Advise needed from mothers who brought r child to winter country

huihui.quek

Is there any mothers who ha experienced bringing your child to winter country below 10 degree before? Can advise if the child able to stand the cold? My child ard 23 months

Ting

kids hv a higher body temp than we adults and can take cold better.
i havent brought my girl to a winter country b4. but she can slp in shorts n short sleeve shirt in a AC room of 18-20degs (sometimes with fan at full blast) and not cover blanket to slp when everyone else is freezing alr... well sometimes i think she is like hibernating. =X

anyway, just wear thicker clothes for your child (ie, get winter clothings) shld be good. :)

adelynn

yes strollers are allowed on planes. you can push right up to the boarding gate afterwhich they'll keep for you. the moment you off board the plane, it will be right up at the gate waiting for you

huihui.quek

yes strollers are allowed on planes. you can push right up to the boarding gate afterwhich they'll keep for you. the moment you off board the plane, it will be right up at the gate waiting for you
ok thans adelynn.
After much thought, we do not dare to bring our son to winter country, as the travel agent seems like scaring us when we wan to book the tour.

So we had decided to go hong kong, adelynn, u stay in hong kong? Any hotels to recommend?

MommyOfTwo

I brought my son to a few winter destinations before cos my family adores winter and I was reluctant to leave him behind. First trip was when he was 8 months, brought him to Korea, to ski resort some more. He was ok cos we really kiasu and wrapped him in many layers. Somehow he seemed to really enjoy cold cos he will ale ays sleep v soundly in the open. Second trip was to Haerbin (crazy, I know) when he was 2 and that was about -20deg. Regretted bringing him cos we were really worried that it may be too extreme for him, but well, we survived. Now I'm reluctant to bring him to such extreme weathers cos his skin gets really bad (too dry despite crazily moisturizing him).

I think so long about 10deg is very ok, but need to keep slapping on moisturizer and baby oil. Young children take cold better than adults, evident in my few nieces and nephew who didn't complaint about the cold at all (4-6 yes old). But is really a hassle to wear so many layers and taking them off. Then have to make sure always have access to hot water for his milk (but this is necessary no matter where u go).

huihui.quek

I brought my son to a few winter destinations before cos my family adores winter and I was reluctant to leave him behind. First trip was when he was 8 months, brought him to Korea, to ski resort some more. He was ok cos we really kiasu and wrapped him in many layers. Somehow he seemed to really enjoy cold cos he will ale ays sleep very soundly in the open. Second trip was to Haerbin (crazy, I know) when he was 2 and that was about -20deg. Regretted bringing him cos we were really worried that it may be too extreme for him, but well, we survived. Now I'm reluctant to bring him to such extreme weathers cos his skin gets really bad (too dry despite crazily moisturizing him).

I think so long about 10deg is very ok, but need to keep slapping on moisturizer and baby oil. Young children take cold better than adults, evident in my few nieces and nephew who didn't complaint about the cold at all (4-6 yes old). But is really a hassle to wear so many layers and taking them off. Then have to make sure always have access to hot water for his milk (but this is necessary no matter where you go).
OH if i knew this earlier from your experience, i guessed i will not hesitate to signup the korea package. Me and hubby actually went down to the tour agency wanted to sign up already by paying deposit, but this travel agent kept ask us to think twice. that is why we drawn back and decide to go hong kong instead. Abit sian la, cos the price i pay to HK f&e is more expensive than i go korea package.

But you are really fierce and daring to bring your child to Haerbin!!!!
Pei Fu...

Ting

wow, HK price more exp then korea!!!!
i was actually planning to go HK in nov but decided to drop off cos my family wanna join us and my sis ask me wait for after her wedding next yr go there honeymoon. also more shopping in june/july. :)

anyway, for HK hotel, maybe u can try metropark hotel. my sis stayed there previously. it is a 3 star hotel only but location is very good. near MTR, and many shopping downstairs plus food nearby. we would be booking tt hotel when we head over. :)

huihui.quek

wow, HK price more exp then korea!!!!
i was actually planning to go HK in nov but decided to drop off cos my family wanna join us and my sis ask me wait for after her wedding next yr go there honeymoon. also more shopping in june/july. :)

anyway, for HK hotel, maybe you can try metropark hotel. my sis stayed there previously. it is a 3 star hotel only but location is very good. near MTR, and many shopping downstairs plus food nearby. we would be booking that hotel when we head over. :)
Thanks for your recommendations, but this metro hotel not cheap too wor, for those bigger rooms.

Ting

actually in HK if u want the good locations, they r bound to be more exp... and theirs rooms r typically small.
if u really want a big n cheap room, u hv to find those out of the city where the transport is not so convenient and also not much shops arnd, thats what i found out from my researching.

Are there any other precautions to take? As it will be my first time bringing my daughter to a winter country. Are the toilets in korea child-friendly? And anyone know of any good place to buy kids winter clothings?

ttml

Are there any other precautions to take? As it will be my first time bringing my daughter to a winter country. Are the toilets in korea child-friendly? And anyone know of any good place to buy kids winter clothings?
most toilets in korea are child-friendly. January is the coldest month in korea as it snows the most.

lekdao

Winter clothings, U can try your luck at the following address:-

Twerbies Closet
Blk 84 Marine Parade Central
#01-05 / #01-34 (located in wet market beside hawker centre)
Operating hrs:
Monday & Sunday: close (After CNY to July)
Sunday: 9am - 3pm (Aug to CNY)
Tuesday - Friday: 9am - 3pm
Saturday: 9am - 6pm
Tel: 9424 4687