Adenomyoma

ladyivis

Hi, I am new to this forum. Married for 8 years and have Been trying for a baby last 1.5yrs.

Recently, went to see a TMC at Jurong east. After reading my husband and mine pulse, she recommend us to see Dr Christopher Chen at glen eagles hospital for further scanning and testing to confirm her findings.

So we went 2 weeks later and went thru all the require test. And when reviewing our test report by Dr Christopher Chen, he mentioned that I have " Adenomyoma" and suggest for a day surgery and have it remove .

Infact, I am planning for my IVF. So just checking with anyone out there who diagnosed with "Adenomyoma" and did u went for any surgery?

If I don't plan to go for my surgery, will it reduce my success rate of doing IVF?

PeterFarmer

Hi, I am new to this forum. Married for 8 years and have Been trying for a baby last 1.5yrs.

Recently, went to see a Thomson Medical Center at Jurong east. After reading my husband and mine pulse, she recommend us to see Dr Christopher Chen at glen eagles hospital for further scanning and testing to confirm her findings.

So we went 2 weeks later and went thru all the require test. And when reviewing our test report by Dr Christopher Chen, he mentioned that I have " Adenomyoma" and suggest for a day surgery and have it remove .

Infact, I am planning for my IVF. So just checking with anyone out there who diagnosed with "Adenomyoma" and did you went for any surgery?

If I dont't plan to go for my surgery, will it reduce my success rate of doing IVF?

If you search for comments on Dr. Chris Chen - you'll find many negative comments about him. You'll also find that his diagnose is the same for almost every couple, that is, the male would have varicoceles and would require surgery, and the female would have cysts or endometriosis and would require surgery.

gingertea

I think it would be best for you to consult another doc or perhaps see a gov-base hospital to double check on your condition. Currently, im seeing Dr Henry Cheng at Bishan. So far, he has quite good reputation. He also has the 3D scan where he can see the condtion of our womb and ovaries. He will also show u the scan as he has two monitors. Just a suggestion.

PeterFarmer

Check out these websites - there are info on Dr Chris Chen. Earlier this year when I searched for Chris Chen Forum - many comments about him came up (mostly negative). But now when I conduct the same search - I could hardly find any comments on him - I find this strange. Anyway, I just have to search harder - see below....

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/5/4845440.html?1291709698

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/5/6421630.html?1323268744

http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/740962.html?1344938670?1344938670

Hi, pls seek another opinion before u do any surgery. Dr Henry Cheng is my gynae as well. He's very gd & very detailed. I was also asked to go for surgery by 2 other gynaes. But Dr Cheng said no need. I conceived & gave birth to my baby last yr.