am i a difficult employer??? pls advice...

kittyyeo

38days ago i fetch my maid from the agency... yesterday i just send her back to the agency... i felt devastated...

in my house there is (4 adult and kids, 1yr and nb)

usually for the 1st day... maid will wake up extremely early... but for her... she wakes up at 8 plus... i told myself maybe her first night she can't sleep... thats y she wakes up late... but for the next few days/weeks is still the same... the slpin time allocated for her is 10.30pm to 7am...

she shares room with my sis (15 yr old) who stays with me... out of good will... she ask her if she wanna sleep on the bed or the mattress on the floor... she told my sis she wanna sleep on the bed... so my sis sleep on the mattress... when my sis went for a 3 night camp... she didn't bother to fold my sis bed... and she step on it everyday when she get up and down the bed... when my sis is back from the camp... my mom (who was out) called my sis phone to ask her ans... my mom instruct her to change the bedsheet... but she told my sis she dont know who is that... and doesnt follow the instruction (she sees my mom before, my mom came to stay with me to help me look after my nb). when my mom came back with my nb... she didn't help to take the things my mother carrying... instead she sit on the sofa and watch tv (she didn't ask permission to on the tv)... my mom got piss off and told her off... ever since then my sister went to sleep in another bedroom... when my sis not slpin in the bedroom, she on the aircon herself without asking permission (there is fan in the room)... after she wakes up... she didn't off the aircon... i had to off it myself (only when i realise the aircon is still on around 1pm as she close the room door even when she is not inside)... after 2-3 times... i got piss off and i remove the remote control from the room...

i brought her out with me for 3 times... the first time was the 1st day i pick her up from the agency... i bring her to buy some shorts and necessities... when she reach home she complain she is giddy... so we ask her to sit and rest... 2nd time i bring her out with my mom and sis to shop... she dine in with us at ding tai fung...we let her choose the food she wants and i let her eat first hoping she will look after my kids after she finish eating... but after she finish eating... she continue to sit down there... even when my daughter is making noise... she also didn't bother to entertain her... my sis had to entertaine her... my mom had to carry the nb and eat at the same time... i went to the restaurant later as i went to collect things and park the car... when we reach home she appear to be ok... but the 3rd time we bring her out... when we reach home... she sit in the kitchen... my mom ask her to go to the living room and sit as the children is in the living room... she went to the bedroom on aircon and sleep... it was about 5plus in the evening... when i came out from my bedroom... i ask my mom where is she... my mom told me she is in the bedroom... i went in the room and ask if her is not feeling well... she say she is fine... she often leave my mom with the two kids alone without helping her... after 3 times, we choose not to bring her out as she can't help... so we left her alone in the house... everytime we come back we will see her walk out from her bedroom with a "i just woke up" face... everytime when i bring my children out... i have to pack and unpack the diaper bag myself...

there was once i left hm around 7pm plus with my daughter, leaving my mom and son with her in the house, that day my mom was not feeling well so she was resting in her room, when i reach home at 10pm plus... i realise my nb was not fed at all... she just keep rocking him in the cradle... and she was told that my son need to be feed at 8pm and 10pm... when i reach home... she quickly go into the room and sleep...

another incident is she looks after my daughter and she fall down... i saw it with my own eye... but when ask her... she say my daugher never falls down... we told her if she falls or injure must let us know... but she never... 2 days later my daughter got a cut on her finger... i ask her how she got the cut... she told me she dont know... i ask her when she cut herself... she also say dont know... i got piss off and i told her off... "you suppose to look after the children and you dont know what happen"... she only have to take care of 1 child at a time...

my mom ask her to handwash 2 pcs of shirt... she dont want... in the end my mom put the shirts together with the rest of the clothes into the washing machine and wash... my mom ask her to iron clothes... she say tomorrow... ask her to go down to mini mart with my mom to buy things... she say dont want... in the end my mother bring my daughter with her to buy things leaving my nb son with the maid at home...

