AIA Star Shield or GE Junior Care

ziggyy

Alpha Male
AIA Star Shield or GE Junior Protector

Comparing between AIA Star Shield and GE's Junior Protector as my baby will be going to infant care soon...

Thinking of getting something just in case of hospital visits for stuff like HFMD and the common illnesses a child gets in a childcare centre...

Already have a pte shield plan for my kid by the way.

Any comments or other suggestions? Already have 2 agents from AIA & GE but prefer opinions/suggestions from here.

Thanks!

Last edited:

mama_aki

Hi there! Me also looking at these two..

From what I see, AIA one seems to have more items covered but I feel GE one is substantial enough and the coverage higher for about the same price of premium paid. But I read the brochure seems GE one only covers from age 1 onwards?

I considering whether to sign up AIA one for this year, since my girl enrolling IFC next month and then switch to GE one at age 1.

You?

Hi there! Me also looking at these two..

From what I see, AIA one seems to have more items covered but I feel GE one is substantial enough and the coverage higher for about the same price of premium paid. But I read the brochure seems GE one only covers from age 1 onwards?

I considering whether to sign up AIA one for this year, since my girl enrolling IFC next month and then switch to GE one at age 1.

You?
My girl is enrolling into IFC soon and this type of insurance would be good. Can we do that? As in sign up AIA first then switch to GE when they turn 1 yr old? AIA covers less than 1 yr old?

mama_aki

I clarified that GE Junior Protector also covers from below 1 years old (they state as age next birthday 1 year old onwards)

Most prob will be taking GE up as I feel better reputation than AIA.

For Tenet, what are the 13 infectious diseases? Are they those that infant/ children are susceptible to? Kindly share more.. never really heard of Tenet so duno how reliable..

ziggyy

Alpha Male
Hi Stomblessed, the Tenet plan looks good but requires at least a parent to be on the plan before the child can get it. And for the child, its 25% of of the parent's sum insured (for example, hospital benefit, parents' plan is $50, if child is hospitalized, its $12.50 if I'm correct)

It's a timely reminder that we'll need to protect ourselves first and I'll go through it again but as our baby is going into infant care soon, I think it'll be better to get something for her for the time being. HMFD and food poisoning are my main concerns for now.

ziggyy

Alpha Male
Aki, did you manage to get a quote for the GE plan? Haven't called my agent cos I wanted to get more information about the plan first.

I like AIA because of its monthly cash for things such as coma, etc but other than that, I'm also leaning towards the GE plan too.

Click on the second link which on stormblessed's reply, you'll see the list of infectious disease.

Somebody can probably phrase this better than me but... yes, as these plans are on an annual basis, you can change them yearly but do note that if your child has gotten severely ill before, the insurer might not want to take him/her on.

I clarified that GE Junior Protector also covers from below 1 years old (they state as age next birthday 1 year old onwards)

Most prob will be taking GE up as I feel better reputation than AIA.

For Tenet, what are the 13 infectious diseases? Are they those that infant/ children are susceptible to? Kindly share more.. never really heard of Tenet so duno how reliable..
The list of the 13 diseases are in my post above. There's a link there.