Advise on Exclusive Pumping

I'm using medela pisa and pumpin pals flanges. Used to use medela mini electric plus. Their standard flanges were killing my nipples! I pumped 7 times a day, every 2-3 hourly

I used to pump 7-8 times a day for about 6 mths as well. It is not painful for me. Think mayb I m used to it or mayb the pump is good. I m using medela Pisa as well.

SJMom

I was using Pigeon but changing to Ameda. Hopefully I can increase pumping session.

The thing about me is no matter how many times I pump, the total output is the same.

So I got lazy and only pump 3 times a day :(

I agree. Using the suitable flanges and good pump will not only increase your supply, it decreases the discomfort as well. I can certainly feel the differences after changing.

Sarah34343

My favorite breast pump - https://aliexpress.com My friend recommended this pump to me. I get more milk from this pump than my insurance covered pump. I switched initially because my pump had way too many parts to clean & I ended up loosing a piece on n the cleaning process. This one be is soooooo much easier to keep clean. Love that. It’s portable! The base fits into my fanny pack or side pocket of workout pants. I would recommend this pump if your looking for an affordable portable pump option.

Last edited:

Amy Gan

hello mummies, i would like to understand - if my baby is latching well, will i need to purchase a pump? i'm worried if i do not have a pump, then it may cause a blocked duct. i read this article and it said that if there is too much milk, it could lead to an engorgement: womensweekly.com.sg/gallery/family/tips-on-breastfeeding-new-mothers-singapore/

also, would like to know when did you mummies start breast feeding? is it right after delivery?