Am I a bad mother?

minutiae

My bb is 6 weeks old today. I had a wondeful CL to help me out during the first month. She did everything and more. I let bb sleep with her at night cos she said I needed as much as rest as possible. Then she left and my nightmare began. Bb couldn't sleep peacefully thru the night. Everytime she gets up for feeding and changing, she will cry like mad and she's extremely loud and forceful. I couldnt calm her down at all. I did everything my CL taught me but still no use.

I was very stressed and have not had a good night sleep since last week. Then my mom helped me out, left the bb with her to sleep at night and somehow she's calmer again. I cried every night in bed cos I really dunno how to feed my bb properly. She's always struggling with me and changing too. She screams her head off.

I dun wanna cause her anymore distress so I decided to let my mom take care at night while I get some sleep. But I will wake up when she does to help make milk and be with her. While in the day, I will do household chores instead of my mom. Am I a bad mother for not taking care of my bb at night?

diza

I think u are just thinking too much. Ur baby cries for a reason and she's too young to recognise ppl. Babies start to reject strangers after 6 months like that. Ur baby has been spending time with ur CL and she didn't fuss when ur mom takes care of her right? My boy cries too in the middle of the night when my hubby changes his diaper because he's hungry. Maybe u might want to feed her first then change her diaper. Try to gently rock ur baby, make shushing sounds, let baby lie on ur chest, pat her back... Btw, are u giving ur baby FM or BM? I am on TBF and it helps me to bond with my son.

xiaodaisy

dont think too much .. ur not a bad mother , as a first time mom , maybe ur just not used to it .. cheer up !!

as time goes by , u can slowly pick up the pace and know how to handle ur baby .. =)

Ur being too hard on yourself, it really is overwhelming .. Stay away from negativity, or postnatal depression will consume u, and it's not something to take lightly .
U have to calm down, have lots and lots of patience .. I was a single mum before, and I know how tough it can get . Never let anybody bring you down, u brought a life to this world, it was exhausting !
Take small steps at a time, maybe u can sleep w your mum and baby .. When ur ready, den take baby to sleep with you without mum . :)