advice pls =(

pinkytham

can anyone here advice me on wat i should do? these issues kinda bother me everyday although its happening a few months more =(

1. Mum can take care or me but dunno hw to cook confinement meals plus is i give her do confinement for me, scared she will tire herself out as i have a 2yr old ger at that time.

2. If cater the confinement meals, dun find it cheap i mean if i top up a bit, i can get at least a confinement lady to help mi take care of the baby, cook and do minimal housework which mum cant as she's busy (we both have our own houses nt staying together)

3. but i kinda paranoid was thinking that hw to look for a trustworthy confinement lady? had friends whom encountered CL stealing things frm their home while she was sleeping and hubby working =( so kinda worried.

4. Would like my daughter to stay with me during the confinement period as i always bring her home everynight without fail and she is very close to me but worried that will she be jealous of her little sister? Hw to manage breasfeeding and hw to take care of her if hubby is not around when there is just me,CL and daughter =( worried that she keeps crying dun let me carry her little sister and keeps wanting me to carry

really need advices frm all experienced mummies out there
hope to hear frm u soon
:embarrassed:

keefu

My suggestion would be:

Ask your mom to move in to take care of your elder daughter and some of the basic needs like housework and order confinement food from outside.

or

Hire a local confinement lady who works 9-6 daily. At least all meals are prepared freshly and from 6pm onwards your mum can come and take over and fetch your elder daughter.

I feel that at least when you are too tired to handle your elder daughter, your mum has the ability to pacify her rather than the confinement lady. And besides you will not be comfortable for the confinement lady to stay at your house the whole day so half day will at least sound feasible to you.

pinkytham

my mama stay a few levels above me so would still be quite convenient =D
hee hee
hmm sounds a great idea to hire a 9am to 6pm CL.
but i scared baby create havoc at night than i no need rest le =(
my elder girl did not wan to sleep during my confinement period so kinda phobia same thing might happen. than would nt be able to rest well =(

My suggestion would be:

Ask your mom to move in to take care of your elder daughter and some of the basic needs like housework and order confinement food from outside.

or

Hire a local confinement lady who works 9-6 daily. At least all meals are prepared freshly and from 6pm onwards your mum can come and take over and fetch your elder daughter.

I feel that at least when you are too tired to handle your elder daughter, your mum has the ability to pacify her rather than the confinement lady. And besides you will not be comfortable for the confinement lady to stay at your house the whole day so half day will at least sound feasible to you.

keefu

my mama stay a few levels above me so would still be quite convenient =D
hee hee
hmm sounds a great idea to hire a 9am to 6pm CL.
but i scared baby create havoc at night than i no need rest le =(
my elder girl did not wan to sleep during my confinement period so kinda phobia same thing might happen. than would nt be able to rest well =(
That's even better since your mum live in the same block as you! haha. How about asking her to spend the nights with your daughter at your house till every morning, she sends your daughter to school after that CL came, your mum's turn to rest at home? I'm sure she doesn't mind?

pinkytham

But mummy can only rest well on her own bed when she's outside she can't slp well tats the prob ={ while traveling also like tat

My mum's hse still gt onevelderly granny for her to take care too so dun think can b done this way ={ anyway it's a gd suggestion thx ger

That's even better since your mum live in the same block as you! haha. How about asking her to spend the nights with your daughter at your house till every morning, she sends your daughter to school after that CL came, your mum's turn to rest at home? I'm sure she doesn't mind?

XenXuan

Hi, I'm in a similar situation,I have a 2yr old son n my baby girl edd in June.. Diff is my mom is doing my confinement including the cooking.. My worries are my son is v active n naughty,I'm trying to find him a childcare or playgroup,so that my mom can concentrate on the cooking n newborn when I rest.. I'm juz afraid it's still hard on my mom n I can't help much when I'm still in pain n so tired all that.. Did not have much rest during my 1st confinement too.. Still lost dunno what to do.. Any idea how much will 9-6 confinement lady charge?? Wonder if it's too late for me to hire 1 now..26weeks pregnant already..

apollo

can anyone here advice me on wat i should do? these issues kinda bother me everyday although its happening a few months more =(

1. Mum can take care or me but dunno hw to cook confinement meals plus is i give her do confinement for me, scared she will tire herself out as i have a 2yr old ger at that time.

can cater confinement tingkat. cos if u buy those ingredients for ur mum to cook, also cost alot and ur mum might be tired.

2. If cater the confinement meals, dun find it cheap i mean if i top up a bit, i can get at least a confinement lady to help mi take care of the baby, cook and do minimal housework which mum cant as she's busy (we both have our own houses nt staying together)

CL is a good choice too if the price is not a pro. but do note that u still gonna fork out 1k or so to buy those ingredients and herbs on top of paying the CL (abt 2k?) but this way, both u and ur mum can have ample rest

3. but i kinda paranoid was thinking that hw to look for a trustworthy confinement lady? had friends whom encountered CL stealing things frm their home while she was sleeping and hubby working =( so kinda worried.

getting a good CL need luck and depends on ur expectation. i suggest u to look for a CL thru recommendation by ur frens instead of recommadations from online forums cos i have read so many mummies hiring the 'wrong' CL when they source thru online forums (those reco by mummies).

4. Would like my daughter to stay with me during the confinement period as i always bring her home everynight without fail and she is very close to me but worried that will she be jealous of her little sister? Hw to manage breasfeeding and hw to take care of her if hubby is not around when there is just me,CL and daughter =( worried that she keeps crying dun let me carry her little sister and keeps wanting me to carry

dont think so much. now u shd start to get her prepared tt a new bro/sis is coming very soon. keep telling her and also let her feel that the love ur give her is not lessen. =)

really need advices frm all experienced mummies out there
hope to hear frm u soon
:embarrassed:
my replies are in red =)

MsKoh1973

you can go to those website catering for confinement meals, see what tonic they used, they just cook the same.

actually during confinement, need to eat good and warm food. So you can also go those Chinese medicine hall, ask them to recommend what tonic to use, then u buy some and put at home. Then every day u can just use slow cooker, put in the tonic pack and meat. Also try to eat green vege and avoid the while ones (like bai chai) cos its cooling. So every meal, one soup + vege + rice. Then throughout the day, just drink the red dates ginger soup (ginger not too much cos will cause jaundice).

You also can check out the web for some confinement food receipes.

pinkytham

thanks to all for the advices =D

appreciate it lots

thought it over think will let mummy do the confinement and daddy will cook and buy the dishes cause my dad just retired and will be taking care of the bigger child =D