Advise needed - travelling at 33weeks

shulyn

Hi all!

I wanted to folllow my hubby for his work trip this 28.11.08, by then im already 33 weeks pass one day.I've check with doctor and she say im fit to travel but some of my friends advise me not to...Airline still allow boarding with doctor's letter...Any advice???

Many thanks!

CanCanMum

33 weeks is abit risky...somemore with a big tummy its also not comfy seating in a plane for so long...

i travelled to HK when i was 5m pregnant...already tiring coz when i returned both my feet are swollen....canx walk for 2 days gotta put my legs up to reduce the swell...

one of my colleague's friend travelled while she was 7m going 8m pregnant and guess wad? She gave birth overseas!!!

babymoon

Hi all!

I wanted to folllow my hubby for his work trip this 28.11.08, by then im already 33 weeks pass one day.I've check with doctor and she say im fit to travel but some of my friends advise me not to...Airline still allow boarding with doctor's letter...Any advice???

Many thanks!
hi shulyn,

According to survey, the best time for pregnant women to travel is 14-28 weeks of pregnancy. If you already get your doctor advice and there should not be problems for you to travel. However, try to avoid long distance flight that might make you uncomfortable.
There are other things that you should take note too.. eg. the things you need to pack, what to take note when in travelling, drinking water there is safe? etc etc..
I gave birth at my 34 weeks.. so pls check the nearest hospital that you can get when you overseas. Do some homework before your trip will make your journey a memorable one. :tlaugh:

I've done lots of research about travelling during pregnancy and this is an upcoming trend for pregnant woman and her partner to have their "last enjoyment" before the birth of their baby. The trip is called "babymoon" which is very coincide with my daughter name "Baby Moon" :Dancing_wub:

In US, 59% of new parents have taken a babymoon and more than 2 million babymoons are taken by US parent-to-be each year.

So, which country you intend to travel to?

shulyn

33 weeks is abit risky...somemore with a big tummy its also not comfy seating in a plane for so long...

i travelled to HK when i was 5m pregnant...already tiring coz when i returned both my feet are swollen....canx walk for 2 days gotta put my legs up to reduce the swell...

one of my colleague's friend travelled while she was 7m going 8m pregnant and guess wad? She gave birth overseas!!!
Thanks CanCanMum,

Many thanks for yr advice! My hubby travelling to Jakarta, flight journey is about an hour..I jus worry i cant walk long cos feet tends to be tiring if i walk more than 2 hours...

Yr friend must be very lost at the moment right?? Hee, i worry wait my hubby not around, i may due...

shulyn

hi shulyn,

According to survey, the best time for pregnant women to travel is 14-28 weeks of pregnancy. If you already get your doctor advice and there should not be problems for you to travel. However, try to avoid long distance flight that might make you uncomfortable.
There are other things that you should take note too.. eg. the things you need to pack, what to take note when in travelling, drinking water there is safe? etc etc..
I gave birth at my 34 weeks.. so pls check the nearest hospital that you can get when you overseas. Do some homework before your trip will make your journey a memorable one. :tlaugh:

I've done lots of research about travelling during pregnancy and this is an upcoming trend for pregnant woman and her partner to have their "last enjoyment" before the birth of their baby. The trip is called "babymoon" which is very coincide with my daughter name "Baby Moon" :Dancing_wub:

In US, 59% of new parents have taken a babymoon and more than 2 million babymoons are taken by US parent-to-be each year.

So, which country you intend to travel to?
Hi Babymoon,

Many thanks for all your helpful tips, travelling to Jakarta for his work trip...Actually my hubby know i yearn to go, cos i always follow him for his work trip if its a short one (approx 3 days). Just that my concern is im not so energetic as before, my tummy is very big now, i just worry i may tired out..

I just went for blood test for checking diabetic today, doctor say at 31 weeks, my tummy is very big and she check water level is high...So i just worry with such a big tummy, i may not be able to take it...

babymoon

Hi Babymoon,

Many thanks for all your helpful tips, travelling to Jakarta for his work trip...Actually my hubby know i yearn to go, cos i always follow him for his work trip if its a short one (approx 3 days). Just that my concern is im not so energetic as before, my tummy is very big now, i just worry i may tired out..

I just went for blood test for checking diabetic today, doctor say at 31 weeks, my tummy is very big and she check water level is high...So i just worry with such a big tummy, i may not be able to take it...
It more depends on your mood and seems like you quite worry about the trip, I would suggest you choose either go or not go asp.. Once you have decided to go, don't think too much but get ready all the things and start do homework about the trip. Enjoy the babymoon trip and avoid all negative thinking. (must with your gynae says ok hor :001_302:)

If you decided don't go, then relax your mind.. I think this is the best way for you and your baby :tlaugh:

January84

Hi all!

