.
If poo poo soft and mushy, I think she just hates to poo and scare of dirty.
Jaundice wun clear so fast, my baby also jaundice still not yet gone. And lately no sun some more.
When is ur nx checkup?
today just went to checkup. need to follow up on next sat.
I dislike polyclinic, they want us follow up till jaundice below 100. today reading is 112. last sat is 139.
really hope the jaundice gone, then I can feed her with my breast milk.

lyra

Jaundice won't clear so fast, esp for total breastfeed baby. My baby still looks yellowish but his liver functioning test is ok so doc said to monitor poo n pee only, no need suntan as it'll go down by itself. Now he's nearly 1 mth le, still a bit yellow sigh but no choice, just have to wait for his liver to mature n gets rid of the bilirubin itself.

If u want to breastfeed baby n he has jaundice, cannot take ginger in ur diet. Baby on infant formula has not so watery poo while breastfed babies' poo is more watery, like paste like that. I think if u feed infant forumka, u need to give bb water to hydrate ESP if u suntan. Suntan can cause dehydration, but if u breastfeed only, then there's no need to give water. Breast milk is hydrating in itself.

There r companies who sell phototherapy machine if there's no sun. We almost wanted to rent but the doc convinced us that lvl 12.6 jaundice very low, no need for the machine, then we just tan baby whether there's sun and put him to sleep or play whereever is brighter.