Activities for 18months Boys at Home

Mama_Mel

Dear Mummies,

My son is 18month now. His very active and naughty! Any advise what are the activities i play with him at home during weekends?? He likes to open n close cupboard, climbing up and down at Sofa and Dinning Table and dig out all my canned food and others things from cupboard plus watching Barney almost half a day.

Seems is boring for him so that his tyring to find other things to do during his at home. Im currently 7mths+ pregnant with my second prince, really run out of energy to follow him up and down... :embarrassed:.

raeka

18 month can start playing puzzles (simple type).
Play blocks with him and read him storybooks.
Paper to scribble or u can draw to him.

ling.er

My 15month+ boy is alrd like tat lei..

• open cupboard
  • take controller / toy knock the table
  • see the daddy on plug, also learn wan touch wire & plug
  • pull a pack or rice here n there
  • Throw all the SHOES down from rack
  • Toy anyhw throw or bit ppl
  • Use hand & bit the table
  • Climb up Bed / sofa if we nv notice -.-"
My boy dun liek to watch Balney or wat .. I buy a cartoon DVD for him ( MuSIC / Dancing type ) He watch awhile then run off lei..

Mama_Mel

My 15month+ boy is alrd like tat lei..

• open cupboard
  • take controller / toy knock the table
  • see the daddy on plug, also learn wan touch wire & plug
  • pull a pack or rice here n there
  • Throw all the SHOES down from rack
  • Toy anyhw throw or bit ppl
  • Use hand & bit the table
  • Climb up Bed / sofa if we nv notice -.-"
My boy dun liek to watch Balney or wat .. I buy a cartoon DVD for him ( MuSIC / Dancing type ) He watch awhile then run off lei..
Ling er, My son did all the same things as your son... :( really dun know how to deal with them...

Mama_Mel

18 month can start playing puzzles (simple type).
Play blocks with him and read him storybooks.
Paper to scribble or u can draw to him.
Raeka, my son has not patience :( read story book, just start 5mins he run away... play blocks with him and he throw the blocks under sofa... i brought a drawings books for him but end up he draw on his legs and hands. So stress to deal with him.

ast0212

My 17 month old son is the same!! :001_302:

It's hard to find something that can hold his attention for more than 5 minutes. I found simple things can amuse him for a longer period of time (more than 5 minutes), like taking his bathtub out and letting him sit in it with no water. A saucepan and some safe cooking utensils - he pretends to cook. I've been collecting bits and pieces like empty cereal boxes, paper towel rolls, soft drink bottles, tissue boxes and he absolutely loves playing with these! His homemade vacuum cleaner keeps him pretty busy too. I've made him a simple kitchen and have yet to introduce it to him so I'll see how it goes. Recently I made some playdough and that kept him busy for 10 minutes.

Relax and watch them explore on their own - even if it means drawing all over themselves :001_302:

Mama_Mel

It's hard to find something that can hold his attention for more than 5 minutes. I found simple things can amuse him for a longer period of time (more than 5 minutes), like taking his bathtub out and letting him sit in it with no water. A saucepan and some safe cooking utensils - he pretends to cook. I've been collecting bits and pieces like empty cereal boxes, paper towel rolls, soft drink bottles, tissue boxes and he absolutely loves playing with these! His homemade vacuum cleaner keeps him pretty busy too. I've made him a simple kitchen and have yet to introduce it to him so I'll see how it goes. Recently I made some playdough and that kept him busy for 10 minutes.

Relax and watch them explore on their own - even if it means drawing all over themselves :001_302:
Hi ast0212, Thanks for sharing.... I will try it out. It sound interesting to me and my son. Hehe...

apollo

Raeka, my son has not patience :( read story book, just start 5mins he run away... play blocks with him and he throw the blocks under sofa... i brought a drawings books for him but end up he draw on his legs and hands. So stress to deal with him.
is very normal. my son's 120 pieces megablocks now only left with 7-80 pieces only.. and he started off with drawing on himself too, and also the floor!! It took quite sometime for him to understand that it is a NONO to draw anywhere else except on the papers. He now still tend to test water and draw on the sofa/table, just keep reminding him will do. As for story books, mine also didnt start off sitting down to listen. Now slightly better, though he will still run off but he often ask me to read to him, instead of me forcing him to listen. =)

I read somewhere that kids attention span is like 1yr=5mins. So i guess its normal for them to b interested in something for less than 10mins.
My boy was very active too. Those block toys books tv r nothing to him cos he is not interested at all. I then realise he enjoys doing 'adults' things. Give him a plate n spoon he can play till super happy. Save me lots of money too. Instead of read books i gave him my magazine n talk abt the pictures n colors. Give him a pen n my mum's 4d paper he can scribble longer than his crayons n drawing block.. =P

ling.er

Tissue box i had try b4... End up he tear up the box and small pic into his mouth = =" If give him saucepan i guess he will sure take & hit the table ><" His toy all play until boring already = =" recently bought him a soft ball so tat he can kick or throw around.. Play few min then dun wan already....

Thinking of DIY safety toy for him..
Any mummy have this ideal before or had done one/two for ur kid??

Mind sharing it ?