Affair with other woman

Carlisle

My best friends husband had an affair with other woman that he meet on a company outing at the beach, But he says it's over and wants to make their marriage work. The problem is she can't forget it, She think about his betrayal every day.... i keep on telling him to move on. but she says she can't do... How can i help my best friend to move on?

diymummy

I think since her hubby confessed (I assume he confessed) to the affair, he has to be the one taking active steps to re-build that trust, eg, updating where he is going and who he is with, meeting a curfew, letting her control his finances/reading his emails/sms. (These are just suggestions)

It is normal for your best friend to feel so much dis-trust especially because a marriage is built on trust and her husband breached that.

She can only help herself. Likewise, she is the only person who can destroy everything.
However, if she really can't forget then what good will the family be?
Tell her to give herself sometime alone to think it over.
Useless to force herself to stay in this relationsip if she place particular emhasis on the extramarital affair of her husband.

My best friends husband had an affair with other woman that he meet on a company outing at the beach, But he says it's over and wants to make their marriage work. The problem is she can't forget it, She think about his betrayal every day.... i keep on telling him to move on. but she says she can't do... How can i help my best friend to move on?

Triquetra

I agree with diymummy... The husband has to rebuild that trust, it's not easy and he shouldn't expect it to be.