Am I using my Ameda Lactaline wrongly?

toys_r_us

I can only express 70ml from both sides after 30mins.

When I used my manual Tommee Tippee pump, I could express 120ml.

Is there something im doing wrongly?

I've been bf for 6 weeks, and I actually latch my girl on for every feed, and the milk seems more than enough for her. just need to express in case i cant latch her on.

foreveris

i'm using the ameda pump too and I usually do breast compressions to empty my breast better.. perhaps you can try that too..
and when I use my manual avent pump I also get like 40ml more than the electric ameda pump..

toys_r_us

i'm using the ameda pump too and I usually do breast compressions to empty my breast better.. perhaps you can try that too..
and when I use my manual avent pump I also get like 40ml more than the electric ameda pump..
Hi foreveris, thanks for replying, thought this thread would get no attention at all haha

I tried massaging my breasts before pumping, and also compressing the breast while pumping and it does help, somehow my supply went up, and after pumping for 10mins each side i managed to get about 160-170ml, so thats a relief!

foreveris

you can also try putting a hot conpress (use a glass bottle, pour in some hot water and screw it tight) will also help in faster letdown..:)

babyalychan

Hi toys r us,

have you replaced the spare valves that comes with the pump set? does it work better? for me most of the time is the valve problem. after replacing them the suction will be stronger.

if you are interested, i have some brand new ameda valves for sale at $6 each inclusive of postage.

let me know if you are interested. :001_302:

Last edited: