After Delivery - Scheduled/Follow up Appointments

FirstTimeDad

Dear Mummies,

I would like to know after giving birth(discharged from hospital), how frequent do you(mummy) and Baby needs to go back to hospital(or Polyclinic) for scheduled/follow up appointments?

I'm asking because, I'm planning for my wife to delivery at KKH(TPS), and do her confinement in Johor, as her family is staying in Johor, and my Mother-In-Law can look after her better 24/7.

I've also asked ICA, and most likely Baby's Passport will be ready in about a week time. Therefore Mummy first week confinement will be in Singapore and Week#2 will be in Johor.

My main worry/concern, is that if Mummy or Baby have any health issue, they'll have to seek immediate medical attention at Johor Hospital instead.

Gif

I m not very sure, but my experienceis that have to check for jaundice one week after birth, n return again if baby has jaundice still. And mother has to return within one month for post surgery follow up too. And baby has to have appointment with paedie at end of first month.

chaw

I am not sure, but my experienceies that baby have to check up at one week after bith. Mummy have to check up at one week after birth if c-sec and then one month later again. And baby has to have injection.

babymonster

i went back hosp one week after i delivered for post-natal chkup. as for bb, made a trip to polyclinic almost on mthly basis up to 6 mths, then 9th/12th/15th/18th..

MamyBaby

Mummy needs to bring baby check up for jaundice after 2 to 3 days after delivery if baby was ok in hospital after born. If baby suffer jaundice, need to consult doctor if need to stay in hospital depends on the jaundice level. if baby no need to stay in hospital maybe need to go hospital few times to check jaundice level until doctor advise no need to go back lo... Normally need to check for 3 or 4 times.
I delivered in JB government hospital. The service was very good. The nurse came to my house to do checkup for me and my new born. If baby suffer jaundice then need to go clinic check, if not then they will come few times to confirm. They will also help to check on mummies' wound.