After Work lifestyle....

mamasweety

Mummies, as a FTWM, u must be v v tired to do anything once u are back home.

What do mummies do once u are back home?
Cooking? Cleaning? Washing?
Shouting? Screaming? Nagging?

Tell me....

mamasweety

My PIL used to stay with us..
So cooking and some cleaning was done for....
I just need to reach home and eat....

Now my PIL have move out.
I have to fetch all my sons from various locations and go back home.
Then I have to start cooking first.

Cos nowadays my 1st son appetite was solid wor.. Can eat 2 plates of rice...

Then start my shouting and screaming.. heeheehee..
Washing wud be 2-3 times a week.....

jojanimm

I am currently still on no-pay leave. Baby just turned 3 months today. Still don't know how I would juggle between work and my baby. I am a teacher and usually still have marking or lesson preparation to do even when I am at home after work. A bt worried that I will not have quality time with my child after I go back to work.

mamasweety

I am currently still on no-pay leave. Baby just turned 3 months today. Still don't know how I would juggle between work and my baby. I am a teacher and usually still have marking or lesson preparation to do even when I am at home after work. A bt worried that I will not have quality time with my child after I go back to work.
Haiz.... I guess this is wat all FTWM will hv and need to go thru...
Unless quit job......

everyday aft werk i'll go to my mum's place in tamp to visit my doter before i go home at ard 11pm..if i have my dance practices then i wont be visiting my baby.. :frown:...everyday like tat...so i m nvr hm early...soooo tiring....n becoz my doter stays at my mum's place most of the time, she's so attached to my mum...always call out for her granny even when she's out with me...very xian!!..

mamasweety

everyday aft werk i'll go to my mum's place in tamp to visit my doter before i go home at ard 11pm..if i have my dance practices then i wont be visiting my baby.. :frown:...everyday like tat...so i m nvr hm early...soooo tiring....n becoz my doter stays at my mum's place most of the time, she's so attached to my mum...always call out for her granny even when she's out with me...very xian!!..

Hmmm.....elmo.... Time to spend more tiem with her liao... :)

stefneo

tasha's elmo

what's your kid's name? tasha?? my 7 months old girl is named Tasha. just curious ....

don't be sad. my 1st kid now 7 is also look after by granny and was very detached from me. I was actually very sad and disappointed. but my gynae told me that mommies all have a special place in their kiddo's heart and it;'s true. at about 2.5 years old, she started to be closer to me, maybe becoz I stop travelling for work and spend more time with her (especially the weekends). Now, I am her no. ONE person. I sometimes use myself as a threat if she don't listen. I tell her I will go far away (very bad of me actually, I tell myself to only use this as last resort).

it will change for better as they grow up. I must say that I am going slow on my career for my 2 girls. I think it is 100% worth it seeing them grow up and being closer to me for everything.

good luck and be patient.

Last edited:

Dymples

Mummies, as a FTWM, u must be v v tired to do anything once u are back home.

What do mummies do once u are back home?
Cooking? Cleaning? Washing?
Shouting? Screaming? Nagging?

Tell me....
Thks God no cooking, cleaning, washing cos that's done by the maid, but definately lots of:
1) Conflict management --> screaming & yelling at the gals not to fight, stop throwing tantrums, etc.
2) Time mamgement --> rushing gals to bathe, drink night feed and off to bed.
3) Finance --> calculating monthly budget, settling bills, etc.
4) Staff management --> ensure maid completes all chores before she goes off to bed

At the end of the day, I'm so super exhausted, there's no time for couple down-time. Just straight off to bed.

Simplyher

After work hours are normally spent checking Homework and going through spelling...I sometims stay up for me time...like doing my blog or getting in touch with other mommies in forums!

aft wrk, tk my bath & clear my mind & body!

dan i hug hug & tok to my lil ds...chat wz my dh...aft ds zzz, dan we wil turn in lo..

my dh will assist wz hse wrk, sm xs my offday will be Maid's Day! (doin all hse wrk):tlaugh:

bpquek

Hi

Go to Hougang to fetch my bb, dinner hubby will ta bao and he go to work. Then elder son will look after bb, i shower, eat dinner, then wash clothes. Nagging on my elder son school works and playing with bb, then put bb to sleep at 7-8pm. Then me and elder son will sleep at 9pm, need to wake up to feed bb with milk.