when i ask her to feed my son, she put the milk bottle into his mouth and she watch tv while feeding him... i got pissed off and i switch of the tv.. bringing my daughter and mom into my room to tuck my daughter for her afternoon nap... less then 5 mins after i am in the room... i heard refrigerator sound... i feel strange... so i ask my mom to chk while i continue to tuck my daughter to sleep... when i go out...i saw my mom feeding my son... she sitting there watching tv... i ask my mom who on the tv... my mom told me is on when she came out... my thinking is like "hello, your employer off the tv and you on it without her permission"... the reason y i off the tv is because i want her to concentrate on feeding my son... when she is looking after my son... she fall aslp... her sleep time is from 10.30pm to 7am... and my daughter slps with me while my son slps with my mother... i dont understand y she is always tired... did i give her too little time to rest?

i got water filter for my house... and i told her to use the water from the filter for filling the airpot... she didn't instead she fill the airpot with tap water... when she drink, she will use the water from the filter... and she clearly know the water in the airpot is meant to make milk for my daughter... my son uses tommee tippee bottle and there is a tube inside... i told her and demonstrate to her that she has to dismantle them and wash... but she doesn't listen... caught her a few times...

she doesn't empty the thrash in the house... when i ask her to empty the dustbin in my room... she will just throw it in the bigger rubbish bin in the kitchen... there was once when i am back from work, i saw my dustbin is not empty, i ask her to empty... she also ans me tomorrow... -.-"... i am stayin in a hdb and the rubbish needs to be bring out of the house to throw

another thing that i can't tolerate is her hygiene... when she use the toilet... she will leave drops of urine on the seat... she doesn't clean them up... we did told her to clean it and told her to chk everytime after used... but she didn't follow my instruction... we still see her urine on the seat... after being in the house for 2-3 weeks she did not wash the toilet bowl... my mom have to wash it... as for my room toilet... i am maintaining it myself...can you imagine when you have a maid at home...but your toilet floor is not scrub for 3 weeks no one wash your toilet bowl... after she bath... she left behind her hair all over the floor... i am not talking about those 2 or 3 strands of hair... but is those kind that you can clearly see... and after she bath she also dont bother to rinse away the soap on the floor... my mom is 47 this yr... what if she falls in the toilet... :S...after she drinks, she doesn't wash the cup... she will just pour away the remaining water and put it back on the drying rack... when she eat... if she doesn't have enough... she will use the spoon she used to take additional rice... she expect us to eat her saliva? she always peel the dead skin of her feed when watching tv and she seems to using her hand to remove the dirt in her eye... when ask her to carry the nb... she dont bother to wash her hand first after she touch her feet and touch her eye... we need to ask her wash her hand...

my mom teach her how to cook... the next day ask her to try cooking... she told my mom she dont want... end up my mom had to cook for her and the family... when she see my daughter goes to the kitchen while my mom cooking... she will just sit at the living room to rock the cradle when my son is already aslp... or sit at the living room fold clothes... or continue to watch tv... end up my mother only cooks when my children is sleeping or when my sis is around...

yesterday when i ask her to pack her things to go back to the agent... she did not cry at all... she didn't ask y... neither did she ask for a chance... she just went into the room and quickly pack her stuff... when she reach the agency... she smile... agent ask her your employer not good? she keep quiet... ask her if she has enough to eat... she say yes... ask her enough sleep? she ans somebody using the computer she can't sleep... when my sis use the computer... she actually kick my sister... the place where my sister sit and she sleep is very near... so is either she sleep accidentally kick my sis or she purposely kick her... and my sis starts her school holiday how long ago... for the first week she went for camp and for 2 weeks she work... when she is working she sleep at around 10pm... only this week my sis is at home...

in conclusion... when she is around... she hand wash my kids clothes, machine wash the rest of the clothes... iron clothes... sweep the floor... change bedsheet... wash the utensils and milk bottles... make milk for my daughter when she is ask to... change diaper for my kids when she is ask to... if never ask her to mop the floor she will never mop... but i did give her a timetable that she should mop the floor at least once a day if possible twice a day as opp my flat there are construction works, flat becomes very dusty... i dont know y i give her the timetable when she dont follows it... when both my kids sleeping she sit there to watch tv... to the extend when my son make noise (just beside her) she also didn't realise... too engross watching tv... did i employ her to watch tv?

