After giving birth...

minako85

Hi mummies who give birth before...

Is it true that after u give birth(natural birth) ur bones will become slightly bigger? ?

allycat

Well whethere natural or cs, the pelvic bone does expand to accommodate the foetus, if tt is what u r asking. But it will go back to almost normal size after birth

apollo

Tks.... Hw abt other parts of the body? Will they expand too?
other parts? u mean those area that we gain? for me, i'm bk to pre-preg size 2 weeks aft delivery. as for the pelvic part, i cant ans u cos i went thru c-sect =)

ellyeun

apollo how long did u take to recover from csect ? as in after how many days then u get out from the bed ? discharge? walk around without any assistance?
im gg for csect, would like to find out more abt it...

apollo

apollo how long did u take to recover from csect ? as in after how many days then u get out from the bed ? discharge? walk around without any assistance?
im gg for csect, would like to find out more abt it...
next day. i stayed in hospital for 3 nights. and the next day i get down to walk was w/o any assistance and support. my gynae came in the morning and told me to come down to walk in the noon, she told me to get the nurse to help me but i didnt since my family members were ard. fyi, u HAVE to come down and walk the next day, they will not let u discharge until u walk and pee.

at 1st the pain was lik the wound is going to tear apart. but i hold onto my wound and walk, and also, i did use a binder and it really helps alot, maybe becos of the pressure.

dont wry, it is very pain during the 1st few days but as long as you walk frequently, the wound will recover faster. my CL commented that i can walk very steadily compared with the other c-sect mummies she seen, think maybe becos i keep walk and walk. haha..

ellyeun

i guesss both natural and csect has it's scary parts... and how long does the wound heals??
1more month for me... and im like freaking out...

Mummy to Baby V

My baby was very big for my size: 3.5kg while my pre-pregnancy weight is only 42kg.
Thus, my abdominal muscles were over-stretched. Tummy bulges out a little even after 21 months.
I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight after a few months.

Just visited a Physiotherapist for appropriate belly exercises.
If concerned about size or shape after birth, do seek professional advice before exercising.

ping26

Tks.... Hw abt other parts of the body? Will they expand too?
My friends' shoe size went up permanently. For me, it took me almost 1 year before I could wear my old shoes. There are some pairs that I still can't wear comfortably.

bra cup size - still bigger
tops - still can't wear some clothes (have to ditch soon)
pants & some skirts - can wear but I still look bigger =.=

I think mummy's age, diet & fitness/shape are some factors that contribute to the ability to "shrink back".

cheekbe

thanks.... Hw about other parts of the body? Will they expand too?
Hi minako85,

I had a natural birth and I can fit back (baby is now 10 months) into my old jeans so I guess my pelvic bones went back to pre-pregnancy size. But I still cannot wear my tops because my breast went from a B cup to a D cup! even after losing the weight I have to throw away all my old bras.... but I think everyone is different. For me my baby was quite small so maybe that's why my pelvis didnt have to open much. For the bras size my friend says that her breast are actually smaller now than before pregnancy!

hueychye79

I still remember I walk in 2nd day after c-sect.

It's really kill me initially but as same experience with Apollo mummies the more you walk it recover fast.

Actuall the worst part is can't control the pee after take out the tube.

apollo

I still remember I walk in 2nd day after c-sect.

It's really kill me initially but as same experience with Apollo mummies the more you walk it recover fast.

Actuall the worst part is can't control the pee after take out the tube.
how come? i was okay aft they took out the tube..

Renzie

hmm, I'm almost back to my pre-pregnancy size after 9 months. It's the last few inches that take the longest to go off. I don't purposely go on any diet or exercise plans. I can fit into my old jeans but its abit tight at the waist for me. Breasts and Hips have more or less shrink back to its previous size.