Admission letter to Mt. A... what to do with it? Induce rates?

cui_er

Hi mummies out there, anybody knows what i'm supposed to do with the admission letter my gynae gave me?

I told him at my last visit i wanna deliver at Mt. Alvernia. Then he asked his receptionist to pass me the admission letter, but when I asked her need to fill in or not she said no need. Just to bring the letter when i have to go hospital. Does it work that way? Cos I thought have to indicate what type of room I'm opting for beforehand?

Also, anybody knows if the baby has to be induced instead of waiting for labour pains to start naturally, will there be additional charges? Cos so far only have the costs for natural birth with/without assistance/epidural etc... never see anything costs if have to induce.

Thanks!

kohym

Alpha Male
we are also delivering at Mt.A.

the gynae also gave my wife an admission letter. he tell her to bring it around wherever she goes incase she needs to be admitted, just pass the letter to the staff there.

joeyz

Hi mummies out there, anybody knows what i'm supposed to do with the admission letter my gynae gave me?

I told him at my last visit i wanna deliver at Mt. Alvernia. Then he asked his receptionist to pass me the admission letter, but when I asked her need to fill in or not she said no need. Just to bring the letter when i have to go hospital. Does it work that way? Cos I thought have to indicate what type of room I'm opting for beforehand?

Also, anybody knows if the baby has to be induced instead of waiting for labour pains to start naturally, will there be additional charges? Cos so far only have the costs for natural birth with/without assistance/epidural etc... never see anything costs if have to induce.

Thanks!
Yes, u must bring the admission letter (very important) on the day u admit to hospital. U can opt for the type of room etc on the day u admit asking your hubby to fill up (for me, i do it when i go for my hospital tour so they will automatic key in my data in the system and i dun hv to do so when i admit).

if u go in earlier for induce. Yes, there will be additional charge using the labour ward cos under the maternity package, u are entitle for 1 day use of labour ward but for induce, u will go in earlier and be charge for that.

hakisumi

hmm..

for me.. MT A sent a letter to my house, den i fill up a form and fax back, and when admit my hubby also double cfm with the room i am taking..

as for induction: i paid abt $50 for my gynae for the "induction pill"
in my bill got indicate a delivery suite charge for 1 night which is $200.

lonerjas

hmm..

for me.. MT A sent a letter to my house, then i fill up a form and fax back, and when admit my hubby also double cfm with the room i am taking..

as for induction: i paid about $50 for my gynae for the "induction pill"
in my bill got indicate a delivery suite charge for 1 night which is $200.
actually no need fax the form back.. i just brought the addmission letter my gynae gave me

shopaholic

Yes, pls bring along your admission letter on the day you admit for induction.

For me, I was already having contractions on the day I admitted, hence no need for insertion of prostin, hence, I did not pay for the pill. However, like what Hakisumi said, I also paid $200 extra for the overnight use of labour ward.