Advise Needed - Doing confinement myself

lo-en

Hi there,

Is its advisable to do confinement myself and at the same time BF the little one at the same time...:embarrassed: Will it to too tedious?

For my 1st girl due to my medical problem i did not BF her, she is on FM since birth and i did confinement myself but my mil and mom will only come to help me in the cooking.

This time round, i wish to try BF (also doing confinement myself)... but i read about BF and learnt that usually have to feed every 2 - 3 hourly which is different from FM (usually 4 hourly)..I'm afraid i cannot coped...:err:

Did anyone try something like this b4?....

So confused......:confused:

Thank you....

autumn82

Hi there,

Is its advisable to do confinement myself and at the same time BF the little one at the same time...:embarrassed: Will it to too tedious?

For my 1st girl due to my medical problem i did not BF her, she is on FM since birth and i did confinement myself but my mil and mom will only come to help me in the cooking.

This time round, i wish to try BF (also doing confinement myself)... but i read about BF and learnt that usually have to feed every 2 - 3 hourly which is different from FM (usually 4 hourly)..I'm afraid i cannot coped...:err:

Did anyone try something like this b4?....

So confused......:confused:

Thank you....
It will be tedious to bf and do confinement for yrself but it is achievable. :) Bfing usually is on demand, so roughly ard every 1-2hrs once.. Some babies might just latch on and fall asleep so they might take longer time to suckle.

My DD was also on FM after 1 week of BM (I gave up :001_302:) & for DS, I bf him for 6mths. I was exhausted bfing and looking another 4yr old by myself.. :tlaugh:But it can be done. :)

Satellite

I am breast feeding and depends on your baby. Mine feeds for 1 hr but sleeps for about 2-3 hours so that I can do things during the 2-3 hours. But I don't do cooking - my husband does it. Doing laundry is still possible. Sometimes I sweep floor. (but I have a maid that comes in once a week to mop, clean toilets and iron clothes).

It should be achievable but might be a bit exhausting initially. You will cope after a few days.

lo-en

When you said doing confinement by yourself, what does it mean? Cooking and taking care of bb alone?
Cooking will be done by my mil or my mum. The rest will be done by myself... e.g looking after baby, bathing baby, washing clothings..etc..

autumn82

Cooking will be done by my mil or my mum. The rest will be done by myself... e.g looking after baby, bathing baby, washing clothings..etc..
I dink cleaning of the hse leave it to yr DH to do. U can concentrate on bfing yr baby, bathing baby, taking care of baby's needs. :)

snowbear

According to your definition of doing confinement on your own, i managed to bf and take care of bb on my own. Very very tiring, but can be done. My bb refused to latch in the first month so i had to pump out some more so after the cycle of pumping, feeding, washing and sterilising, i hardly had a 2hr stretch of rest...

veronica

Ya I also did that myself. Cooking done by my father. But then i have a maid to help with the washing so basically i just tend to bb needs (fyi feeding, bathing, night duty etc)

karoru

very encouraging to read this thread coz me and DH tot of doing confinement ourselves... thanks, mummies...

SharonTan

I BF and look after my son throughout the night, while my DH is in charge of my DD if she wants any milk at nite or prepare her for bed.. change her ,bath her.. But in the day I look after both of them. Did confinement myself but my mum comes over in the day to help me out so that I can nap. Ordered confinement food in tingkats, so din have to cook, but have to wash before returning... which my mum will wash.. As for bathing the baby, my mum says I can do it cos the water is warm and not cold.

Washing of clothes and housework is done by my mil, cos am staying at my pil's place.

can de.. euu even not cooking can le............ all these had been discussed before... and itx more more more motivating for euu all mothers-to-be... but hmmmmmm. i try find it , post the link here. let euu all noe..