afternoon naps

Lana17

hi mummies,

did u train yr bb for naps??? i need to carry my bb everytime during nap time, n when i put him down on his bed, he will wake up 30 mins after n cry .. try to put himback to sleep but didnt want, initally thought he wasnt tired but then he starts to cry/ being fussy after 10mins....

any advise?? my back is killing me hving to carry him.. he got no pb at all sleeping at night it's jus in the afternoon n seems to be fighting against sleeping, n making himslef so tired n being fussy sometime *sigh*

thx a lot :)

kylnn

How old is your baby? Mine was also like that for her afternoon naps, but stabilized after 3 mths old.

When u put her down, try putting her down sideways and not flat on back. My baby usually would wake up if placed on back.
Then quickly surround her with pillows and cover across waist area with a light blanket to give her a feeling of security.

Otherwise, try using yaolan~

Celz

If its newborn can try swaddling to give a sense of security. Mine was like tat too... But sadly, she Refuse swaddling, so ended up put her in electric yaolan at wk3 even though I din wanna introduce it before full month.

How old is your baby? Mine 3.5mths, and her napping duration is from 30mins to 45mins the max. Hardly can exceed an hour unless she's very tired. I heard from my friend that her bb also like this.

sjchan

My baby also sleep very less and like to be carried to sleep when she is around 1 ~ 4 months. Her nap very short, about 30 - 1hr (the max). After she grow up older, she can sleep more and no need to be carried anymore. Since she about 3 months, I try to pat her at her baby cot and sing to her to coax her to sleep. After few weeks, she seems get used to it and can sleep longer now (1 - 2.5 hr each).

Lana17

thx mummies for yr posts :)

my bb is 3 1/2 months old... i think the pb is staying asleep after putting him down on his bed.. he wakes up after 30mins n cant or dun want to sleep anymore n will cry sometime ... seems like its a normal duration for bb naps.. i would thought tht its better for bb to nap like at least 1.5hr or 2hrs...

hope he will sleeps longer as he gets older

Lana17

by the way, how many naps did yr bb hv per day?? like 2 or 3 naps?? mine is like 3 naps but around 30 mins each time..not alot right, i mean iterm of tming??!!!

Firstbbgirl

Lana, me too !!!my 3 mth old bb is also sleeping only 30-45 mins per nap and 3times during daytime but she has no problem sleeping at night!!

so maybe it's not a problem but normal for some babies, like ours!?!?!!

xiaodaisy

i dont have problem on getting my baby to nap since young , she's rather auto on napping cos she sleeps alot , really alot that type lol !!

she can sleep up to 20-22hrs during newborn time and now at 8mths , she still sleep about 16-18hrs per day ..

but as she grows bigger , sometimes she wants me to pat her n sing her a song , but usually before i end my song , she's alrdy in lala land ...

to make baby sleep better , i always try to give her a baby massage before sleep , thus she can sleep comfortably =)

Rye

My baby is the same. Each daytime nap only about 30 mins n to the exact timing too n about 3 times each day. To get her to nap longer than 30 mins, only once a day if shes cooperative she will stretch to 1 hr 55 mins n only if you carry her to sleep after she wakes up 30 mins into the nap. But night time sleep is not a pb. She will put herself to sleep at night while daytime u gotta carry her until shes almost in lala land.. Very tiring too. 8.2 kg... I'm growing muscles! :)