am i asking too much from her?? my daughter doesn't want her (the maid) to touch her... everytime i ask her change her diaper, my daughter will cry loudly... for the 37 days she is with us... she never tuck my daughter to sleep before... only bath my daughter once... i dont mind if she looks after my children well and did not do the housework well... but she can't look after my children... housework also never do properly...

worried that she can't understand english well, i even look for pple to translate for me... but end up i feel that she understand, is just that she choose not to understand... we understand everyone got own preference... i bring her to choose the necessity she wanna use and food she wanna eat... even when we didn't bring her out... we still buy food she like for her... we make sure she got fruits after meals... she eat as and when she like... we didn't restrict the amount of rice / food she eat... we still tell her to make sure she eats enough...

i wonder is it because i am too nice to her, that's y she take advantage... or i expect too much from her? pls advice?

Tiggee

Wah! Why your maid lidat de? A maid is there to do housework and make our lives easier. If she can do simple stuff and all she does is watch tv, sending her back is the correct choice.

hpc

Another idiot trying to be funny.How come trainer from the agency didn't notice her laziness.Ask a refund or change another maid,black list her so that other employer won't employ her.

xiaodaisy

salute u lo .. u bear for her for 1mth +

for me , i tink first wk i will send her back alrdy !!

seems like the maid come holiday instead of working =.=''

kittyyeo

now i had a indonesia maid... she is good... looks after my kids well and cleans my house well... she sweep floor whenever she can... no nid timetable... very auto... dunno if is too early to say so... hahaha... after one bad experience scare liao... as for the old maid she was send back to the agent... heard she was transfer to an myanmar employer... anyway the maid is a myanmar maid... so i guess no language barrier... agent told me sometimes is just wrong pairing... so i also dunno...

JazN

i think myanmar maid probably communication problem. Salute you can tolerate so long. Few days i would have sent her packing.

kittyyeo

but the timetable was translated to myanmar language wor... cuz my uncle company got myanmar worker who are good with english... so i ask him help me translate... in the end my uncle told me myanmar workers are kinda lazy... the workers there also lidat... anyway guess that maid was not the worst... another myanmar maid i heard she told her employer... "my working time is from 9am - 5pm... after 5pm u cannot ask me to do anything"... that's part of the result the 2nd maid i choose a indonesia maid...

AstroDad

talking about maids... Have quite a few bad experiences with them. From my experience, the Indonesians are better, given the salary and the communications. Filippino are too ex and Burmese can't really communicate. But each country has their fair share of bad eggs. Employing a good maid is akin to striking lottery.

xiaodaisy

now i had a indonesia maid... she is good... looks after my kids well and cleans my house well... she sweep floor whenever she can... no nid timetable... very auto... dunno if is too early to say so... hahaha... after one bad experience scare liao... as for the old maid she was send back to the agent... heard she was transfer to an myanmar employer... anyway the maid is a myanmar maid... so i guess no language barrier... agent told me sometimes is just wrong pairing... so i also dunno...
tats good !! finally got a better maid den the first one !! at least this maid will share burden with u den letting u do everything urself =)

littlena

Alpha Male
38days ago i fetch my maid from the agency... Yesterday i just send her back to the agency... I felt devastated...

In my house there is (4 adult and kids, 1yr and nb)

usually for the 1st day... Maid will wake up extremely early... But for her... She wakes up at 8 plus... I told myself maybe her first night she can't sleep... Thats y she wakes up late... But for the next few days/weeks is still the same... The slpin time allocated for her is 10.30pm to 7am...

