advise needed:to take antenatal package or not?

lynnzo

dear all mummies/mummies to be..

i need some advise regarding this antenatal packages.is it a must to sign up for the package?is it more worth it compared to 'ala-carte' consultation?cos i see a few packages plan ady,it says ultrasound scan is separate charges.then isnt it defeat the purpose of signing up for the package?roughly how much does the paskage costs?

i am considering either Mt A or raffles hospital...any advise ladies?thanks a bunch..

joeichen

i need some advise regarding this antenatal packages.is it a must to sign up for the package?is it more worth it compared to 'ala-carte' consultation?cos i see a few packages plan ady,it says ultrasound scan is separate charges.then isnt it defeat the purpose of signing up for the package?roughly how much does the paskage costs?

i am considering either Mt A or raffles hospital...any advise ladies?thanks a bunch..
Hi, its more worth to take up the package rather than going ala-carte coz 1 time consultation is abt 100-180. Most package include unlimited times of consultation, only the 13 weeks & 20 weeks scan is nt include and abt 550-800 (depend on doc).
This is the standard type, unless u intend to have more.

apollo

take package more worth it unless u're alrdy in ur late 2nd or last trimester.. cos frm my experience, before i took up package, each visit to my gynae is about $100 - $200... e consultation itself will cost you about $60-$100 (depending on which gynae)..

if u take up package, ur mthly checkup is included with consultation, scan, urine test and only pay for those supplements like fish oil etc which is about $50-$70??

Dun forget, during the last month of pregnancy, you'll hav to visit ur gynae once a week. it's not worth paying consultation fee once a week. =)

LoVeS

Each visit u will need to pay at least $100 n by taking up package it will b much more worth it~ My last pregnancy i didnt take up package as i last min change my gynae so end up i pay so much more $$ for it~ Package is cfm more worth it~

angel_audrey

for me, it is worth it to take the package... because for the 8th month u have to go 2 a month and for your last month every week... mine is $600 at tmc, that includes the ultrasound scan, consultation, urine, which is worth $90 per visit exclude the supplements and detailed scan, blood test, etc...

lynnzo

thanks a lot ladies fro ur advise..

anyone took package from raffles hospital before?care to share how much is the package?

apollo

anyone took package from raffles hospital before?care to share how much is the package?
actually packages is depends on ur gynae not hospital. normally the price i heard is ranging from $500 to $800++... =)

just for ur reference..
i first visited gynae when during 2mths.. costs me ard $150..
the consultation charges ex..
so, comparatively, getting their package, at 700 is more worthwhile..
i started at 4mths..

Does not include the detailed scan at 5mths, cost ard $120..
Does not include additional bloodtests.. $65.. to check for hiv, std, hepatitis, bloodgrp and haematology.

lynnzo

just for ur reference..
i started at 4mths..

Does not include additional bloodtests.. $65.. to check for hiv, std, hepatitis, bloodgrp and haematology.
i ady took the blood test n the 13th week scan ady for down syndrome..i'm currently 14weeks preggie lioa..im deciding between raffles hospital or mt A to deliver my baby..

apollo

i ady took the blood test n the 13th week scan ady for down syndrome..i'm currently 14weeks preggie lioa..im deciding between raffles hospital or mt A to deliver my baby..
though u've took a down syndrome test at 13th week but there's still a detailed scan at 5th mth to check if ur baby's organs r all wking well n too confirm the gender, that's about $100++ (mine is at TMC & tt's e price)

heard lotsa raves on mt A & tmc.. maybe u can consider mt A since it's in one of ur consideration alrdy??

rainypink

Hello.. i went at week 12 leh to check for down syn. How come all of you go at week 13 huh???

And may I ask at your 13th week, what do you get from your gynae?
I got pernatal vits and folic acid until week 12.
At week 13, are there extra things to take or given by your gynae?

am i supposed to continue my prenatal vits?

I haven got any package yet. and will only be seeing my gynae on week 14.

:embarrassed:

apollo

Hello.. i went at week 12 leh to check for down syn. How come all of you go at week 13 huh???

And may I ask at your 13th week, what do you get from your gynae?
I got pernatal vits and folic acid until week 12.
At week 13, are there extra things to take or given by your gynae?

am i supposed to continue my prenatal vits?

I haven got any package yet. and will only be seeing my gynae on week 14.

:embarrassed:
down syndrome test is between 11 - 13 weeks, tt's wat i read frm the brochure.

I had folic acid also but aft about 12 or 16 weeks, I was given multivitamins & fish oil. But I request for calcium tablets as well cause I dun really like to drink milk. haha..

Ya of cos u need to continue going for prenatal check until u give birth. haha... some gynae package start from 12 weeks some only start at 20 weeks.. =)

jojoki

raffles antenatal package stars from 12 weeks gestation onwards.. its 2.2k inclusive normal delivery. pay 1.6k upfront n bal 600 after delivery. just wanna let u knw raffles is an excellent place to deliver!

jojoki

btw package includes scans, consultations, obimin n calcium tablets. u will need to pay for fish oil which cost around $48... tests are billed separately.

rainypink

down syndrome test is between 11 - 13 weeks, tt's wat i read frm the brochure.

I had folic acid also but aft about 12 or 16 weeks, I was given multivitamins & fish oil. But I request for calcium tablets as well cause I dun really like to drink milk. haha..

Ya of cos u need to continue going for prenatal check until u give birth. haha... some gynae package start from 12 weeks some only start at 20 weeks.. =)
thank you.:001_302: so it means im short of fish oil. prenatal vits = multi vits right?

calcium ah, why not if you drink milk, u dont take calcium that day lor. like me, if i feel i will be taking alot of vits and fruit juice and vege, i dont take the prenatal vits that day. i dont want everyday take medications leh.
i kiasi lah. try to natural. haha.

I meant contonie prenatal vitAMINS. :tlaugh: not the visits lah. of cuz have to go, because i want to take a look at my baby inside me!
:wong19:

apollo

thank you.:001_302: so it means im short of fish oil. prenatal vits = multi vits right?

calcium ah, why not if you drink milk, u dont take calcium that day lor. like me, if i feel i will be taking alot of vits and fruit juice and vege, i dont take the prenatal vits that day. i dont want everyday take medications leh.
i kiasi lah. try to natural. haha.

I meant contonie prenatal vitAMINS. :tlaugh: not the visits lah. of cuz have to go, because i want to take a look at my baby inside me!
:wong19:
ohoh!! sry nv read carefully haha.. think prenatal vaitamins is same as multivitamins ba.. my gynae also say is i can drink 2 glasses of milk or 1 glass milk + 1 pkt vitasoy den can skip the calcium tablet tt day but i quite kiasu somemore the calcium pills she prescribe is lower dosage den those standard one, maybe my gynae also feel i very kisau.. haha..

rainypink

hey, how much did you pay for the blood test ??

the HIV, blah blah.

rainypink

just for ur reference..
i started at 4mths..

why yours so cheap one, only $65??? Mine as $400plus leh!! its to check baby ok or not, got dwn or not. and Hiv blah blah blah also. :err: