air con or fan?

meiteoh

It depends.

If the day has been cool (ie raining all the day long or late evening/afternoon), then it's the fan at high speed. If it has been hot hot hot, it's the air con (at 28 or 29 C) to cool down the room and fan at low speed.

EnFlor

air con, fan or w/o any of both.....depends on situation. U just need to make adjustment to ensure your bb is comfortable.

(some mums are worried abt air con usage for newborns but at hospital, first time out naked, bb already kena aircon)

diymummy

When I was on maternity leave, in the day my baby sleep with fan and at night with air con so that he can differentiate day and night.

After my maternity leave, baby went to infant care so he's now an air con baby.

If you decide to expose your baby to air con for long periods through the day, do keep his/her skin moisturized because air con can dry out baby's skin very very quickly.

What me and hubby do is also put a plate of water in his room though our PD did ask us to invest in a humidifier. But humidifier very ex ahh!...

Domique

same for me

It depends.

If the day has been cool (ie raining all the day long or late evening/afternoon), then it's the fan at high speed. If it has been hot hot hot, it's the air con (at 28 or 29 C) to cool down the room and fan at low speed.

apollo

ds has been slping in aircon room (at night) since birth. as for daytime, only fan unless the weather is v hot. sometimes my parents will on aircon for him aft his evening bath (ard 6pm...)

100%

Alpha Male
My baby girl been sleeping in my air-con room till full month. Dun wanna risk her perspiring and got her cord area infected or something... wanna keep it cool and nice... my temperature was set to 24 and we apply lotion to her to keep her skin moist.

Now at full month, unless it's too hot, we would try to use fan in the daytime and only air con at night.

Ottermum

my son also sleeps in air con room at night...if not he'll fuss like mad...will keep waking up....

during the day i'll on the fan for him when he sleeps in the sarong...

on air con everyday makes my SP bill $135!!!!

kenxf_03

DS slp with fan all day since birth till full mth, cos he slp with my CL in another room. After I take over, he slp with fan on in the day time and night time with air con from 8pm till midnite, after that with fan again.

apollo

my son also sleeps in air con room at night...if not he'll fuss like mad...will keep waking up....

i stay with my parents and monthly bill is 200++, nearly 300 -.-""" i think i really hav to train ds to slp in non-aircon room, if not next time i move out, no one shares the burden, will bankrupt

autumn82

i stay with my parents and monthly bill is 200++, nearly 300 -.-""" i think i really hav to train dear son to sleep in non-aircon room, if not next time i move out, no one shares the burden, will bankrupt
Mine day time sleep wif fan full blast stationary, at nite wif aircon. My bill comes up to $290++ mthly. Zzzz...

iwan2noe

Hi hi,

I would like to suggest this to help u save on ur utility bill which I use and it helps me to save up to 40% of my bills.

For eg, if u are letting ur bb sleep for 8 hrs throughout the nite, u can set ur air con to run for say 3-4 hrs and the remaining time use the fan and set the time to 5 or 4 hrs. In this ways, less electricity is consumed and water wastage.

It helps! do try :) using the fan more also helps the environment! hee:wong29:

Pwiincess

then do you still swaddle your babies when the aircon is not on? Because old ppl believes that babies cant feel warmness. They believe that you have to swaddle them so that they wont be frightened. I realised that swaddling my son in a non aircon room causes alot of sweating! Yet old people believes that it's due to 'xin cheng dai xie.

apollo

then do you still swaddle your babies when the aircon is not on? Because old ppl believes that babies cant feel warmness. They believe that you have to swaddle them so that they wont be frightened. I realised that swaddling my son in a non aircon room causes alot of sweating! Yet old people believes that it's due to 'xin cheng dai xie.
NEVER swaddle a baby during normal day!!! babies are alrdy more 'hot' den adult, if u swaddle them, might cause heat stroke!

as for aircon room, i let ds wear long sleeve, long pants, socks and mitten (during midnight) cos when it comes to midnight, super cold, his hands will become v cold too... but i never swaddle him aft he reached 2week old..