She shares room with my sis (15 yr old) who stays with me... Out of good will... She ask her if she wanna sleep on the bed or the mattress on the floor... She told my sis she wanna sleep on the bed... So my sis sleep on the mattress... When my sis went for a 3 night camp... She didn't bother to fold my sis bed... And she step on it everyday when she get up and down the bed... When my sis is back from the camp... My mom (who was out) called my sis phone to ask her ans... My mom instruct her to change the bedsheet... But she told my sis she dont know who is that... And doesnt follow the instruction (she sees my mom before, my mom came to stay with me to help me look after my nb). When my mom came back with my nb... She didn't help to take the things my mother carrying... Instead she sit on the sofa and watch tv (she didn't ask permission to on the tv)... My mom got piss off and told her off... Ever since then my sister went to sleep in another bedroom... When my sis not slpin in the bedroom, she on the aircon herself without asking permission (there is fan in the room)... After she wakes up... She didn't off the aircon... I had to off it myself (only when i realise the aircon is still on around 1pm as she close the room door even when she is not inside)... After 2-3 times... I got piss off and i remove the remote control from the room...

I brought her out with me for 3 times... The first time was the 1st day i pick her up from the agency... I bring her to buy some shorts and necessities... When she reach home she complain she is giddy... So we ask her to sit and rest... 2nd time i bring her out with my mom and sis to shop... She dine in with us at ding tai fung...we let her choose the food she wants and i let her eat first hoping she will look after my kids after she finish eating... But after she finish eating... She continue to sit down there... Even when my daughter is making noise... She also didn't bother to entertain her... My sis had to entertaine her... My mom had to carry the nb and eat at the same time... I went to the restaurant later as i went to collect things and park the car... When we reach home she appear to be ok... But the 3rd time we bring her out... When we reach home... She sit in the kitchen... My mom ask her to go to the living room and sit as the children is in the living room... She went to the bedroom on aircon and sleep... It was about 5plus in the evening... When i came out from my bedroom... I ask my mom where is she... My mom told me she is in the bedroom... I went in the room and ask if her is not feeling well... She say she is fine... She often leave my mom with the two kids alone without helping her... After 3 times, we choose not to bring her out as she can't help... So we left her alone in the house... Everytime we come back we will see her walk out from her bedroom with a "i just woke up" face... Everytime when i bring my children out... I have to pack and unpack the diaper bag myself...

There was once i left hm around 7pm plus with my daughter, leaving my mom and son with her in the house, that day my mom was not feeling well so she was resting in her room, when i reach home at 10pm plus... I realise my nb was not fed at all... She just keep rocking him in the cradle... And she was told that my son need to be feed at 8pm and 10pm... When i reach home... She quickly go into the room and sleep...

Another incident is she looks after my daughter and she fall down... I saw it with my own eye... But when ask her... She say my daugher never falls down... We told her if she falls or injure must let us know... But she never... 2 days later my daughter got a cut on her finger... I ask her how she got the cut... She told me she dont know... I ask her when she cut herself... She also say dont know... I got piss off and i told her off... "you suppose to look after the children and you dont know what happen"... She only have to take care of 1 child at a time...

My mom ask her to handwash 2 pcs of shirt... She dont want... In the end my mom put the shirts together with the rest of the clothes into the washing machine and wash... My mom ask her to iron clothes... She say tomorrow... Ask her to go down to mini mart with my mom to buy things... She say dont want... In the end my mother bring my daughter with her to buy things leaving my nb son with the maid at home...

When i ask her to feed my son, she put the milk bottle into his mouth and she watch tv while feeding him... I got pissed off and i switch of the tv.. Bringing my daughter and mom into my room to tuck my daughter for her afternoon nap... Less then 5 mins after i am in the room... I heard refrigerator sound... I feel strange... So i ask my mom to chk while i continue to tuck my daughter to sleep... When i go out...i saw my mom feeding my son... She sitting there watching tv... I ask my mom who on the tv... My mom told me is on when she came out... My thinking is like "hello, your employer off the tv and you on it without her permission"... The reason y i off the tv is because i want her to concentrate on feeding my son... When she is looking after my son... She fall aslp... Her sleep time is from 10.30pm to 7am... And my daughter slps with me while my son slps with my mother... I dont understand y she is always tired... Did i give her too little time to rest?

