Advise on Bra

Yellywoo

Alpha Male
Sorry, 1st timer and asking onbehalf of my wife...

She's been complaining that her bra is getting too tight now (5th month) and we went to some mother care shops, see bra's for breastfeeding only... And no one in the shop seems to be able to give advise (coz all young sales girls).

Qns;
1. Are there any special type of bra that she need to be wearing now? If yes, where can get those?
2. Can she still go for normal bra (just buy bigger size)

Thanks in advance!

lis

i bought sports bras frm Pierre Cardin..it's v comfortable..no underwire..

eyktay

I just bought bra extensions, so no need waste so much $.

Anyway, the following was some info I archived myself when I had my #1 & #2, can't rem from where, but may come useful to you....HTH, congrats!
- How do I determine my size?

It's an amazing fact: 7 out of 10 women are wearing the wrongbra . . . but taking just a few minutes to determine your correctsize can make a world of difference in the way you look and feel!

While wearing a bra, follow these simple steps:

1.Determining Band Size Measure around torso just under the armsand above the breasts. Be sure to keep the tape level all the wayaround. If necessary, round up to an even number to calculate yourband size.

2.Double Check Band Size Double check your bra size bymeasuring snug (but not tight) around the torso just below thebreasts. Add 5" to this measurement to calculate the band size. Ifthe result is an odd number such as 35", rounding up to thenearest even number (36") is usually accurate, though roundingdown to 34" may work better for some figure types.

3.Determining Cup Size Measure around the fullest part of thebustline, keeping the tape measure level. Deduct the calculatedband size as described in steps 1 and 2 above. Each 1" differenceequals one cup size (1" or less is an "A" cup, a 2" difference is a"B" cup and so on).

Helpful Hints If the measurement in part two is 40" or greater, add3 1/2" for a more precise fit, rounding up to an even number ifnecessary.

Because every woman's body is unique, you may discover the calculatedsize does not always translate to a perfect fit. For best results,try on several different styles and sizes to find the bra that worksbest for you.

It's a good idea to re-check your measurements, especially if you'veexperienced changes in weight, your level of activity, or if you areexpecting a baby.

Front closure styles usually lack adjustability in the band size,which makes paying attention to the fit even more important.

Replace your bras when they no longer offer the support you need tolook and feel your best.

Checkpoints:
1.Cups - if they aren't filled out, it indicates a smaller cup sizeis needed. If the breasts overflow at the top, push out to the sidesor towards the center, try a larger size or a different style.

2.Center Seam - should lie flatly against the chest.

3.Straps - shouldn't slip or leave ridges or red marks on shoulders.

4.Bra Band - the lower edge should anchor below the shoulder blades.If it rides up, the straps may be too tight, the cups too small, orthe band size too large.

Special Hints During Pregnancy:
Changes in the breast size, along with increased sensitivity are oneof the first signs of pregnancy. By the third trimester, the weightof the breast nearly doubles; the bra size can increase at least oneband size and one to three cup sizes.

For maximum comfort, purchase a maternity bra as soon as your fashionbras are no longer comfortable. Bras made especially for pregnantwomen are usually more adjustable than fashion bras and offer morecomplete breast coverage for more comfortable support.

Special Hints While Nursing:
Breastfeeding mothers will find nursing bras have the same comfortfeatures as maternity bras, with the added convenience of bra cupsthat drop down or pull aside for discreet breastfeeding.

Nursing bras should be purchased towards the end of the lasttrimester to ensure a fit that will accommodate the fuller breast.And many new moms are happy to learn that a properly fittedunderwire bra will not interfere with the breastfeeding process.

Last edited:

Yellywoo

Alpha Male
ekytay, Thanks so much for the info!!

hummm... But I dont understand most of it hahaha... Will pass the info to my wife. Really appreciate your respond!

qristeele

I bought normal bras too. I bought one cup larger and I also bought those bra hook extensions. They're cheap and are a godsend!