Advise needed : do you drink DOM / Martel liquor during confinement ?

durianfan

Hi mummies,

For breastfeeding mummies, do you drink DOM / liquor during confinement ? The old folks mentioned that DOM / liquor will help to warm and nourish the body but I worry about the alcohol effect on the milk & baby. Pls advise. Thanks.

xiaodaisy

was told tat using DOM or martel in cooking is ok for bf-ing .. cos alcohol is cooked and not so thick but maybe just 1 of the meal per day =)

blackpiggy

I dont drink it directly, but will eat it if cook with food, as the alcohol will be evaporated after cooking.

arielc

hi mummies, my confinement lady is also advising me to get XO/Martell so she can cook it. She say after cooking, the alcohol will evaporate and won't affect my bf. Is this true?

arielc

And if it's ok to drink, which brand is good? There's Martell, Hennessy, and Remy Martin.... what's the difference?

Sad 33

Hi all,
All along I have a poor back, that is I suffer from nagging backache often after I mop the floor. Today is 1 wk after d&c and even though not doing any heavy housework, but only washing dishes, I suffer again from bad backache. I'm not very active now and backache comes to me after 2 hours of waking up. I dont know why....
I thot my diet was good enough, with 2 tablespoons of Dom into the soup I drink daily from tingkat services. Do you have any advice on food for backache during this confinement period? I hope to improve my body esp back for future...
Any idea if Can take HuiJi wasit tonic( contain chong cao, shou Wu, du zhong) now? Cos I'm just 1 wk after d&c.

arielc

Hi all,
All along I have a poor back, that is I suffer from nagging backache often after I mop the floor. Today is 1 wk after d&c and even though not doing any heavy housework, but only washing dishes, I suffer again from bad backache. I'm not very active now and backache comes to me after 2 hours of waking up. I dont know why....
I thot my diet was good enough, with 2 tablespoons of Dom into the soup I drink daily from tingkat services. Do you have any advice on food for backache during this confinement period? I hope to improve my body esp back for future...
Any idea if Can take HuiJi wasit tonic( contain chong cao, shou Wu, du zhong) now? Cos I'm just 1 wk after d&c.
hi Sad 33,

I have a bad back as well after delivery... my mum said the waist tonic works and i have been taking for 1-2 weeks... back is better, but sometimes when i over strain is e.g. walk too much or bad posture during bf, then back will ache again... my mum says must drink for few months to see effect....

Sad 33

Hi arielc,
thanks for yr quick reply :)
U mean u also take 'HuiJi waist Tonic'? How much u take and when do u take it everyday?

arielc

Hi arielc,
thanks for yr quick reply :)
U mean u also take 'HuiJi waist Tonic'? How much u take and when do u take it everyday?
yeah i take the hui ji waist tonic too... it comes with a little cup that's smaller than a shot glass right? i take about 3/4 cup before i sleep every night... i hope it works!

Sad 33

Hi alrelc,
i have misplaced the little shot cup as my huji waist tonic was opened sometime back. Ill do some judgment on the Amount. Thanks!

Alisa

i too have bad backache after my c-sec but after i came back to work after 4mth of maternity, my backache cure by itself. So i think walking more is good for backache.

rellako

Hello, sorry to disturb. For hui Ji waist tonic, can we drink it during confinement? If yes, how often and after how many days? It's not alcohol right?

Sad 33

Hi Alisa,
Glad to know yr backache heals by itself. Mine is on and off these years esp after my intensive housekeeping. However this was nvr a issue to me....til recent D&C(miscarriage) experience causes it to come back even though i'm doing mini confinement.
I'll try to incorporate more exercise once i am fit. :) Thanks for sharing.

Sad 33

Hi rellako,
I can't comment on yr question as my situation is different. Let's hear from the experienced.

malibu

Hello, sorry to disturb. For hui Ji waist tonic, can we drink it during confinement? If yes, how often and after how many days? It's not alcohol right?
Hi Rellako,

yes, you can take Hui Ji waist tonic during your confinement, best take it at night before you go to bed.
Think for start just take 20ml everyday, as you might not like the smell and taste.
Sorry i'm not sure got alcohol or not, if got alcohol best to take only 20ml everyday even if you are breast feeding.