A little help here! Towels towels wad kinda towels!

August

I have quite a number of towels. Those which come in various colors. Was among those wedding gifts exchange from the bride's side during our wedding. The towels are those cheap cheap ones u see in those shophouses. I was wondering if these can be used for the drying of our Coming newborn baby after bathing in the future or Is it a must to use those super soft and good quality towels as it may be rough on baby skin.

Also, if I were to breast feed, how many Nursing bra and nursing clothes Shld
I be getting?

Please advice!

Jheyyy

I've been using those normal towels since my girl was born.

When i bf, i didn't get any nursing bras & nursing clothes at all.
I usually express at home.
All i need was breastpads.

jessmummy

i wanted to get a batch of new towels for my baby.. when i went to the stall and asked for the cost for the normal towels we use at home.. the stall lady recommended us another kind of towel that apparently does not drop towel fluff.. so I bought that home (not too exp)..

later that evening watch tv a documentary on baby birth.. then i noticed the public hospitals are using normal ones we adults use.. so i guess it is OK to use normal towels and make sure they are not too fluffy.

August

thanks all! :D so i'll jus use these normal ones. haha, kinda funny cus my doggy uses this kinda towels too... feels weird to use it on my child! but anyway, since we've got so many!

Mummy to Baby V

If not too rough, fluffy and dye doesn't come off, sounds fine. Check if label says 100% cotton, gentler on baby's skin.

As for nursing bras and clothes, depends on your lifestyle. I'm SAHM, so don't need special nursing bras and clothes at home. Just simple nursing bras that look like sports bras and large t-shirts.

For outdoors, I got about 3-4 nursing bras to rotate. About 4 nursing tops and 2 nursing tank tops that go well under usual clothes. When wearing nursing tank tops, don't need to wear nursing bra.

For breast pads, I use washable ones for comfort and save a lot of money. (I don't leak much milk anyway.)
Review: AVENT Washable Breast Pads | Mummy's Reviews
http://www.mummysreviews.com/2010/10/14/angel-mel-organic-cloth-nursing-pads/

I shop at Fabulousmom.com and Spring Maternity.

All the best! :)