I got water filter for my house... And i told her to use the water from the filter for filling the airpot... She didn't instead she fill the airpot with tap water... When she drink, she will use the water from the filter... And she clearly know the water in the airpot is meant to make milk for my daughter... My son uses tommee tippee bottle and there is a tube inside... I told her and demonstrate to her that she has to dismantle them and wash... But she doesn't listen... Caught her a few times...

She doesn't empty the thrash in the house... When i ask her to empty the dustbin in my room... She will just throw it in the bigger rubbish bin in the kitchen... There was once when i am back from work, i saw my dustbin is not empty, i ask her to empty... She also ans me tomorrow... -.-"... I am stayin in a hdb and the rubbish needs to be bring out of the house to throw

another thing that i can't tolerate is her hygiene... When she use the toilet... She will leave drops of urine on the seat... She doesn't clean them up... We did told her to clean it and told her to chk everytime after used... But she didn't follow my instruction... We still see her urine on the seat... After being in the house for 2-3 weeks she did not wash the toilet bowl... My mom have to wash it... As for my room toilet... I am maintaining it myself...can you imagine when you have a maid at home...but your toilet floor is not scrub for 3 weeks no one wash your toilet bowl... After she bath... She left behind her hair all over the floor... I am not talking about those 2 or 3 strands of hair... But is those kind that you can clearly see... And after she bath she also dont bother to rinse away the soap on the floor... My mom is 47 this yr... What if she falls in the toilet... :s...after she drinks, she doesn't wash the cup... She will just pour away the remaining water and put it back on the drying rack... When she eat... If she doesn't have enough... She will use the spoon she used to take additional rice... She expect us to eat her saliva? She always peel the dead skin of her feed when watching tv and she seems to using her hand to remove the dirt in her eye... When ask her to carry the nb... She dont bother to wash her hand first after she touch her feet and touch her eye... We need to ask her wash her hand...

My mom teach her how to cook... The next day ask her to try cooking... She told my mom she dont want... End up my mom had to cook for her and the family... When she see my daughter goes to the kitchen while my mom cooking... She will just sit at the living room to rock the cradle when my son is already aslp... Or sit at the living room fold clothes... Or continue to watch tv... End up my mother only cooks when my children is sleeping or when my sis is around...

Yesterday when i ask her to pack her things to go back to the agent... She did not cry at all... She didn't ask y... Neither did she ask for a chance... She just went into the room and quickly pack her stuff... When she reach the agency... She smile... Agent ask her your employer not good? She keep quiet... Ask her if she has enough to eat... She say yes... Ask her enough sleep? She ans somebody using the computer she can't sleep... When my sis use the computer... She actually kick my sister... The place where my sister sit and she sleep is very near... So is either she sleep accidentally kick my sis or she purposely kick her... And my sis starts her school holiday how long ago... For the first week she went for camp and for 2 weeks she work... When she is working she sleep at around 10pm... Only this week my sis is at home...

In conclusion... When she is around... She hand wash my kids clothes, machine wash the rest of the clothes... Iron clothes... Sweep the floor... Change bedsheet... Wash the utensils and milk bottles... Make milk for my daughter when she is ask to... Change diaper for my kids when she is ask to... If never ask her to mop the floor she will never mop... But i did give her a timetable that she should mop the floor at least once a day if possible twice a day as opp my flat there are construction works, flat becomes very dusty... I dont know y i give her the timetable when she dont follows it... When both my kids sleeping she sit there to watch tv... To the extend when my son make noise (just beside her) she also didn't realise... Too engross watching tv... Did i employ her to watch tv?

Am i asking too much from her?? My daughter doesn't want her (the maid) to touch her... Everytime i ask her change her diaper, my daughter will cry loudly... For the 37 days she is with us... She never tuck my daughter to sleep before... Only bath my daughter once... I dont mind if she looks after my children well and did not do the housework well... But she can't look after my children... Housework also never do properly...

Worried that she can't understand english well, i even look for pple to translate for me... But end up i feel that she understand, is just that she choose not to understand... We understand everyone got own preference... I bring her to choose the necessity she wanna use and food she wanna eat... Even when we didn't bring her out... We still buy food she like for her... We make sure she got fruits after meals... She eat as and when she like... We didn't restrict the amount of rice / food she eat... We still tell her to make sure she eats enough...

I wonder is it because i am too nice to her, that's y she take advantage... Or i expect too much from her? Pls advice?

you must be an angel:001_302:

kittyyeo

eh... now indonesia maid is actually more ex den Filipino wor... my indonesia maid cost me $450 per month

talking about maids... Have quite a few bad experiences with them. From my experience, the Indonesians are better, given the salary and the communications. Filippino are too ex and Burmese can't really communicate. But each country has their fair share of bad eggs. Employing a good maid is akin to striking lottery.

kittyyeo

hm... no lah... i believed she also very pity to leave the country and work alone here... just like my maid now... i ownself give her a hp to use so that she can maintain communication with her family... she really auto... will not abuse my kindness... her hp is in silent mode... she is here almost 2 mths le... although the phone is with her... she still ask permission to make phone calls... =) i like it this way... 2 way traffic... i treat her good... she treat my children good...

mummymaid

hm... no lah... i believed she also very pity to leave the country and work alone here... just like my maid now... i ownself give her a hp to use so that she can maintain communication with her family... she really auto... will not abuse my kindness... her hp is in silent mode... she is here almost 2 mths le... although the phone is with her... she still ask permission to make phone calls... =) i like it this way... 2 way traffic... i treat her good... she treat my children good...

Vomit blood
Dunno who educated the new breed-maids Spore is a place to relax and enjoy life. Pay them so much to bring miseries to our lives. Don't just look at salary-face value, look at how much employer got to fork out for maid to live with you, inconveniences and damages to our well-being & pocket!

The comments I gathered were, Myanmar maids are the worst of all nationalities. If you must hire them, make sure you interview them face-to-face and see their real faces. Communication-lauguage is really a headache .... imagine paying $400-420 and found no chores carried out as per your instructions, dont you feel short-changed?

I won't say other nationalities are good, everybody is different but getting a real helper is a problem in Spore, especially for those who are not tai-tai, got to leave our precious ones with lousy maid yet must think twice before getting rid of them. Where to find so many leave to stay home when maid away?

msmaidagent

38days ago i fetch my maid from the agency... yesterday i just send her back to the agency... i felt devastated...

in my house there is (4 adult and kids, 1yr and nb)

usually for the 1st day... maid will wake up extremely early... but for her... she wakes up at 8 plus... i told myself maybe her first night she can't sleep... thats y she wakes up late... but for the next few days/weeks is still the same... the slpin time allocated for her is 10.30pm to 7am...

she shares room with my sis (15 yr old) who stays with me... out of good will... she ask her if she wanna sleep on the bed or the mattress on the floor... she told my sis she wanna sleep on the bed... so my sis sleep on the mattress... when my sis went for a 3 night camp... she didn't bother to fold my sis bed... and she step on it everyday when she get up and down the bed... when my sis is back from the camp... my mom (who was out) called my sis phone to ask her ans... my mom instruct her to change the bedsheet... but she told my sis she dont know who is that... and doesnt follow the instruction (she sees my mom before, my mom came to stay with me to help me look after my nb). when my mom came back with my nb... she didn't help to take the things my mother carrying... instead she sit on the sofa and watch tv (she didn't ask permission to on the tv)... my mom got piss off and told her off... ever since then my sister went to sleep in another bedroom... when my sis not slpin in the bedroom, she on the aircon herself without asking permission (there is fan in the room)... after she wakes up... she didn't off the aircon... i had to off it myself (only when i realise the aircon is still on around 1pm as she close the room door even when she is not inside)... after 2-3 times... i got piss off and i remove the remote control from the room...

i brought her out with me for 3 times... the first time was the 1st day i pick her up from the agency... i bring her to buy some shorts and necessities... when she reach home she complain she is giddy... so we ask her to sit and rest... 2nd time i bring her out with my mom and sis to shop... she dine in with us at ding tai fung...we let her choose the food she wants and i let her eat first hoping she will look after my kids after she finish eating... but after she finish eating... she continue to sit down there... even when my daughter is making noise... she also didn't bother to entertain her... my sis had to entertaine her... my mom had to carry the nb and eat at the same time... i went to the restaurant later as i went to collect things and park the car... when we reach home she appear to be ok... but the 3rd time we bring her out... when we reach home... she sit in the kitchen... my mom ask her to go to the living room and sit as the children is in the living room... she went to the bedroom on aircon and sleep... it was about 5plus in the evening... when i came out from my bedroom... i ask my mom where is she... my mom told me she is in the bedroom... i went in the room and ask if her is not feeling well... she say she is fine... she often leave my mom with the two kids alone without helping her... after 3 times, we choose not to bring her out as she can't help... so we left her alone in the house... everytime we come back we will see her walk out from her bedroom with a "i just woke up" face... everytime when i bring my children out... i have to pack and unpack the diaper bag myself...

there was once i left hm around 7pm plus with my daughter, leaving my mom and son with her in the house, that day my mom was not feeling well so she was resting in her room, when i reach home at 10pm plus... i realise my nb was not fed at all... she just keep rocking him in the cradle... and she was told that my son need to be feed at 8pm and 10pm... when i reach home... she quickly go into the room and sleep...

another incident is she looks after my daughter and she fall down... i saw it with my own eye... but when ask her... she say my daugher never falls down... we told her if she falls or injure must let us know... but she never... 2 days later my daughter got a cut on her finger... i ask her how she got the cut... she told me she dont know... i ask her when she cut herself... she also say dont know... i got piss off and i told her off... "you suppose to look after the children and you dont know what happen"... she only have to take care of 1 child at a time...

my mom ask her to handwash 2 pcs of shirt... she dont want... in the end my mom put the shirts together with the rest of the clothes into the washing machine and wash... my mom ask her to iron clothes... she say tomorrow... ask her to go down to mini mart with my mom to buy things... she say dont want... in the end my mother bring my daughter with her to buy things leaving my nb son with the maid at home...

when i ask her to feed my son, she put the milk bottle into his mouth and she watch tv while feeding him... i got pissed off and i switch of the tv.. bringing my daughter and mom into my room to tuck my daughter for her afternoon nap... less then 5 mins after i am in the room... i heard refrigerator sound... i feel strange... so i ask my mom to chk while i continue to tuck my daughter to sleep... when i go out...i saw my mom feeding my son... she sitting there watching tv... i ask my mom who on the tv... my mom told me is on when she came out... my thinking is like "hello, your employer off the tv and you on it without her permission"... the reason y i off the tv is because i want her to concentrate on feeding my son... when she is looking after my son... she fall aslp... her sleep time is from 10.30pm to 7am... and my daughter slps with me while my son slps with my mother... i dont understand y she is always tired... did i give her too little time to rest?

i got water filter for my house... and i told her to use the water from the filter for filling the airpot... she didn't instead she fill the airpot with tap water... when she drink, she will use the water from the filter... and she clearly know the water in the airpot is meant to make milk for my daughter... my son uses tommee tippee bottle and there is a tube inside... i told her and demonstrate to her that she has to dismantle them and wash... but she doesn't listen... caught her a few times...

she doesn't empty the thrash in the house... when i ask her to empty the dustbin in my room... she will just throw it in the bigger rubbish bin in the kitchen... there was once when i am back from work, i saw my dustbin is not empty, i ask her to empty... she also ans me tomorrow... -.-"... i am stayin in a hdb and the rubbish needs to be bring out of the house to throw

another thing that i can't tolerate is her hygiene... when she use the toilet... she will leave drops of urine on the seat... she doesn't clean them up... we did told her to clean it and told her to chk everytime after used... but she didn't follow my instruction... we still see her urine on the seat... after being in the house for 2-3 weeks she did not wash the toilet bowl... my mom have to wash it... as for my room toilet... i am maintaining it myself...can you imagine when you have a maid at home...but your toilet floor is not scrub for 3 weeks no one wash your toilet bowl... after she bath... she left behind her hair all over the floor... i am not talking about those 2 or 3 strands of hair... but is those kind that you can clearly see... and after she bath she also dont bother to rinse away the soap on the floor... my mom is 47 this yr... what if she falls in the toilet... :S...after she drinks, she doesn't wash the cup... she will just pour away the remaining water and put it back on the drying rack... when she eat... if she doesn't have enough... she will use the spoon she used to take additional rice... she expect us to eat her saliva? she always peel the dead skin of her feed when watching tv and she seems to using her hand to remove the dirt in her eye... when ask her to carry the nb... she dont bother to wash her hand first after she touch her feet and touch her eye... we need to ask her wash her hand...

my mom teach her how to cook... the next day ask her to try cooking... she told my mom she dont want... end up my mom had to cook for her and the family... when she see my daughter goes to the kitchen while my mom cooking... she will just sit at the living room to rock the cradle when my son is already aslp... or sit at the living room fold clothes... or continue to watch tv... end up my mother only cooks when my children is sleeping or when my sis is around...

yesterday when i ask her to pack her things to go back to the agent... she did not cry at all... she didn't ask y... neither did she ask for a chance... she just went into the room and quickly pack her stuff... when she reach the agency... she smile... agent ask her your employer not good? she keep quiet... ask her if she has enough to eat... she say yes... ask her enough sleep? she ans somebody using the computer she can't sleep... when my sis use the computer... she actually kick my sister... the place where my sister sit and she sleep is very near... so is either she sleep accidentally kick my sis or she purposely kick her... and my sis starts her school holiday how long ago... for the first week she went for camp and for 2 weeks she work... when she is working she sleep at around 10pm... only this week my sis is at home...

in conclusion... when she is around... she hand wash my kids clothes, machine wash the rest of the clothes... iron clothes... sweep the floor... change bedsheet... wash the utensils and milk bottles... make milk for my daughter when she is ask to... change diaper for my kids when she is ask to... if never ask her to mop the floor she will never mop... but i did give her a timetable that she should mop the floor at least once a day if possible twice a day as opp my flat there are construction works, flat becomes very dusty... i dont know y i give her the timetable when she dont follows it... when both my kids sleeping she sit there to watch tv... to the extend when my son make noise (just beside her) she also didn't realise... too engross watching tv... did i employ her to watch tv?

am i asking too much from her?? my daughter doesn't want her (the maid) to touch her... everytime i ask her change her diaper, my daughter will cry loudly... for the 37 days she is with us... she never tuck my daughter to sleep before... only bath my daughter once... i dont mind if she looks after my children well and did not do the housework well... but she can't look after my children... housework also never do properly...

worried that she can't understand english well, i even look for pple to translate for me... but end up i feel that she understand, is just that she choose not to understand... we understand everyone got own preference... i bring her to choose the necessity she wanna use and food she wanna eat... even when we didn't bring her out... we still buy food she like for her... we make sure she got fruits after meals... she eat as and when she like... we didn't restrict the amount of rice / food she eat... we still tell her to make sure she eats enough...

i wonder is it because i am too nice to her, that's y she take advantage... or i expect too much from her? pls advice?
Hi Babe,

Based on your story, i guess you are too nice to her. Did the agency warn her to work properly before she go to your house? By right if she is behaving this way in a week , you should call the agent to counsel her. If it does not work then apply for a replacement. Your timetable is quite reasonable with with your mother around to help. But if you employ a maid but ended up you & mother are doing all the work, then its wasting money.

I really hope you have a good maid now.. Should you need any advise, you can PM me. I am a maid agent :)

Take care.

karmengal

Hi all, i'm sending maid in mid march and would like to warn about her in case she comes back to singapore and work.
Name: Dumbrigue Vernadeth Casil
Nationality: Filippines from isabella

Tannie

Kittyyeo, I dun think u r being difficult employer... Some maid really know how to take advantage. Ur mum n urself is too lenient.