advice on pigeon 3 in 1 sterilizer

fionliu

hi everybody,

this recently jus saw a 3 in 1 pigeon sterilizer food & milk warmer plus
free 2 bottles of pigeon wide neck bottles, original price stated $160 & nw its selling at $126. do ur think its worth buying or do ur think i wait for other fair to compare prices? is the original price for this is abt 160? and anybody using this, is it gd?thks for any mummies advice.

canisque

hi everybody,

this recently just saw a 3 in 1 pigeon sterilizer food & milk warmer plus
free 2 bottles of pigeon wide neck bottles, original price stated $160 & now its selling at $126. do your think its worth buying or do your think i wait for other fair to compare prices? is the original price for this is about 160? and anybody using this, is it good?thks for any mummies advice.
hi fionliu, i've actually eyed this product for a long long time. The usual price is always $169. I saw it once at robinsons year end sale for $149 but decided to wait for lower price elsewhere. Finally got it at Takashimaya sale for $126, which is the lowest so far so I grabbed it. Doesn't come with the bottles though but I dun need the bottles cos iv already got them earlier.

In terms of its function, i've yet to even open the box. Not until my baby is born, perhaps! :p I personally thought a 3-in-1 saves space and less hassle without hvg to plug in so many different wires. Just a personal choice of convenience (although iv yet to use them!). Will update you once iv used them ok!

I look forward to other mummies sharing abt this item too!

My hubby and i saw it on sale at BHG last sunday, i thought it is good too but my hubby says one function can only be used at one time so if i wanna use steriliser, i cant warm up milk or food at same time so it will be a problem if we have more kids coming along.
In the end never buy. :(

hi everybody,

this recently just saw a 3 in 1 pigeon sterilizer food & milk warmer plus
free 2 bottles of pigeon wide neck bottles, original price stated $160 & now its selling at $126. do your think its worth buying or do your think i wait for other fair to compare prices? is the original price for this is about 160? and anybody using this, is it good?thks for any mummies advice.
its definitely worth it i think! my hubby said he bought it for nearly $170 at kiddy palace. . cant be 100% sure... wasnt really listening! :elvis:

mine also came with the pigeon bottles. (but i only trust glass bottles so heck care)

so far only been using the sterilizer few times a day. not bad. once i put near a wall, haizz.. the steam left some "wet looking stain" on it n its still there... the steam is pretty hot, so dont put it near anything... dont lift up the lid immediately after u hear the ready beep sound...gotta wait at least 3 mins. i didnt read the manual and ya. orr bee lorr.

used the milk warmer few times, but i think its warming up too slowly.12 mins i think. but crying baby cannot wait mahh! so it seems like 4ever.... lol and the milk isnt too warm. straight from the fridge maybe. reason being : too hot will kill all the good bacteria and prebiotics in the milk.

canisque

... dont lift up the lid immediately after you hear the ready beep sound...gotta wait at least 3 mins. i didnt read the manual and ya. orr bee lorr.

used the milk warmer few times, but i think its warming up too slowly.12 mins i think. but crying baby cannot wait mahh! so it seems like 4ever.... lol and the milk isnt too warm. straight from the fridge maybe. reason being : too hot will kill all the good bacteria and prebiotics in the milk.
thanks Pineappletart for the reminder n warning on the hot steam. You heat up your frozen expressed milk in the milk warmer is it? You store the milk in bottle or storage bag then thaw at d warmer straight from the freezer?

fruityzee

I didn't buy the 3-in-1 too cos like what littlemoomoo mentioned, there is only one electrical "base" to be used for all 3 functions. If it spoils u can't use it anymore... That's what the promoter told me though. So i bought the bundle with rapid steam sterilizer and a bottle & food warmer for $139 from BHG..

temari

i bought at $188 at kiddy palace in feb. regret bought too early.today saw in BHG $126 so heart pain.

Ivy Miao

I got that 3 in 1 pigoen brand. I used everything inside the package except the bottles. Cuz its not anti-colic. Very simple and easy to use.. Just that the sterilizer abit bulky. But light..

bladers

I need advice on the pigeon steam steriliser, whether has yours spoilt over yrs of usage?

I own a pigeon 3-in-1 multi function steriliser and has since broken down twice in 2.5 yrs. I have never used the other functions bcos like what littlemoomoo said you can only use one function at any one time. I regreted buying this set as I saw the normal steam steriliser on sale less than $100, i spent $170 on the 3 in 1.

How did you mummies like the normal pigeon steam steriliser? I also only heard horror stories of the 3 in 1 breaking down numerously after buying my set and it has proven right..

mumusings

I think it's better to use the conventional way of sterilising bottles. Saves $ and there's no risk of breakdown. Use boiling water from electric kettle to pour into Daiso saucepan (S$2) to sterilise the teats/cap. After that, pour water into bottles before recycling the water into the washer (for clothes).