9mths old baby feeding and growth

Gwynne

Hi mummies,

It can be quite difficult to feed my going 9mths old baby girl as she sometimes would jus refuse to open her mouth for porridge or milk. Now her daily intake of semi solids is like at most 2-3tablespoons of porridge and abit of cereal with ard 800ml of breastmilk. She seems to be less chubby the more I see. Any suggestion as to how to let her like food more?

Right now she still refuse to learn how to crawl which makes me abit worried! She would flip on her tummy and den roll over to the other side quickly. She seems to be very lazy to hold her head. Is her development normal? Hmmm

ast0212

She sounds normal to me. My girl at that age would also eat very little. I'm not sure about the amount of milk she drank (direct bf).

Keep it up, you and bub are doing well. Every baby develops differently, there is rarely a textbook baby :)

i agree with ast0212, some babies are fast and some are slow ,some big appetite and vice versa, it is just a matter of time.

i realise the growth rate will slow down as they turn older, not like the first few months after born where they put on weight very fast.

my baby ate less porridge/solids too, same as yours, his intake is only 3 tablespoon each meal.

u can add in their favourite snacks / fruits in between meals.

Hi mummies,

It can be quite difficult to feed my going 9mths old baby girl as she sometimes would jus refuse to open her mouth for porridge or milk. Now her daily intake of semi solids is like at most 2-3tablespoons of porridge and abit of cereal with ard 800ml of breastmilk. She seems to be less chubby the more I see. Any suggestion as to how to let her like food more?

Right now she still refuse to learn how to crawl which makes me abit worried! She would flip on her tummy and den roll over to the other side quickly. She seems to be very lazy to hold her head. Is her development normal? Hmmm
Hello Gwynne,

You can incorporate milk into semi solids and introduce it to your baby girl, example a homemade banana smoothie. Another recipe that is suitable for her would be a sweet potato purée recipe. I think these foods are very good because of the natural ingredients used and the taste is usually better than plain porridge and cereal. give it a try and let us know if your baby girl likes it =)

Alisa

yr baby could be teething thats why no appetite. my son is a late crawler too and he only started to walk when he was 16 mths but he starts to talk very early. every babies development is different. don worry.