Able to have seafood?

snowbear

yup, no prob. As M&M said, just make sure it's well-cooked. I've heard of the superstition though that pregnant women cannot eat crabs if not baby will be 'itchy-handed'. haha...

Ottermum

better don't eat crab...

i ate during my preggy days n DS's SUPER hyper now...

MIL says cos i ate crab...in fact she warned me b4 don't...

anyway it's a myth la believe it or not...

oh also don't eat squid n sotong...old folks say umbilical cord will coil around bb's neck...

that i'd better play safe :shyxxx:

adoncia

I've heard of the superstition though that pregnant women cannot eat crabs if not baby will be 'itchy-handed'. haha...
I think I have to believe this as when I had my girl, my craving was crab. Ate at least once a week. My girl came out and now she is so KPO and ITCHY HAND!!! :nah:

Queenbabe

Hahaha .. dun eat crabs better play safe :)
My hubby dont let me eat seafood coz he afraid will affect the baby .

yakii

this pregnancy i always crave for tom yam soup..spicy and sourish...i am not like tat during my 1st pregnancy. And once awhile will have gastric even i had my meal in small amount

apollo

i ate crabs and stingray.. crabs is becos i was craving for it and ate twice.. for stingray, i didnt noe pregnant cannot eat cos of mercury.. aft knowing, i didnt dare to touch alrdy.. hehe

appie

I love seafood but i avoid during my prenancy. cos i believe they are 'poisonous', might cause skin irriation.

serenelm

oops, i ate all sorts of seafood (crabs, stingray, prawns, sotong etc) during pregnancy... juz made sure they were thoroughly cooked... din noe not supposed to eat :p

izanyzam

I think most of it are myths or old wife's tale...As long as the seafood is well cooked,it should be ok..

Sumtimes,we cant help but to just give in to our cravings..!!!:Dancing_tongue:

pmiumiu

just don't take fish that has a lot of mercury-which is not good for the baby.:wong19:
i thikn fish has good protein and omega 3 oils which are all good for baby and pregg mums. only fishes to avoid are deep sea fishes, which might contain traces of mercury. these are for eg, sharks, mackerel, dark coloured tunas.

other fishes like salmon, cod, snapper etc.. are all good. just cook properly.

as for crabs,, i had this MASSIVE craving for black pepper crabs from joo chiat. had to secretly go and eat. so let's see if my baby will be itchy hands. only my hub n my sis n me know i ate crabs. so say if my mum n MIL dunno, maybe then they wont draw the conclusion that its due to crabs, heh

yakii

i thikn fish has good protein and omega 3 oils which are all good for baby and pregg mums. only fishes to avoid are deep sea fishes, which might contain traces of mercury. these are for eg, sharks, mackerel, dark coloured tunas.

other fishes like salmon, cod, snapper etc.. are all good. just cook properly.

as for crabs,, i had this MASSIVE craving for black pepper crabs from joo chiat. had to secretly go and eat. so let's see if my baby will be itchy hands. only my hub n my sis n me know i ate crabs. so say if my mum n MIL dunno, maybe then they wont draw the conclusion that its due to crabs, heh
haah aaa i ate crab already...my when i was wif my DS i didnt touch any and he is still so itchy hand now..so i think is just a old wife tale.

Gelyn

I think its old wife's tales. Baby are born curious, thats what they are kpo. If they are not, I think I will get worried.

For my case, I still ate lots of seafood like crab, prawns, squids (not the legs), scallops and different type of fishes (stingray, snapper, Sheng Yu (cooked) etc). I think as long as its properly cooked, should be a problem. My 2cents worth.