Thks God no cooking, cleaning, washing cos that's done by the maid, but definately lots of:
1) Conflict management --> screaming & yelling at the gals not to fight, stop throwing tantrums, etc.
2) Time mamgement --> rushing gals to bathe, drink night feed and off to bed.
3) Finance --> calculating monthly budget, settling bills, etc.
4) Staff management --> ensure maid completes all chores before she goes off to bed

At the end of the day, I'm so super exhausted, there's no time for couple down-time. Just straight off to bed.
You are really lucky, Dymples, I haf a maid too but unfortunately...... sigh... i haf to cook coz my maid can't cook (initially b4 hire her, she said she can!!!) After tat, I will haf to bath n make my DD to sleep coz she will screams n wails if my maid were to do it.. Then I haf to feed my 6 dogs as well coz dogs oso dun wan maid to feed.. sigh... N last of all, yelling n screaming at maid coz she always doesn't finish her task or forgetting this, forgetting tat.. (Really wondering am I or her who is the maid???) Last of all, sleeping time, usually at 11pm or even later.. N everyday I haf to get up at 6am.. Really tiring n exhausted....:frown:

Dymples

Hi Maltesefamily,

I'm very fussy with my maid. If they say cannot cook, then out they go. If they dun do the housework properly, out they go to. I mean, I pay them $300+ not to laze around. Some maids are really good at pretending. Say dunno how to do this, dunno how to do that. In end the mam do everything?? Like that dun have maid better right??

When I hired my maid, initially she also told me can cook. Then for 1st 2 weeks, her cooking sucks plus housework not done satisfactorily. So I "told" her off. I told her that I hire her to do 3 things - cook, clean & wash. If she cannot do these simple things, then she better go back philippines. No loss to me cos there are loads of other maids for me to choose. Then I got my mom in to "teach" her to cook for 1 week. When my mom was teaching her, my mom told me that the maid actually can cook one. Only pretend pretend only. This is a really common trick that most maids will try. Then if the mam end up doing things, they will laugh lor.

After the teaching period, I gave my maid an ultimatum. Improve on the cooking & cleaning by month's end or out she goes. And she "miraculously" improves lor. I also her I may be easy going that I allow her to rest during the afternoon, she can read mags and newspaper, listen to radio, etc. But if the housework is not done, I come down really hard on her. So she also knows I "mean business".

So now, we have a great working relationship. Although now and then I still conduct spot checks to keep her on her toes.

tasha's elmo

what's your kid's name? tasha?? my 7 months old girl is named Tasha. just curious ....

don't be sad. my 1st kid now 7 is also look after by granny and was very detached from me. I was actually very sad and disappointed. but my gynae told me that mommies all have a special place in their kiddo's heart and it;'s true. at about 2.5 years old, she started to be closer to me, maybe becoz I stop travelling for work and spend more time with her (especially the weekends). Now, I am her no. ONE person. I sometimes use myself as a threat if she don't listen. I tell her I will go far away (very bad of me actually, I tell myself to only use this as last resort).

it will change for better as they grow up. I must say that I am going slow on my career for my 2 girls. I think it is 100% worth it seeing them grow up and being closer to me for everything.

good luck and be patient.

thx stefneo...i really hope that one day she'll look for me...when i visited her at my mum's place, she's not soo excited but when my sis came back hm she can jump like crazy...very xian leh...hope wat u said happen to me..

my DD's name is natasha...n she loves elmo...

You are really lucky, Dymples, I haf a maid too but unfortunately...... sigh... i haf to cook coz my maid can't cook (initially b4 hire her, she said she can!!!) After tat, I will haf to bath n make my DD to sleep coz she will screams n wails if my maid were to do it.. Then I haf to feed my 6 dogs as well coz dogs oso dun wan maid to feed.. sigh... N last of all, yelling n screaming at maid coz she always doesn't finish her task or forgetting this, forgetting tat.. (Really wondering am I or her who is the maid???) Last of all, sleeping time, usually at 11pm or even later.. N everyday I haf to get up at 6am.. Really tiring n exhausted....:frown:

it's time to train the maid...

tamarind

Maltesefamily,
You should send your maid away and get a new one.

My maid is not super capable or super fast, but she can cook and clean and take care of my kids. I will do the laundry, which is only putting clothes in the washing machine. My maid will put in the dryer. After work, I can spend time teaching my kids, or just lie down in front of the TV.

Take a look at my blog about how to manage maids.

Hiring a maid in Singapore: How to manage a maid

leesm105

with maid also many problems...

me no maid, thus must rush ...fetch my ds frm cc, then follow by dd frm bbsitter (If dh need to work ot else not so rush like mad).
Then, go pack food, reach home, bath ds. dinner with him or feed him, dd also want to join us to have a few mouth..:)
laundry, boild water n change...etc

shopaholic

Most of the time, will go back to inlaws' place together with hubby for dinner then fetch the kids home. On some days where I feel I need a break, will meet hubby outside for dinner, walk in the malls before returning to fetch the kids. Once home, we will do some housework like laundry, boil water, wash bottles, vacuuming etc. And if inlaws hvt bath the kids, then I will do so. I try not to scold the kids as I already hv very little time with them but easier said than done, occasionally will still lose temper lah. :001_302:

BABYKAPO

I hv a stay-in nanny to look after my ds and a maid to do the cleaning chores as both me, dh and ILS are working.. ds is now 6 months plus thus only play and babytalk with him after work:bbiggrin:

We will still head home after work to accompany our dearest baby and every Friday will be my private time with dh or friends..