A sister who still wants to be in command...

sal

My very own sister who refuses to let me grow up, refuses to let my kid grow up.

I've got a sis who is older than me by 8years. So since young, she has been helping mum take care of us. Bathe us, cook for us etc etc...She's one of the greatest sis anyone can ask for..but it is juz so difficult to get along wz her now.

I will bring my children to her place and stay overnight a few days a week...as she says she missed the children but hen, I can't stand the way she handles the children.

My little gal is turing 7 this year. And during bedtime, she still insist on patting her to sleep. Some thing which i can't agree on and won't do when we're at our home. For me, i think she's a big gal now, she has got to learn to be independent.

So after keeping mum for so long, i decided enuf is enuf and so i told her.." sis, meredith is a big gal now..can u dun pat her, let her go to sleep by herself?"

Guess what..she flew into a rage and tells me "I pat u to sleep oso when u're ard her age so y can't i do so...if I can't pat her then dun come to my house".

I kept quiet coz i know if i were to say anything, she is going to rattled on..affecting bth children's sleep.

I'll tackle her negative response wz a positive reacion...tat keeps her quiet..at least.

Anyone has got big sister who refuses to let you grow up as well?

M

^Mami_Jazz^

Aiyah oni when u go over yr sis place then ur dd can enjoy this kind of special treatment mah why make a big fuss. i want oso dun hv, i'm the oni gal at home how i wish i hv a older sis to dote on me.

Sista take it ez, its good to hv someone doting u & treat u like kid. Treasure it :001_302::001_302: U r lucky

prima

same here

but mine is the SIL who refuses to give up.

everything u can think of, she does them with flying colours. she is the best sister and takes care of the family very well. in which she also extend to my dds too. she handles their birthday celebrations too at her home.

if she gives a command loud and clear, everyone will follows without any questions. I in return get stares for being inadequate. all school hols, must arrange for the kids to stay with her (without mommy). exam time, she insist that her sister and brother to teach them becoz I am overstressing the kids out. mind you, she's very good with her words too.

when results comes out good, their praises are only for the kids not me.

last time, I made some noise, the whole family boycotted and refuse to communicate for about a year. making me feel guilty

now to solve probs, I decided to keep mum and accept things the way it is. Its too stressful when you have black faces staring back at you. dh states that I don't appreciate the help they have been giving.

now I go to the gym to relieve stress and negative thots.

sal

Aiyah oni when u go over yr sis place then ur dd can enjoy this kind of special treatment mah why make a big fuss. i want oso dun hv, i'm the oni gal at home how i wish i hv a older sis to dote on me.

Sista take it ez, its good to hv someone doting u & treat u like kid. Treasure it :001_302::001_302: U r lucky
Thanks sista..this is wat I want to hear.

But the thing is my gal is asking for the same treatment even when she's at home if not she refuses to sleep. Tat really pissed me off. Big time.

U dun hv sisters then got brothers rite..they will dote on u as well...

Anyway..i m so loveable..who won't dote on me...hahahaha:tlaugh::tlaugh:

sal

same here

but mine is the SIL who refuses to give up.

everything u can think of, she does them with flying colours. she is the best sister and takes care of the family very well. in which she also extend to my dds too. she handles their birthday celebrations too at her home.

if she gives a command loud and clear, everyone will follows without any questions. I in return get stares for being inadequate. all school hols, must arrange for the kids to stay with her (without mommy). exam time, she insist that her sister and brother to teach them becoz I am overstressing the kids out. mind you, she's very good with her words too.

when results comes out good, their praises are only for the kids not me.

last time, I made some noise, the whole family boycotted and refuse to communicate for about a year. making me feel guilty

now to solve probs, I decided to keep mum and accept things the way it is. Its too stressful when you have black faces staring back at you. dh states that I don't appreciate the help they have been giving.

now I go to the gym to relieve stress and negative thots.
sama sama..my sister's words are commands..whole family listens to her.

maybe i shld go to the gym as well...work it out and also helps me slim down..good idea.

BunnyKiss

harnor...I kinda agree to MJ

Sometimes kids like to be pampered. Those were the special moments that is preserved in memory. I'm sure you have thoughts like..ooh..i love those special moment spending at who and who's place, blah and blah..

In the first place, u probably have some "uneasy" feelings towards her. And so though small matter to others, but you may felt some annoyance..

BunnyKiss

Thanks sista..this is wat I want to hear.

But the thing is my gal is asking for the same treatment even when she's at home if not she refuses to sleep. Tat really pissed me off. Big time.

U dun hv sisters then got brothers rite..they will dote on u as well...

Anyway..i m so loveable..who won't dote on me...hahahaha:tlaugh::tlaugh:
ya..u really is very loveable..japanese doll...:wong29: