After c-sect.

drmoomoo

Hi mummies, it is true that mummies cannot carry baby after c-sect? Did any mother take egg during confinement period? After the first month, it is ok to take seafood?

chiro

think gynaes will say u cannot carry anything heavier than your baby.

probably in the first few weeks will be painful for you...if its really painful get someone to help u carry .. to u to bf..

when my hubby was around for the first 1-2 weeks at home, he jus help me to carry baby to me to latch him on...

only when he go back to work that im on my own...

think so long as egg is cooked is ok lor...

Hi mummies, it is true that mummies cannot carry baby after c-sect? Did any mother take egg during confinement period? After the first month, it is ok to take seafood?

apple_san

I rest t hospital for one week due to c-section and still on confinement right now. I started to look aft my little one during the night time from the day, i discharge till now (3weeks) . So should not be a problem by carrying your baby. My MIL allow me to eat chicken & egg after 12days from my c-section. My gynae said avoid crab & prawn for 6-8weeks But I think better avoid all seafood for few months to pray save... Actually, my MIL boiled cai xin (veg) with lean meat & red dates drink for me to cure my wound fast.. Dont is it true but may try:)

yukimaxx

I think what matters most is your body condition. If you do not feel pain carrying your baby, then it should not be a problem. I carried my baby during 2nd day at the hospital after my c-sect.

My MIL didn't mention that I cannot take eggs, however, I was told not to take any seafood for fear of infection. I could only take when my wound has healed completely. I took after 1 month plus.

THE SAID'S

When i had c-sect for my 2 pregnancies, i was advised by my gynae not to carry heavy stuff. Fortunately, my babies were all bornt below 3kg hence, rather light for my arms too. Did yr gyna advise you to put on abdominal binder/support? I found it very useful after c-sect to give my pelvic as well as abdominal area support while walking or moving.
As i'm not a seafood fan, i only ate fish during my confinement.

meiteoh

It's not true that you cannot carry your baby - you can but it all depends on whether you feel uncomfortable about it (pain or soreness and etc). Personally, I think that you should care for your baby in the first few weeks and not get someone else to do the carrying. Have so many friends who did that and they find it so hard to comfort the baby or calm the baby down when it's them who carry their baby.

Urm, I can't remember what I exactly took for my confinement - LOL - but I know egg with ginger was one of them. No prawns and crabs (coz in Switzerland they are super ex) but I took a bite of some sambal sotong secretly. I had lots of salmon during my confinement too. And after the first month, upon moving to Singapore where the seafood is cheaper, I've been eating prawns, stingray and all.

My wound? Gynae say it's all good and clear - healed internally and the wound is lovely. Me? I never had a single problem with it. And mind you, I was also helping out with the move from Europe to here plus doing the housechores, cleaning and all.

camom

I also think it depends on how gd you feel and your body condition.

I had C sec for both kids (1 emergency, 1 elective) but wasn't told not to carry them. Both my kids weight at least 8lb each but I was up and carrying them the moment the drip came off.

Besides seafood (though I broke that taboo. I had seafood sandwich at Delifrance on the day I was discharged), I was told not to eat chicken for the 1st 2 wks.

yyt47

Thats not true...i carried my little one on my 2nd day after my C-Sec. As long as u feel comfortable & no discomfort, shld be ok. of course dun carry anything heavier in case it hurt yr wound/yrself....(like pregnancy period)

I am in confinement period now for my #2 and I am taking egg only recently like after 1 wk....As for seafood, better stay away for at least a mth...prevent wound infections according to both my mum & MIL. Chicken shld also be taken lesser but more fish instead to get wound heal faster....

snowbear

I had no problems carrying my little one at all after c-sect...

My mil says to stay away from seafood for 4 mths but i ate prawns after the first month... My aunt also said after c-sect cannot eat chicken for the first 2 weeks.