Many thanks!
shulyn, airline allows travel up to 35 weeks, though they arrange ur seat nearest to the exit, but u get tired easily although its a 1 hour flight.

and the F&B there u sure u can adapt? If yes and really keen to go, then forget about al worries and just go. Start talking to your BB to let u have a enjoyable and stressfree trip!

* I went to Thailand when I was 6 months pregnent last year, cannot tahan during the flight and thought that the seat wasnt comfy at all. In Thailand, all meals was taken in resturants as my DH doesnt want to risk me by having roadside stall (1 - i got weak tummy, 2 - got baby). During my trip there, after breakfast we go walk walk then go back hotel to rest, then went to lunch and shop shop, then go high tea, after that, go back hotel rest again till dinner, then shop shop again then they all go foot message, I only sat and see them enjoy =( . . . hahah... )*

so as long as u work your plans well and ensure u will not tired out yourself, then set your mind to enjoy this 二人世界 one last time ba!

veronica

So envy you all...preggy still can travel...

I personally think not to risk since you are already 33 weeks. Anyway you have plenty of chance to follow your DH next time la.

Just endure for this time and enjoy your pregnancy !!

shulyn

Dear Babymoon, January 84 and Veronica,

Once again, thanks for the advice. Think i got to cancel the trip, cos very dissappointed, i went for my last check up, doc say my tummy very big at 31 weeks, water level high, suggest i went for diabetic check on last sat, and the shock is i got diabetic, this mon gonna go back see doctor again for review. My parents also advice not to go as im not so active as before...

Does anyone start encounter pain on 31 weeks, i told doc and she say its still too early, usually happens a month before birth. I started to feel pressure at my bottom and in between thigh area, i can feel cramp when i get in and out of the car, night time when i go toilet, i feel the thigh pain when getting down bed...

CanCanMum

u mean gestational diabetes? I got it also when i was 36weeks, 2 weeks prior to my delivery date. But mine was mild and gynae said can just ignore. Anyway den its beta for u not to travel.

errmm...crampy pains yes....dink when 36weeks tat time only...not at 31 weeks. 31 weeks still up and running. :p

has yr bb turned down head down already?

babymoon

hmm.. i think i couldn't advise you about diabetes coz didn't encounter this and i didn't got much info. try to follow ur gynae's advise and always have someone (ur DH or maid or family members) accompany you during day or night time.. just in case have earlier delivery.. =)

January84

Dear Babymoon, January 84 and Veronica,

Does anyone start encounter pain on 31 weeks, i told doc and she say its still too early, usually happens a month before birth. I started to feel pressure at my bottom and in between thigh area, i can feel cramp when i get in and out of the car, night time when i go toilet, i feel the thigh pain when getting down bed...
welcome... oh dear, then u better have plenty of rest now and also watch your diet...

encounter pain might be cos BB too big and so it will put more pressure to you, cramp and pain are parts and parcel during the last trimester. . .

go easey on your actions, must be real gentle and slow cos sometimes we might hurt outselves without knowing it.. eg, getting in/out of car at a certain pace, etc...

shulyn

u mean gestational diabetes? I got it also when i was 36weeks, 2 weeks prior to my delivery date. But mine was mild and gynae said can just ignore. Anyway den its beta for u not to travel.

errmm...crampy pains yes....dink when 36weeks tat time only...not at 31 weeks. 31 weeks still up and running. :p

has yr bb turned down head down already?
Yap! Jus went back for review on mon doc say its gestational diabetic, mine seem to be on the high side so i must gonna follow the strict diet. I must pick the needle on my finger 7 times a day...so sad and its painful! Doc find that my weight, tummy and bb quite big so she suspect and ask me to go for a glucose test. I started gaining weight when i was in my 4th mth, prob my diabetic started from there...

my crampy pains was at my thigh area, but it started at 31 weeks, doc say it too early..i read the weekly bb growth, bb head has turn down..

shulyn

welcome... oh dear, then u better have plenty of rest now and also watch your diet...

encounter pain might be cos BB too big and so it will put more pressure to you, cramp and pain are parts and parcel during the last trimester. . .

go easey on your actions, must be real gentle and slow cos sometimes we might hurt outselves without knowing it.. eg, getting in/out of car at a certain pace, etc...
Thanks alot for e advice! Pains do exist on 3rd trimenster but mine seems to be earlier so im kind of worry...nowadays my movement is slower esp getting in out of the car and bed...hopes everything will be fine...

babymoon

hi shulyn,

you take care. you know who got outing on 14dec? guess you can't make it right? then you should join us IF we have 2nd or 3rd outing.. hehe..
btw, i start collecting ideas and suggestions about my babymoon travelling information guide, do appreciate if you could contribute some and share with me. just click the link below. i will give FREE copy of the ebook when done. =)
i also have some collection on parenting ebooks, is informative and useful for you too.. just go click the link and get your copy ok.. FREE too.. hehe..
oklah, chat again.. =)