Abortion

Dionne

actually I had an abortion when I broke off with my bf who ditch me for another woman. I really regreted doing that but I really can't do anything to keep it. Now it haunts me every night. I am thinking of settling up a tablet at a temple for it so it may have a home.I know this sounds really stupid and I never believe in such things but I really want to do this for my child at least.

Does anyone knows how and where to do this? Pls help me.

CanCanMum

actually I had an abortion when I broke off with my bf who ditch me for another woman. I really regreted doing that but I really can't do anything to keep it. Now it haunts me every night. I am thinking of settling up a tablet at a temple for it so it may have a home.I know this sounds really stupid and I never believe in such things but I really want to do this for my child at least.

Does anyone knows how and where to do this? Pls help me.
hi Dionne,

i am not sure if i replied too late coz i just happened to see yr query before i joined!

i am not a staunched buddist but based on what my DH's family member went thru during the seventh month i think i shd be able to help u.

Buddist believed in reincarnation and karma. Hence the belief is that if a life is meant to live and it is taken away it is considered bad karma.

However i think whats done cannot be undone.

What u r thinking now is perfectly right for u to do. Do not think that it is something to atone for yr mistakes but it is the least that u can do.

Approach the temples, one example is the Shuang Lin Temple at Jalan Toa Payoh-PIE area. They do have a place to set a tablet for. Normally the prayers will only start in the month of seventh month and the month of the "Qing Min" and lasts for one month. Not sure about the price tho, think range from hundreds to thousand. If they are "full", let me know again. There are other places too that i know of and i can suggest some for u.

Set a tablet for your unborn baby. Give him/her a name. U will be required to give details like when it is conceived and when it passed away. The monks and sangha will be ready to guide u on what to do next.

In doing that u are helping him/her to be reborn to the next life soon after. Many people have done that before. So do not worry.

so every seventh month and qing min u will need to pay the tablet respects and perhaps buy some children clothings or toys like that. U can estimate how old it should have been by then.

Good luck. :win:

estherlin

Heart breaking...heard of such cases in the magazine. Guess due to genetic prob, they got to remove the baby, but this kind is not those normal abortion process, rather is a those labour process but some how the baby has already "sleep" thru.
:wong19:

estherlin

hi Dionne,

i am not sure if i replied too late coz i just happened to see yr query before i joined!

i am not a staunched buddist but based on what my DH's family member went thru during the seventh month i think i shd be able to help u.

Buddist believed in reincarnation and karma. Hence the belief is that if a life is meant to live and it is taken away it is considered bad karma.

However i think whats done cannot be undone.

What u r thinking now is perfectly right for u to do. Do not think that it is something to atone for yr mistakes but it is the least that u can do.

Approach the temples, one example is the Shuang Lin Temple at Jalan Toa Payoh-PIE area. They do have a place to set a tablet for. Normally the prayers will only start in the month of seventh month and the month of the "Qing Min" and lasts for one month. Not sure about the price tho, think range from hundreds to thousand. If they are "full", let me know again. There are other places too that i know of and i can suggest some for u.

Set a tablet for your unborn baby. Give him/her a name. U will be required to give details like when it is conceived and when it passed away. The monks and sangha will be ready to guide u on what to do next.

In doing that u are helping him/her to be reborn to the next life soon after. Many people have done that before. So do not worry.

so every seventh month and qing min u will need to pay the tablet respects and perhaps buy some children clothings or toys like that. U can estimate how old it should have been by then.

Good luck. :win:

hey hey, i m not superstitious, but personally if your hubby and u are fine with the arrangement, and this gives u a peace of mind, why not. Coz recently, my MIL shared with me her story abt her abortion too. As olden time, medical not advance, she went for medical checkup as she missed her period. But in the end after the doc did something to her, her period came. She was not told if she was preg and made abortion. Nth was told by the doc.

Den a shifu came to my in laws place by chance, and saw a little boy roaming around. So instructed her to do some rituals and some offering so he can reborn.

CanCanMum

hey hey, i m not superstitious, but personally if your hubby and u are fine with the arrangement, and this gives u a peace of mind, why not. Coz recently, my MIL shared with me her story abt her abortion too. As olden time, medical not advance, she went for medical checkup as she missed her period. But in the end after the doc did something to her, her period came. She was not told if she was preg and made abortion. Nth was told by the doc.

Den a shifu came to my in laws place by chance, and saw a little boy roaming around. So instructed her to do some rituals and some offering so he can reborn.
errmm...just to clarify we din do any abortion....coz i onli saw pple performing rituals for their unborn babies....i din know such rituals can be done either...in Singapore its not so common but in KL its very common.

Yeah i believe in reincarnation and karma....tat defers if religion is different tho.