6 in 1 needles

apollo

Care to share $470 includes 6-in-1 jab & dr's consultation fee? Which pediatrician's clinic? TIA.

Polyclinic offered 6-in-1 jab at $326.10, 5-in-1 at $290.40 and pneumococcal at $160...still wondering whether to choose private pediatrician or polyclinic for the jab...think polyclinic is still cheapest right?

Polyclinic told me 6-in-1 jab's first dose start at 3 mths and got 4 doses (my note stated, dont't know whether i wrote or heard wrongly), so i am confused now....anyone knows? please share thanks.
is the 4th dose Booster??

btw, for pneumoccocal, it can be pay by Medisave at Polyclinic but private clinic cannot. i think tt's the biggest diffe =)

and the 400+ at private clinic is for 1 visit, 1 dose 5 (6)in1, 1 edose rotavirus, 1 dose pneumoccocal... and not a package of the 5(6)in1...=)

sufeit0115

is the 4th dose Booster??

btw, for pneumoccocal, it can be pay by Medisave at Polyclinic but private clinic cannot. i think that's the biggest diffe =)

and the 400+ at private clinic is for 1 visit, 1 dose 5 (6)in1, 1 edose rotavirus, 1 dose pneumoccocal... and not a package of the 5(6)in1...=)
Hmm...u mentioned the booster, now i remembered the nurse did mention this, but do u mind to share what is a booster?

So the 400+ at PD include 6 in 1, rotavirus & pneumoccocal....seemed like quite good deal lol. Polyclinic also provide the rotavirus vaccine?

apollo

Hmm...you mentioned the booster, now i remembered the nurse did mention this, but do you mind to share what is a booster?

So the 400+ at pediatrician include 6 in 1, rotavirus & pneumoccocal....seemed like quite good deal lol. Polyclinic also provide the rotavirus vaccine?
actu horr i also not sure abt the booster haha!

babe, u got what i mean when i said include 6in + rota + pnue?? what i meant was, the 400++ is NOT 1 time payment.. okay i explain this way:

ds took:

3rd mth - 5in1 + rota + pneu = ard $420
5th mth - 5in1 + rota + pneu = ard $420 (fyi, he was supposed to take at 4th mth old but he was ill so postpone until 5th mth)
6th mth - 6in1 (include 3rd hep b) + pneu = ard $340..

if u take 6in1 den the price will be slightly higher instead of $420.. as for rota, polyclinic is not providing this at the moment from what i know =)

pd allowed him to take 6in1 which included 3rd hep b was becos he was 6mth old alrdy, that last dose of 5in1 was supposed to be taken when he was 5th mth old but lik what i mentioned, he was ill so 2nd dose postpone to 5mth, den 3rd does postpone to 6mth..

and his pneu CANNOT be paid by medisave cos his pd is consider private.. as for polyclinic, can use medisave but only for the pneu jab, the rest only can use cash or CDA acc to pay =)
understand babe?? :001_302: btw, HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :Dancing_tongue:

Last edited:

sufeit0115

actually horr i also not sure about the booster haha!

babe, you got what i mean when i said include 6in + rota + pnue?? what i meant was, the 400++ is NOT 1 time payment.. okay i explain this way:

dear son took:

3rd month - 5in1 + rota + pneu = around $420
5th month - 5in1 + rota + pneu = around $420 (fyi, he was supposed to take at 4th month old but he was ill so postpone until 5th month)
6th month - 6in1 (include 3rd hep b) + pneu = around $340..

if you take 6in1 then the price will be slightly higher instead of $420.. as for rota, polyclinic is not providing this at the moment from what i know =)

pediatrician allowed him to take 6in1 which included 3rd hep b was becos he was 6mth old alrdy, that last dose of 5in1 was supposed to be taken when he was 5th month old but lik what i mentioned, he was ill so 2nd dose postpone to 5mth, then 3rd does postpone to 6mth..

and his pneu CANNOT be paid by medisave cos his pediatrician is consider private.. as for polyclinic, can use medisave but only for the pneu jab, the rest only can use cash or CDA acc to pay =)
understand babe?? :001_302: btw, HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :Dancing_tongue:
Regina mummy, thanks for your clear explanation..Me really blur didn't read carefully...

Do u know how much private clinic charging for rotavirus vaccine?

apollo

Regina mummy, thanks for your clear explanation..Me really blur didn't read carefully...

Do you know how much private clinic charging for rotavirus vaccine?
haha u're welcome. =)

my pd charges 100bucks for rota. i think the price is ard there.. even got diffe also +/- 10bucks lik tt :001_302:

npoheng

Hi, would babies fall sick when they start the first course of the jab? Would the doctors prescribed any medicine to standby in case the baby fall sick after the injection?

meiteoh

Not necessarily. It really depends on the baby.

You can bring the issue up to the paed before you leave and they'll give you a bottle of fever medication suitable for babies. :)

apollo

depends.. jabs lik BCG and hep b will NOT cause any fever etc.. as for 5in1 or 6in1, some babies will develop slight fever within 24hrs aft e jab.

ds got his 1st fever when he took his 1st 5in1 aft that, we let him take fever medi RIGHT aft his took his 5in1 jab to prevent.. i think better ask ur pd.. cos my pd said 1st time dun let them take medi 1st if got fever then take but if the 1st jab will cause them fver den 2nd jab and 3rd let them take medi aft the jab...

joeyz

jus wana do a price comparison, how much does polyclinic / private clinic charge for the optional add on jab :-

1. 2 Oral Rotarix Dose Package (2 dose) $168
2. Pneumococcal Doses (1, 2, 3 dose) $138, $272, $400
3. 1 Infarix 5-in-1 Booster Dose $68
4. 1 Priorix MMR Dose $22

wonder above price is it consider reasonable. any mummies hv experience can share with me. Appreciate heaps.