Advice Needed: Green Poo

CarrisMummy

Help! My baby is coming 2 months old and for the past 2 weeks, her poo is dark green in colour and it's very watery. It's explosive too. She poo once every 2 days. Is it normal? I am switching from breastfeeding to bottle feeding and she is taking Enfalac. Should I change milk powder?

Please advise.

esta_837

Is she otherwise well and happy? Not excessively crying and fussing badly? Not unwell? Not running a temperature?

Dark green and explosive poos could be due to the lactose in the milk. Try changing milk powder and see if she's better. If not, bring her to see a GP to check if she's lactose intolerant or simply unwell.

My own kid was lactose intolerant (I didn't know at that time) and had green, explosive poop for a few days when I upped her breastfeeds at around 3-4months. It was when I switched to formula that I realised she was lactose intolerant, hence I had to use lactose-free formula till now (21months).

CarrisMummy

My gal is well and not running a temperature.

I have brought her to see a PD and she said that it is perfectly alright. She suggested changing milk powder and I changed to S26. Her poop is not that runny and explosive now but it's still dark green in colour.

mummy jay

Dark green poo is usually a sign of lactose intolerance...both my sons are lactose intolerant. Why don't you try a lactose-free milk and see how?