6 weeks old DD refuse to sit in Car Seat and keep crying... need advices pls!

piggie

Hi mummies,

As my MIL would be the main caregiver to my DD after my maternity leave ends, we are faced with the problem of having to transport DD safely from my home to MIL's place every morning.

Yesterday we tried to buckle her into the Combi CarSeat, she sat on the seat for less than 2min den started to cry and cry and cry. Totally unable to make her stop crying until I give up, unbuckled her and carried her. Once she is off the seat, the crying stops..:nah::nah:

This morning we tried again, same problem... again have to unbuckle and carry her...

Right now, I am still on leave, so can still have the time to "test water" with hubby every morning, He drives so that I can sit behind and monitor my DD's reaction to the CarSeat..

However when I am gg back to work, I will be bringing her over to my MIL place alone. So I will be the driver, thus, I cannot possibly buckle her in and let her brawl her lungs out all the way to my MIL place can I?? :embarrassed:

How to make DD feel more secure in the CarSeat so that she will not cry once she is being seated on it?? I need some help here... can mummies pls advise?